Thursday, July 10, 2008

Always Changing...

Hi there Jackeroo! It's 'water day' at Ayden's daycare today and I remembered to bring his swim stuff along. They just get out a bunch of waiting (right word?) pools and fill them up and then let the kids play in them. I love Ayden's daycare just for the outside playground. It's mega huge and filled with tons of stuff for the kids to play on. The inside may not be as super huge as some other daycares (personally I think the campus rooms are even smaller, and their outside playground is about a third of the size of Ayden's, glad he didn't end up going there), but the inside rooms at Ayden's daycare are suffice and it's not the size that matters, the quality. And I can tell Ayden loves it there, so I have no qualms.

My sister says that maybe I wouldn't be so happy if I knew what actually went on during the day there. She works at a daycare and has behind the scenes experience. Now, she wasn't saying that they treat the kids bad or anything, but I do get what she's saying. The teachers put on a good front when the parents are around, but even so, I really like the teachers that Ayden has had. They are all very personable and I like that. I do know that I didn't much care for Ayden's first daycare, especially when he was a baby. They seemed to have a set way of doing things and I didn't think it was right for Ayden's schedule. Maybe me being the over protective parent, but I don't know. For example, when he was eating baby food (btw, I worked three days a week and was home the other two with him), when I was home with him, it was bottle right after he woke up, morning cereal/fruit a little later, morning nap, wake up another bottle, little later baby food (lunch), nap time, wake up, bottle... etc... maybe other parents do it differently. But at his daycare they would feed him his baby food and then give him a full bottle right after that. Well what did he do, threw up the bottle most times. Is that how all daycares do it? I don't know... but hmm, you wonder why he's throwing up? He just filled his stomach with baby food, where is the room for the bottle? Am I totally insane here? I was glad when he was done with the whole baby food thing and moved onto solids so we didn't have that problem anymore. I tried to explain it to them, but didn't work.

Anywhoo, the point is, I love his current daycare! And now he's old enough to tell me anything he doesn't like as well and well, he hasn't done that yet so I'm not worried. He doesn't cry or scream when I drop him off so that must mean they are doing something right. And he loves his friends!

I'm going to a friend's house tonight to study for the GRE. Who knows if we will actually get any studying done, but I don't really care. It will be nice to just get out of the house for a bit and have other adult contact. You need that every once in a while and I haven't seen any of my friends from school since it got over in May... but next weekend we are going to Six Flags and I am super excited about that! That will be really nice, as long as it is good weather. No rain and not too hot!

Like, I don't mind going home on the weekends, but it just seems that I have to watch Ayden all that much closer. I don't know why, but at our house he knows what he can and cannot do (both physically and rules wise) where as at other places he doesn't and I need to watch him a little more closely. I know that Jay's parents don't mind keeping an eye on him as well or where ever we happen to be, but its not their responsibility and I don't want to expect other people to have to do it. You know? So when we stay in Point it's more relaxing, first we aren't running all over the place and secondly, we have all of Ayden's toys and stuff here. Plus, usually we can get him to take a nap on the weekends in Point so I get some free time where as at home he hardly ever takes an afternoon nap. Not that he really needs them anymore.

I think Jay and I are over our argument from last night. But in our case it's a lingering thing that only goes away for a short while. It will be back, give it some time. Jay asked what I would do if he gave me an ultimatum last night... him or one of my best friends. How do you chosse between a choice like that? To get him off my case at that point in time I told him that of course I would pick him, but honestly, do I really think that? I don't know... One would think that it would be an easy answer, easy pick, but it's not so easy. Okay, I'm going to stop with this subject now. It's only putting me into a downer mood.

I watched Baby Borrowers again last night and once again it was pretty funny. You already know my opinion on that whole show.


If you haven't already noticed (and if seriously that is the case then you are totally unaware of your surroundings, lol) I've changed my blog yet again. I'm a creature of change and get bored very easily with things. Well, that and I like looking for new things. I came upon a site that had some cool blog templates and tried one out. And the really neat thing was that I didn't have to add all of my elements back on, they just transferred over themselves. Sweet! I also was working with this scrapbooking program that I have and made a new header, although it doesn't quite 'fit' in the box and being the perfectionist that I am, that kind of bugs me (because I got the last one to fit pretty nice) but I don't know what else to do to get it to fit decent so it will just have to stay the way that it is for now. So about that scrapbooking program that I have... I've had it for a while now and do pages here and there when I get some time and/or ambition. Usually I will go through a phase of making a couple of pages and then not touch it for a few weeks. Kind of like my reading books. Tonight I was making some pages and well this program makes my computer run super slow (I would love a new computer, mine is almost five years old and in computer terms, that is old, but probably won't get a new one for a year or two yet because we are too poor to be able to afford one, ugh). Anyways... I had been working on one page for about a half hour, going with the whole perfectionist thing, I monkey around with a lot of different things and because my computer runs slow it takes awhile and I get the page almost done and the program shuts down on me. And me being me hadn't saved the page yet. A half hour down the drain thank you very much. I was kinda bummed, but nothing I can do about it. Apparently something was 'right' with the page, lol. I will try again tomorrow.

This afternoon was kind of lax. I took a bag of Ayden's clothes that no longer fit to a consignment store called Other Mothers and him and I looked around in there for a while. We didn't find anything that I felt we needed to buy and headed off to another consignment store, Nice As New (consignment for everything and not just baby/maternity like Other Mothers). I am looking for a used VSmile Pocket. It's what I'm getting for Ayden for his birthday and would much rather find a used one than pay for a new one because they are kind of pricey, so if I get a used one we can get him more for his birthday. I'm sure if I scoured the rummage sales I could find one, but I'm not that ambitious. I could go tomorrow, but it's supposed to be super hot and humid. Might just have to relax in the air for the day and go to the pool. Don't know yet. In any case, Nice As New didn't have one, but found a race car thing for Ayden for cheap and it was in good condition as I got it for him.

He didn't take a nap today, but he 'rested' in his room and wasn't crabby at all so that was good. I can deal with that. Don't know if he will take one tomorrow either if we go swimming in the afternoon, maybe a really late 'rest'.

My study session was cancelled tonight because only me and one other girl could make it and she got into a minor car accident this morning and just wanted to chill tonight. I was totally fine with that because I can understand how she feels. Car accidents are definitely no fun and make you really want to do nothing for the rest of the day. I haven't talked to her about it so I don't know how bad it was. Well, no injuries I know, but car damage wise.

Okay, sleeping yet? CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: