Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OUCH!!!

'The past is written! Close the book on pages sad and gray; within the future do not look, but live today today.'

I am a guily one when it comes to relishing the past. Sometimes I forget the past is the past and cannot change it. Always the what ifs and why... but more often than not I need to concentrate on the present and make every moment count for what its worth. I need to stop relishing on the sad things and remember the good things!

Jackers... What are you supposed to do when you are trying to plan a study date with three friends and you can't get ahold of two of them? Either by email or phone? Voicemails have been left and nothing yet. Not to mention these two girls that me and my other friend cannot get ahold of are also coming to Six Flags with us on Saturday. Me and my one friend are definitely type A personalities and super organized. In fact, I think she is even more organized than me. Is that even possible?! Yes, but that is what makes her so great. She is the one of the group without a kid so I'll credit that to being the reason she is so super organized. Once you have children your organization can only go so far, lol. Okay it can really go far, look at Kate from John and Kate plus 8. She is uber organized, but I think with large families you kind of need to be, otherwise there would be too much chaos.

There are supposed to be some pretty good storms today and tomorrow. Might cut into my plans of going to the park a little later. I suppose that that is okay, but being stuck in the house all day isn't always that fun either.

I went and layed down in bed pretty early last night. I didn't feel like computer scrapbooking anymore (sometimes my patiences wears thin with how slow my computer goes while I am running that program) and didn't feel like reading or studying either. Hence, I layed in bed and waited for my show to come on. Tori and Dean was pretty good last night, but before that was on I was watching a show on polygamy (sp?). It was rather interesting...

A little while back there was this big thing on the news about the FLDS (a polygamist sect in Utah- I think) and lots of drama was brougth up. I tried not to make any opinions either way, but some of the stories these people were pretty bad. Was the public supposed to believe this or not? While I don't particularily believe in plural marriages, people are allowed to live in whatever manner they want. Well, although it is technically illegal I think. Anyways, some of the stories that were being told last night seemed to be coming from honest enough people. They didn't deny that there was probably things going on in other sects that shouldn't be, but claimed that it didn't happen in their family. Like I said, it's not something for me, but if it is the way that makes them happy, then so be it. However, this one wife was explaining her lifestyle and how she chose to raise her children and it seemed to be kind of confininig. But everyone has their own parenting styles and I respect that. I may not agree with certain things that other parents do, but then I'm sure some people probably don't care for some of the things that I do Ayden and they are allowed to have their opinions as well.


On to the OUCH part of my post. I think I might have broken my pinky toe on my left foot. How you ask/wonder? Well, I was going through the freezer complining a list of groceries that we needed to get when out slides one of those cooler ice thingy and lands smack dab on my toe. Not even two minutes later my toe is black and blue and starting to swell. Not enough pain to cry, but enough to want to use some choice words up and down. I held my tongue because Ayden was in the room. I can still move the toe (does that mean it's not broken?) but it hurts mighty bad when I walk on it. And talk about great timing too, right? Going to Six Flags on Saturday and will be walking most of the day. At least it was my left foot and won't interfere with driving.

The storms that were called for today pretty much passed us by. They got hit north and south of us, but we only got a little bit of rain, lightening, and thunder. At Jay's work, a couple of miles away he said they had torrential down pours, quarter size hail and lots of lightening and thunder. He luckily got off work early again today which was nice, but once again spent the afternoon on his computer. But like yesterday I didn't much mind because after my toe incident all I wanted to do was lie down and take a nap. Just so happened Ayden was napping at this time as well. So it was nice that Jay got home early, but also kind of a bummer because that is less money coming in, and well we aren't exactly flowing over in that department right now. The weather people are calling for more storms tomorrow as well so we will see if gets off early then too.

Our afternoon was kind of blah. Ayden and I napped from 2-4pm and then we went grocery shopping. Got home and made some supper, gave Ayden a quick wash off because he didn't want to take a bath tonight, and then played some Uno Spin with him and Jay. Oh, I replenished Ayden's prize bag today with some stuff from Target. Everything that I got was $1/piece and it's all educational stuff so I was happy with that. Ayden won't even noticed. He reached his sticker goal today and earned a prize and he chose the dinosaur flash cards. Funny thing is that he knows most of them already. Doesn't quite know the whole alphabet (we are still working on a few letters, I know I know, he's almost 4) but he can tell the difference between a Stegasaurous and a Kentrosaurous and that is pretty good because they look very similiar. He also know the difference between a T-Rex and Allosaurous which also are very close looking. Boys and their dinosaurs, lol.

Tomorrow is the last day of work for the week and then it's relaxing on Friday before fun times on Saturday! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: