Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kind of a SSLLOOWW Week

'Nothing is too small to know, and nothing too big to attempt.'

I kind of like this quote. When you think you can't, believe that you can! Nothing is beyond reach as long as you BELIEVE!

Started Thursday... finished Friday...
Jackeres... There's a first time for everything, but not today... almost bounced a check. I think I may have a few years ago when still living at home, but never with USBank, and it's a good thing because they charge about $20 or $30 for a bounced check. So, it was a good thing when I checked my bank account today and realized that I need to transfer a bit of money. It wasn't anything major, but it showed that I wasn't on top of things like I usually am. I admit that I don't balance my check book on a daily or even a weekly basis, but I do go through them and compare them to the online statements and make sure that they clear. I have been on top of this very good lately because of our shortage of money. I was always making sure that we had enough for our bills. And we do, but apparently one check got overlooked and I didn't make sure it was counted the last time I got online. But in any case, I got online today and all is good because the check wasn't cashed yet so problems are okay. Well, even if the check would have been cashed, I would still have money, it would have been the following two checks that I sent out on Tuesday that would have bounced, and since today is only Thursday, odds are the companies are first getting the checks today and will probably cash them today or soon. All is good!

I had another weird dream last night. It involved needing to build something and the directions were not clear enough and I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. I think I was in some sort of contest as well and Jay was with me. He kept asking me what to do next and I couldn't tell him because I didn't know. Stupid directions and building things, lol!

Tomorrow afternoon I get to babysit one of Jay's cousins for a little while. Jay, Steven, and his cousin and her husband are going golfing at Sentry. Jay is really excited because Sentry has an awesome golf course, but it is super expensive to golf there and his cousin has a coupon or gift certificate. Something along the lines of making it cheaper to golf and they have been trying to plan this since last year. Last summer it didn't work out, so they managed to fit it in this summer. However, the weather men are calling for a 50% chance of rain/storms tomorrow afternoon into early evening. Well they aren't going golfing until 4ish so that is like prime rain time. I really hope that it doesn't rain or storm on them because they have been waiting to do this for such a long time now. And I can't wait to babysit. Well, it's not so much 'baby' sit as the little girl is almost one, but it has been so long since I have been with little ones that I can't wait. I love it when they are little, however am glad that Ayden isn't that small anymore. I don't miss the diapers, bottles, etc... but I do miss the tinyness and rocking to sleep. Ayden does give me cuddles here and there, but it is never for very long. Is he already starting the 'I'm embarrased by my mom' thing? Lol... I CAN definitely wait for the day when he tells me, 'Mom, you can drop me off at the corner and I can walk the rest of the way.' And that will be the day that I drive him all the way to the front of school and give him the biggest smooch and squeeze (our household terms for kiss and hug) that any mom can give. LOL! Okay, probably not because then I would probably be getting the silent treatment for the next day and a half. But it was a funny thought. Oh how I wish that day never comes!


Friday now, last night me, Leah, and Ciera ended up getting together at Ciera's to study some. And guess what, we actually did some studying. It got me more motivated to study farther. Yeah! Leah is supposed to be taking the GRE next Friday, but she is thinking about cancelling it, which would cost her about $50 and rescheduling for later. Now I'm not sure if she would get refuned the orginal $140, but I would imagine so. I don't know what she is going to do. Whatever it is, as long as it is best for her. We also had a fun time chatting it up for a while. We only stayed for about 2 hours because Leah had to get back to her sister's, but after two hours of studying we were pretty much ready to call it a night.

As I stated earlier, Jay is supposed to be going golfing later today, but that might not happen. The weather is looking kind of iffy and I don't know if they will end up going if it gets bad. He has been keeping an eye on it to let his cousin know if she should come up or not. He just left a few minutes ago to go practice his swing at the driving range. It's kind of cloudy and drizzly out right now. Overall just one of those kind of days I think.

Jay and I slept in until 9am this morning. Something that doesn't happen very often. We often get up with Ayden around 7 or 8am and then lounge on the couch for a few hours, but to be able to sleep in our bed without interuptions until 9am... better cherish it! Lol, but I am really starting to miss Ayden. When I called my dad last night he said that Ayden was doing fine and having lots of fun. Sleeping good, going potty good, not missing mommy and daddy good. He didn't even want to talk to me on the phone. Kinda sad about that, but I figure it's better that he is having fun and not realizing that I'm not there than crying about wanting to come home. I think I might have mentioned that my brother and sister are also at my dad's house this week so he has them to keep him company too. I know that having my sister there must help a little as well. Ayden knows my dad, but is definitely not as close to him as he is with Emily.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: