Monday, July 14, 2008

Home Alone... Not anymore...

'Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.'

I was paging through my quote books the other day trying to find one that I wanted to use on my new blog header. I found quite a lot of good ones, but I was looking for something that I really liked, and I think I found it. But while I was doing that I thought why not start a quote of the day thing here on my blog. Make some use of these books that I have had for quite some time. I really like them and paid for them so here we go. Starting a quote of the day thing, hope you enjoy!

I also thought I might add a few comments each day to the quote. Some opinions, view, or maybe even funny comments. Today it's going to be funny... See, I hope that I am not 'normal'. I try to be a true individual and not to care what other people think of me. I cannot let other people run my life with their opinions and will not. I need to be me for me! Do I masquerade as someone 'normal'? Maybe, maybe not? I probably do sometimes, but if I voice my opinions ALL the time then people might not like me and well I don't want to be not liked by EVERYONE! Well not that a lot of people don't like me...

One would have thought that by having the house to myself for most of Saturday and Sunday that I would have been able to do some serious blogging. When in fact, I didn't blog at all. Sorry all my faithful readers. I was on the computer though, just not the internet. I am working on a slideshow of scrapbook pages for Ayden's birthday party. Yes, I am a cool mom like that who puts a lot of work into something that he probably won't even appreciate, but I know that everyone else will really like it. I've been working on a lot of pages and the slideshow itself. My hope is that I can get it onto a DVD and will be able to play it on the TV during the party. I even have some music picked out that I want to add to it. I am not able to make DVDs on my computer, but my mom's husband Jim can on his so he is going to see if he can get something to work for me. But first I need to finish the pages. I have about 15 done so far and would like to get about 50. A lot, I know, but I have about a month. I have two songs that I want to play that add up to about 5 or 6 minutes long. And I just did a little bit of math, OMG, we do use it outside of school, lol... and I will need 50 scrapbook slides and 60 just pictures and then everything should work out how I want it to! But of course being the perfectionist that I am, it will also require lots of time on my part. Time I should be using to study for the GRE.

Seriously though people, it is just SO NICE to not have to worry about homework or tests during the summer that I want to relish every minute of it, but then here's this test and I really need to do good on. Ugh, the conflictions of the mind. Also, I heard from my boss today that the book that I want is out at some store so I'm anxiously awaiting a moment when I can dash over to that store to see if it is really out. And if so, of course purchase it on the spot. Is it really going to be that good of a week? Who knows? But if it is, then I will probably be lost in the book for a good two or three days just to get it done. Ah, the love of Edward and Bella! Lol, I know I'm crazy, you don't have to tell me, but isn't that what actracts you and makes you keep coming back to read this? What fun would it be if I was 'normal' like lots of other people. How interesting would life be then?


Later... guess what? My book is not out yet. The book that my boss was talking about was another one released by the same author earlier in the summer. Darn, huh? Got me all excited for nothing, but that's okay. I also bought a book for Ayden while at the book store, but then decided against it and then went to Target and almost bought some books for me there and then put them back. They looked like really good books, but didn't need to spend the money. I decided to just look for them at the library a little later in the day when Ayden and I went.

After I picked Ayden up from daycare we went and fed the ducks and geese. They flocked towards us even before they knew we had anything to feed them. It was too funny, they are so used to people feeding them. The geese were really funny, but I didn't let Ayden get too close to them because they can get mean. The bread lasted us for a while and then it was off to the library. I found two good books there and picked a few more out for Ayden.

Ayden did take a late nap today which was nice. Means he is not crabby tonight, yeah! We went to Mickey D's for supper. Jay was originally going to make potatoes on the grill, but he got home from work a little later than expected and Ayden asked to go so nicely. It was the cutest thing so I said yes. Besides, we haven't been to McDonalds in a long time so I thought why not. Although, I would prefer Arby's over them that's okay. McDonalds food is okay, but you can definitely taste the fat in it. Or maybe it's just me feeling a little fatter after I eat it. In any case, can't have my kid growing up and not knowing what McDonalds is, can I? And of course he got a happy meal!

More good news and not so good news of the day... I got to order my jewlery that I've wanted for a while now from Lia Sophia. I am so excited for it to come in (hopefully within the next couple of weeks) and to be able to wear it and I'd like to think that I got a pretty good deal. With the jewlery credits that I had, my total price was less than the most expensive piece that I was getting, which of course I got for half price. LOVE IT! But the bad news is, my purse strap broke today... of all days, eh? Good thing my sister is having a purse party at the end of this month. Now I will have a valid excuse for buying a new one. I am going to make due with this one for now and try and pin the strap back into place for the next few weeks and then check out all the cool purses at the party and see if they have any good ones. I hope so! My sister said they do and is excited about it and she said that they are not super expensive either.

Oh, and guess what? I got the music to load on the slideshow thing that I am working on tonight! I am so happy about that, but now I'm not so sure the whole DVD thing is going to work out like I want it to. Time will tell on that one.

On a more sour note, I hung up on my friend the other day. She called and I listened to her, did the good friend thing, I mean I do like hearing her stories and all that good junk, but then I started in on something and I swear not even 10 seconds into the story I hear her start texting. I mean seriously, can you not wait until we are done talking? Am I that boring and is my life really that unimportant to you? Sorry I don't go out all the time and that most of my stories are about Ayden, but that is my life. Deal with it or stop being my friend... make me feel like you care about hearing what I have to say once in a while. So what did I do, I hung up! I know, not very nice, but this is definitely not the first time that she has done this and I was getting very pissed off about it. Then she texts me asking what happened and I tell her what I did and why and I haven't heard from her since. I am not making the first move to talk to her either. Why should I? She doesn't listen to anything I have to say anyways.

Enough about that. A carpet repairman is supposed to be coming to our apartment sometime tomorrow or Wednesday to fix some areas on our carpet. The manager will be coming in with him so there will not be a stranger in our house alone. All fine and dandy, but I kind of wish I knew when they would be here because Ayden and I are here all afternoon. And not that we cannot be here while they are, but it kind of makes for an uncomfortable situation. Okay, maybe just for me. Not really all for the stranger thing. Well, I know the manager, well know who he is, but don't know him personally. At least we will be getting the areas in our carpet fixed that have needed to be fixed since we moved in over a year ago.

That's all for now. CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: