Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tubes n' Toys

Jack... Ayden and I went to the city pool today! The weather was great for it and the pool was actually warm. I was pleasantly surprised when we first got in. We didn't go until 5pm though because from 5-8pm today you could bring tubes and toys and I don't like taking Ayden into the big pool without some sort of flotation thing because otherwise I have to hold onto him the whole time. We brought along this little tube we had gotten for him a few years back. He is finally big enough to be able to hold onto it decently and float in the water. And actually, the shallowest part in the big pool is 2 feet 11inches and he can touch there okay. He was even brave enough to jump in by himself with the tube and didn't mind about getting his face wet. We had SO much fun! It was $4.50 for both of us which I didn't think was that bad. I don't think that we will get a summer pass or anything because in the past three years that we've been up here this is only like our 4th time going. The baby pool was colder than the big pool so we didn't go in there. We stayed for about an hour and then came home and had some left overs for supper. Jay was home from work by the time we got home which was nice.

I went to Walmart today after work before I had to go pick up Ayden from daycare. We needed some toliet paper, milk, shampoo and poptarts. I came home with a few more things than that, but I really didn't spend all that much money. I found some new earrings for myself and a 'guy' necklace for Jay. I didn't think that he would wear it, but he put it on. We will see how long he decides that he likes it before he stops wearing it. Kind of like his watch, but I thought it looked pretty nice. I also found two outfits for Ayden. They are three piece outfits: jean shorts, tank top, button up shirt and each was regular price of $11 and I got them both on sale for $3. I just couldn't pass it up because they were too darn cute and for that price honestly who could?

Ayden took a good nap today which was surprising and I started to make some more flashcards for the GRE. Didn't work on that for too long before I got bored with it. I need to stay motivated with that. I'm really trying. I also said that I wanted to finish Ayden's birthday invitations today, but don't know if I will get that far either. Swimming really made me tired and all I want to do is sit and watch TV. A new Deadliest Catch is on right now, pretty interesting tonight and a new Tori and Dean is on after it. Just a night to sit and relax really.

I know this isn't very long, but it's something, is it not... CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: