Thursday, July 31, 2008

Already August?!

The one nice thing I like about living in our apartments is the 'treasures' you find when someone discards something. Thus far, we've found a patio chair (of which we have since gotten rid of because we got our patio set now) and just the other day, someone was moving and put a gas grill out by the dumpster. Usually, when someone is getting rid of something it is broken. Well, this grill is by no means broken. Jay picked it up and brought it back to the garage to take a closer look at it and the ignitor thing doesn't work, but you can use one of those lighter things for that just as easily. It's a little dirty, but nothing a good cleaning can't solve. New, I'm sure this thing cost $70-80 if not more. Now, we already have a charcoal grill we got for about $30 last summer (which Jay loves using, we've grilled out probably almost a dozen times already this summer), but this one we can use on a moments notice and not have to wait for the charcoal to warm up. And all for free! As cooking illiterate that I am, I may even be able to handle this thing, lol!

I'm feeling more and more confident about the GRE as time goes on and I study more and more. Last night I learned 40 of 150 flashcards that I had made. YEAH ME! Another 40 today and that will be 80. Actually, it is a lot easier than I thought it would be. I am kind of worried about the time that I may spend studying this weekend because I will not be at home, but if I put a few minutes in here and there and there and here I should still be good. I still have Monday thru Wednesday next week and Ayden will not be at home with us so that will allot me even more extra time. I know I should have studied more and earlier, but summer is supposed to be for having fun. I cannot wait for it to be over though so that I can have these last few weeks off and enjoy them to the fullest without the thought of the impending GRE in the back of my head. Plus I will have two good books to read.

Breaking Dawn comes out on Saturday! Although I would love to run out and get it and dive right into, I cannot... My mom is getting it for me for my birthday. Good and bad... bad because I cannot go and get it right away and read read read, but good because I cannot go and get it right away and spend my time reading and not studying for the GRE. Lol, I know, I'm funny! But I'm still super anxious to go and read it.

Jay and I got into a bit of an arguement last night. Well, it was more than just a bit of one, I was pretty pissed off at him for a while. Of course centered around our 'issue' but we got over it in the end and all is well. At least for the time being. Sometimes I don't know what to do about it... but I know that if we are meant to be we will work through it and everything will be fine in the end. And well that is how it worked out last night. He made that salmon for supper and boy was it YUMMY! Honestly, I didn't think that it would taste very good at all, but it turned out fantastic. I didn't eat a whole lot though because I didn't want to get sick.

I need to pack today. Got all of the laundry done yesterday, but of course it's a never ending job because the hamper has clothes in it already. But I don't mind doing laundry now because our washer and dryer is in our closet. I didn't really mind doing it at the old place either, even though we did have to go outside and walk to the laundry room and pay for it. It got done faster then because we could do three loads at once, but it also sucked in the winter lugging it out into the cold and what not. And then I always had to bring Ayden with me when I was home alone. That was fine until the cold weather came in. Then I usually didn't do laundry unless Jay was home. I didn't mind leaving him alone in the house if I was going to get the mail, but getting the laundry usually took a few minutes and you never know what could happen in those few minutes. Paranoid, maybe, but at least he's still safe.

Speaking of Ayden, he was pretty crabby this morning after getting up. First we pretty much had to pry him out of bed because he didn't want to get up and then he pretty much refused to get dressed. Off went the cartoons until he got his clothes on and then finally by the time that we were headed out the door for daycare his mood flipped around. He was excited that today was water day though which was a good thing. Tire him out, then tell him he doesn't have to take a nap today, and then he will sleep the whole trip to Chilton and be okay for the purse party. Well at least I hope so. Otherwise I might have to lock him upstairs with Casey, lol.

Guess what?! I got a text message from my friend who I was talking about yesterday that I hadn't heard from in a while and was wondering if she was coming to Ayden's party... and she says that her, her husband, and son are coming and they want to get a hotel room to spend the night so we can hang out a little more. I thought that was so cool! Like I may have mentioned, we don't get to see each other very often. The last time we saw each other was at her son's birthday party back in March or April and before that was Ayden's b-day party the August before. So, if they do come up earlier, I am definitely excited about it! She helped set up for Ayden's party last year and it was so much fun. And this year his son is older and mobile. I can't wait to see them!

The end of Baby Borrowers was on last night and it was kind of funny to see that none of the couples stayed together after the 'experiment'. Nothing like having a family is fast forward to ruin someone's relationship. But at least they now know semi what it is like to have children. Right? Lol, I still think the show was a joke.


(Written Saturday) I never did finish my posting for Thursday. I did not work very long as my boss had the day off and I had finished what work she did leave me already on Wednesday. I made sure the last few things were done and then headed home to get some packing done. After I picked Ayden up from daycare I told him that he didn’t need to take a nap because we were going to be going by Grandma Wendy’s house later. The afternoon went pretty well, but he did get a little antsy before it was time to leave and kept asking if we could leave yet. I hadn’t planned to leave until around 4pm.

Jay got home around 3:30pm and we got into a pretty big argument right before I was about to leave. I couldn’t believe him and what it was about. I thought we had sorted everything out the night before and then he goes and brings it all up again and changes his mind on everything. I was irate to say the least, but I guess we got over it before I left. I was still a little miffed on the way home, but whatever. I didn’t dwell on it because I was headed off to a purse party. I was super stoked and Ayden was just happy that we had left. The traffic home wasn’t all that bad. I ran into cars here and there, but that is what I love about Hwy 10, it’s hardly ever busy. I thought I would run into more traffic once I got into Appleton because I hit it right around 5pm, but even that wasn’t horrible like I thought it would be.

The purse party was a big success. My sister sold enough to be able to get four purses at half the price I paid for two. I spent way more than I had intended, but I guess that that was okay. I totally love my new purses and Ayden even sort of helped pick them out. I ended up with two new purses, a new wallet and a key chain holder thingy that Ayden picked out. It’s definitely not the one that I would have picked, but I bought it because he picked it out and really liked it. A ton of people came which was good too. Ayden was pretty good for the most of it. Alexis came and he played with her for a little while. I think everyone was pretty much gone by like 8:30 and then Ayden helped the host lady put all the purses into her truck. He was ever so talkative then. It was cute!

On Friday Ayden and I chilled at my mom’s house for the first half the day. We helped with laundry, picked beans, went to Columbia park and ‘fished’ and climbed the tower. Oh that stupid tower! I knew that I shouldn’t have climbed it because of course my legs are killing me today. But thanks to Ayden we were up and down in probably under five minutes. That would do it to ya, lol! Then we had lunch and played outside for a while before I couldn’t keep us there any longer. Ayden kept asking when we were going to go by Grandma Michele’s house. So off we went!

Yesterday afternoon we didn’t do a whole lot. We played outside some at Jay’s parents and inside. Kept a low profile and just relaxed. I have been unable to get any studying done this weekend thus far. Good thing I will have all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after work to study before my test. I tried taking some practice ones tonight, but my brain is just not into right now. I am tired… don’t know why I even decided to do this. I guess because I thought that if I do it tonight then I won’t have to waste valuable study time tomorrow night to write. And I like doing this so I thought I might as well since my computer was already on.

Today, Saturday (even though I know I am posting this on Sunday) was a pretty good day as well. This morning, my mom, sister and I went to Kaukana to try on dress. Well, just Emily and I had to try on our dresses for my cousin’s wedding. And great news, both of ours fit perfect. Well, they each need to be hemmed up, but other than that it’s great! Couldn’t have been better… I told my mom that it must be a lucky wedding because the brides dress fit her perfect as well. Now how often does that happen?! I am so excited for the wedding. This will be my fifth wedding that I’ve stood up in. Two from when I was young and my godmother and then godfather got married (or maybe it was the other way around, don’t remember which came first) and then one for another cousin and then a friend, and now this cousin. LOVE IT! So, just need to make an appointment about two months before the wedding to get it hemmed up and all should be set to go!

That didn’t take very long. After I got home, I played outside with Ayden for a while. He was practice hitting a baseball that I was pitching to him (which I might add with little to no accuracy to wear I was throwing, lol), but even with my bad pitches Ayden was doing pretty good. After lunch I told Ayden that he had to rest on the couch for a while and he ended up falling asleep for a good two hours. I snuck a short nap in there too, probably 45 minutes. And then after his nap, Gerald was home from work and we decided to take the boat out. We ventured to a new lake today, Long Lake. Pretty decent, but not all that big. We decided to do some fishing and because I have my fishing license this year, I was able to fish. We did okay. Ayden even caught a fish, set the hook, and reeled it in all by himself. He was so proud. We stayed out there kind of long and Ayden was getting kind of antsy towards the end, which I could understand. After we got home, it was a quick supper, quick wash off in the tub, and then right to bed. I could hear him playing before, but it’s been quiet for the last couple of minutes so it makes me think that he has fallen asleep.

Despite the fact that I’ve not slept in my bed the last two nights, I have to say that I’ve slept pretty well. This time I brought my own pillows along and remembered my ‘rain maker’ (I have a nature sounds machine that I listen to at night, well just to the sound of rain because I am conditioned to it and cannot sleep in total silence anymore) and I’ve drifted off to dream land quite fast I might add which is not usually normal for me. I was surprised to learn though that a lot of my friends sleep with some sort of background noise as well… ie: a fan or what not. I am not as crazy as I thought. Or maybe we are all just crazy, lol!

Tomorrow I am going to head back to Point alone. I’d like to leave before lunch probably so I can use the afternoon to do some more studying, but we will see how that goes. Ayden knows that he staying here and seems okay with it. He also knows that in a few days he will be going camping with Grandpa and Grandma and Steven so I think that he is looking forward to that as well. Come Thursday night, I will be so wanting to see him again. Well, I will before then as well, but like I’ve mentioned before (I think) I will be really grateful to have those three extra days of peace and quiet to really get some studying done. I’m feeling more and more confident each time I take a practice quiz, but I haven’t really looked at any of the example essay structures and am worried the most about those. Seriously, why do we have to write something? I can’t remember if we had to write something for the ACTs or not. That was so long ago.

I’ve been having some pretty weird/good dreams lately. At least I think I can say good. I don’t know. Sometimes I wonder if our dreams are really trying to tell us something or if they are just based on our current worries and/or thoughts before we go to bed. I’ve heard/read many different theories on dreams and don’t know what I quite believe yet. Sometimes I go through phases where I don’t remember my dreams at all and other times I remember almost all of the details. Just another thing to add to the list of my crazy behaviors. Although I know that I am not alone on this.

That’s all for now, although I know I will add more tomorrow (really today, Sunday) before I post this. CIAO! LOVE ME!

Sunday now… back at home. Actually got home around noon today and haven’t done much since then. I sat down and watched a movie from 1-4pm, waste of time, eh? Well, kind of and yet not really. I needed to just relax a little before I jumped into the studying. I just got done taking two practice tests with not so much luck. As excited as I was yesterday about getting better scores and thinking I am going to do half way decent on the test, I am even more so down today. L I did find out when two of my friends are taking the test, both the week after me. At least they have a little more time. I wish I had more time, lol, but doesn’t everyone. This verbal stuff is still kicking me in the butt!

Ayden said he didn’t want me to leave today, but he didn’t cry when I left. He knew that he would be staying for a couple of days and seemed fine with it. My drive home was pretty uneventful which was a good thing. A little more busy than I would have liked it to be, but nothing I can do about that. At least it wasn’t rush hour traffic the whole way.

Currently storming out right now, probably shouldn’t be on the computer, but I just unplugged it so I should be okay. Running on battery power until the storm passes through, or until my battery on my computer drains… which ever comes first. I didn’t know that we were supposed to get bad weather today, but apparently. As long as it doesn’t last that long. Not that I don’t like bad weather.

Jay and I did some grocery shopping today, well we really didn’t need a whole lot. And I saw Breaking Dawn at Walmart and so wanted to pick it up and buy it, but I knew that I couldn’t because I am getting it for my birthday. Plus, if I did buy it I would want to sit down and read it right away and that would take away from my study time. As I’ve said so many times before. But we did get some sweet corn from this road side stand and it was SOOOO GOOD!!! First taste of sweet corn this year and I can’t wait for the next taste. Yummy! I get to attend two corn roasts this year!

Maybe more later… CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: