Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun Weekend Coming Up!

Jack! I'm super excited for this weekend. The weather is looking to be pretty nice, cross your fingers that it stays that way! We are going back to Chilton tomorrow morning and will probably spend the bulk of the day at Jay's parents. Then if the weather and the lake are nice we are going to go out on the boat. First fish fry at Jay's grandparents (Den and Barb, they are back from Alaska now) down at the lake. After the yummy Halibit (sp?) that Den and Barb caught, hopefully it tastes good, never had it before, it's out on the lake to watch some fireworks! We are staying over Friday night, dropping by my mom's Saturday morning, and then probably coming home in the late afternoon. Fireworks here on Saturday night! I'm really excited for that. Jay said that JT said they were good last year so they should be super good this year because the show is supposed to be the biggest yet. Can't wait!

Tonight I did my weekly cleaning of the apartment. Swept and swiffered the kitchen floor, Jay did the dishes, filled the water bottles, picked up toys, Ayden picked up his room (although most of his toys just ended up on his table instead of actually being put away), and cleaned off the kitchen counters and table. Everything looks 'clean' again and I like it like that. I also did the laundry, folded it, put it away. The only thing I didn't do was make the bed and put the air mattress away from last weekend yet. But that is okay, can't be perfect everyday.

Ayden and I went to the library this afternoon after I picked him up from daycare and we found some good books on dinosaurs. Well actually the librarian found them for us. Ayden was pretty excited and they are pretty good books as well. We read most of them at the library before we even left. And Ayden loves going up the elevator to check them out. The Children's Sections is on the lower floor so we take the stairs down and the elevator up. Ayden likes to press all the buttons as well. Gotta give in sometimes. He was actually really good today. Went down for a nap around 1:30pm, but didn't fall asleep until like 3:00pm and then I let him sleep until 4pm, but he wanted to sleep later so after I brought him out of his room he slept on the couch for probably another half hour. Thus, he will probably be up until 9pm or later in his room tonight. I'm okay with that, the later he will sleep in tomorrow. And he's usually pretty well behaved when he plays in his room before nap and/or bed time.

I still need to pack everything for our trip home. That's the one thing that bites... Jay could really care less if we have everything and I am like over organized so I need to make sure we do. Usually I am pretty good with it and now that Ayden is older we don't need to remember as much like diapers and bottles and all that good junk. Although when we did need most of that stuff we were still living at home and I made sure we had diapers, clothes, and formula at both houses. Even after we moved I made sure we still had diapers and extra clothes at Jay's parents incase we ever forgot anything. Now as long as we have the 'bibi' everything is okay. We can always wash clothes if we run out, but a forgotten 'bibi' and who knows what would happen. Thankfully we've never had to find out yet.

I have to say that Jay's continued to be very good with the game playing. I think that the less he plays it, the less that he NEEDS to play it. Slowly weening him off of it. I kind of like that. However, I do like my alone time as well so I can tolerate him playing for a little while every night. It's okay... we've kind of starting watching Will and Grace together every night at 10pm. First off the show is pretty funny and secondly it's nice to spend that time together, even if it's only a half hour, some nights we watch both episodes. We both like the show and get to cuddle together in bed. I rather enjoy it!

So I've gotten Ayden's invitations in the mail. Well okay, technically not in the mail yet, but all in envelopes waiting to be dropped into the mail tomorrow, even though there is no mail tomorrow. I also decided that I am going to get 278 pictures printed from Walmart.com. I used to be such an avid scrapbooker, but I haven't done any since March when I made my mom her birthday present. I need to catch up on my pages for Ayden. I have quite a few done already and I'd like to keep up with it. So instead of wasting my ink on my printer for ALL of those pictures, Walmart has a decent price of 9 cents if I get them delivered at home. Checked the price on those pictures plus shipping and handling and it will only cost $31. Not bad, eh? Now just need to officially hit the order button. I would like to get a bunch of pages done before his party to show them off. I would also love to go out and buy a bunch of new cool stuff, but of course that all costs lots of money (if you are into scrapbooking, you will know that it can become quite a costly habit) and I don't have tons of money right now. I'm pretty content with what I have and it will suffice...

I got my curling iron out today and used it on my hair for the first time in over a year and a half. Wowsers! I didn't really do anything drastic to my hair, just curled the ends under and made it a little more spiffy. I kind of liked how it turned out and so did Jay, but of course I had to ask him if he liked it. Guys just tend not to notice the little things like that, lol! That is okay though.

Time to sit down and relax for a little while. My neck and back kind of sore. CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: