Thursday, July 17, 2008

Extracurriculars?

'Go for long walks, indulge in hot baths. Question your assumptions, be kind to yourself, live for the moment, lossen up, scream, curse the world, count your blessings, just let go, just be.'

Couldn't have said it better myself... nothing more to really say about this one than 'just be!' Sometimes we have to let go and just be and realize we cannot control everything, we DO NOT control everything... it's out of our hands. JUST BE! And smile!

Hey Jack- Six Flags details are slowly getting worked out. YEAH! But the forecast is looking more and more bleak for the day. I keeping my hopes high though! Was able to get a hold of the two other friends accompanying us on the trip. Both had been out of town for the past couple of days so that explains it. Need to take a bit of a detour though on the trip down there and probably on the way back as well, as one of my friends is dropping off her daughter by her parents (her husband has to work on Saturday), and they are going to babysit. She is driving to set location with her daughter and then we are going to meet up with her. I personally think it would be cheaper for her and her daughter to ride with us to set location, but oh well. That way she wouldn't have to pay for her gas on the way there and just chip in with whatever we have to pay. I don't know.

My toe is feeling better today. Still rather black and blue and a bit swollen, but I can walk on a little easier. Good thing for this weekend. Oh, another bummer though... I was under the impression that Six Flags tickets were only $40. Don't know how or why I thought that, but I checked the website today and said price for adults is $54.99! Was it really that high two years ago? I can't remember, but we still have the $20 off coupons which get us in for $34.99, the kids price. So instead of the original $40 that I thought I would end up spending that day, I will probably end up spending about $60 or a little more. Ugh, I hate money, but oh well. Jay and I decided that we will have to tap into our little reserve despite not wanting to. We may be able to get through the summer without having to tap into if we save and scrimp on EVERY LITTLE THING, but what's life without something extra every once in a while. And we would be especially tight since we are going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next few weeks. But we shouldn't have to dip in too far which is good.

I'm not a self proclaimed spender/buyer, but I do sometimes get things I don't NEED. I like to get little things for Ayden here and there. I'm a mom and although I don't give into his every wish/want/gimmie, sometimes he deserves a little treat. Sometimes though, his little treats that he wants are just too expensive and he has to deal with a 40 cent candy bar at the check out. Lol. Why do we have to live in such a materialistic society? I honestly hate it! Why do there have to be social classes and people who thing they are better than everyone else? What happened to treating everyone fairly and equally? Yeah right, did we ever really have that?

Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, stereotypes and prejudices do exsist. We recieve food stamps and day care assistance, but does that automatically classify us as unemployed lazy slobs who take advantage of the system? I sure hope not because both Jay and I are employed, getting college degrees, and trying to do the best for our son. But some people can't look past the fact that we are recieving assistance. Okay, enough of that...


Onto the title of this post, when is the right time to start extracurriculars with children? At what age? How do you know if your child is ready or not? You see, I am considering enrolling Ayden in t-ball or soccer at the Y in the fall. It's about the same price as swimming lessons, and well I think we are getting enough swimming in this summer the way it is. But I don't know if he will be too shy and not want to do anything or if he would really like it. I think he would, if he could get over his shyness. The thing is, I don't know if he would like t-ball or soccer better. He knows what baseball is and kind of what soccer is. Maybe I will talk to the people at the Y and see what they would suggest. I'm not all in it for the competition, mostly for getting out of the house and expending some of his energy. It would be nice if they had a session in the summer (well for all I know, they might, but the next one is in the fall).

Well, I'm getting kind of perturbed with this whole situtation with my friend. All I'm looking for is an apology, I mean, what she did was kind of rude. A simple apology and not doing it again would fix everything. Am I making too much out of this? Isn't what she was doing considered rude? But this none apologizing thing makes me think that she doesn't care and doesn't see that she was in the wrong. What kind of friend does that make her? ARGH! As much as it bugs me... she is after all my best friend (or so I thought), I'm not going to expend any effort towards the situation right now. I'm not apologizing for anything nor taking back what I said because it will only allow her to continue treating me (and others) that way. This just in... proper phone ettecuite (sp?)... listen to who is talking to you and don't text someone else at the same time, we were on the PHONE not INSTANT MESSANGER!!! Whatever though! Needed that little vent...

Work went well today, as did this afternoon at home. Ayden took a nap today which was nice and I worked on some scrapbooking stuff. For some reason my program was moving a little faster today than normal which made me happy. We had some rain, but no severe weather and Jay did not get off work early. More money though, as I explained earlier.

I think some chocolate marshmellow ice cream is calling my name tonight, sounds yummy!

CIAO! LOVE ME!
ME (my signature isn't working tonight)

0 comments: