Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Monotomy...

Jackers... today was pretty much like any other Monday, except it was so scorching humid and hot outside today. So hot that Ayden and I went to the public pool this afternoon after I picked him up from daycare. Even though we weren't allowed to bring tubes along this time, Ayden was able to touch in the very shallow end of the pool and not go under. That helped a lot because he didn't have to be constantly clutched onto me. We even practice jumping in, but he wasn't too keen on doing it by himself. He always wanted to hold onto my hands. I was fine with that. I had to keep telling him to put his feet down when he jumped in though so he wouldn't go under. He was getting the hang of it. We stayed for about an hour and then headed home.

At home Ayden had a bit of a rest time watching a movie. I didn't think he would take a nap which was fine with me so long as he rested which he did. I talked on the phone to Niki for a while, but got kind of irked when she started texting while we were talking. There's nothing like being able to hear someone hitting the buttons and then stop talking to you all together so they can get their text typed. Seriously, kind of rude. Oh well...

I went to the doctor today to get my titers, tetnus shot, and TB test done for practicum this fall. Got poked three times with a needles... not so much fun, but I survived. Although, my arm hurts pretty bad already from the tetnus shot. Hopefully it goes away in a few days. I have to go back on Wednesday to see how the TB test reads, but I'm not too worried. Don't really think I have tuberculuous (sp?) but I guess you never know.

We went to Alltel tonight to see if they could do anything about Jay's phone because it has been acting up lately. We can renew our contract and get new phones at the earliest on August 30th, but we thought maybe since it was kind of close to that date we could get a new phone for Jay at least without having to submit an insurance claim and paying the $50 deductible, but the earliest earliest they said they could do it was 107 days before our contract runs up. So they gave us an extra 17 days, but that still is about a month and a half away from now. Jay said he would just try and deal with his phone until then and not waste the money right now. It's been dropping calls lately and acting up the past couple of days. We will see how it goes I guess...

We also went to Walmart and did a bit of grocery shopping and then came home. Right now we are watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We DVR'd it the other night and didn't get to watch it then. I am missing Jon and Kate Plus 8, but I know they will replay the episode at a different time so I'm not too worried. All is well...

If the weather is good we might go to the pool tomorrow night as well. I found out that on Saturdays from 10am until noon it is free so that just might come in handy.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: