Monday, July 28, 2008

Toy Box

'I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet.'

Okay, so I don't diet... sometimes I try, but I've never been on a specific diet, just the whole I'm going to cut back and/or eat healthier, but it never lasts. I weigh more than I would like right now, but it's not enough to get me to do something drastic about it. I still fit pretty good into most of my clothes. I admit, I have a pair of 'skinny' jeans hanging in my closet that I would love to fit into again. I think I've worn them maybe three times. I bought them after Ayden was born, for some reason a few months after he was born I got back to being pretty skinny again (not even trying) and bought these jeans. They fit like a glove, but not for long and since then, well yeah... you get the point. Until I get any ambition or win a bazillion dollars to afford a gym membership I'm content at just admiring them. At least they didn't cost a lot of money... a Gordman's steal! Anyways, way off on a tangent here... just thought the quote was funny and Monday's need a bit of funny in them!

Hey Jack! You know, this not being home on the weekend stuff really puts me behind on my blogging, but that's okay I guess. Just gives me more to write about when I have the time. So, I think I left off on Friday, right? Pretty sure... Jay and his cousin's and brother did end up going golfing which was a good thing. I got to babysit little Ayla. She was so good! Because she is nearing one I didn't know how she would be with the whole stranger thing, but she didn't cry at all, not one little tear the whole four hours that I watched her. We had fun chasing the cat, tipping block towers over, learning to accersorize (lol, yes I was totally teaching her that already, she loved trying on my rings!), and NOT eating her peas for supper. Mommy said she really loved them, but you could have fooled me. She was more interested in the grahman cracker and would smile everytime she took a bite. Too bad Ayden wasn't there because I know that he would have had fun trying to entertain her and would have wanted to help feed her.

Jay said that he did pretty bad golfing, but I know that he enjoyed it none the less. Steven spent the night with us seeing we were coming home on Saturday anyways. That way Jenny and Jerad didn't have to run him all the way home and then back to Neenah or Menasha where they live. Don't know which town it is exactly, although they are in pretty close proximity to each other. I felt kind of bad though because we didn't have a lot to do at our house that I thought Steven might enjoy. Jay kind of taught him how to play WOW and they both played Play Station for a while. I worked on a shirt that I am making for Ayden's birthday party. The shirt turned out super awesome, at least so far. I am debating if I want to decorate it a little more or not. The sayings turned out good and I'm afraid if I add anything else to it I might take away from the words, but I'm also afraid that if I don't, it will look to plain. Ah, the decisions, lol!

I also finished my powerpoint for Ayden's party! I then tried working on getting it to a DVD to play on the TV, but so such luck yet. I found a program that said would work for me, but it wasn't and I was kind of upset about it because I spent $10 on miniDVDs that said would work, but my computer won't read them. And we really don't need them for anything else. Maybe I will see if someone else can use them. I am still not resigned to giving up trying to get it to work on a TV, but if it doesn't then I guess it will be okay too. I have a few more things I want to try before giving up though. But in any case, the music works with it and the timing and everything are perfect! I cannot wait for everyone to see it!

On Saturday on our way to Chilton we stopped at Walmart and got Ayden's birthday present and some cat litter. We stopped at the one in Neenah because my mom said they had the big bags of cat litter and it was on sale and for some reason our Walmart didn't even have any small bags. So we got two big bags and that should last us for quite a while. The one thing I hate about having a cat is the whole cat litter thing. I like our new cat litter, this Feline Pines stuff because you cannot smell the urine which is sometimes pretty potent, but the BAD thing is that you can smell the doo-doo throughout the whole apartment when he goes. Thus, it needs to be cleaned ASAP as soon as he has done is business. Jay claims he can't smell it, but either he is lieing or has a really bad nose because it's disgusting!!! And well it's Jay's job to clean the litter box, however I do end up doing it probably at least once a week. UGH, I don't like it. It's hard to believe that we've had Diesel for over a year now! Too much time to get rid of him and have Ayden not remember. I don't think Ayden remembers that we had a cat before Diesel for about two weeks.

Okay, back to shopping trip. Btw, we spent SO much money this weekend, and it wasn't even splurge stuff. Okay, maybe we didn't need the $30 helium balloon kit for Ayden's party, but Jay wanted it and I liked seeing him get excited over stuff like that. We also stopped at the party store and got some decorations for the party as well. A few dinosaur things, but they were all out of the big dino balloon that I wanted to get. Prolly a good thing because it was $9! Ayden deserved it though, lol... well he would have if they would have had it in. After shopping we went to a surprise birthday party for three of Jay's cousins and I think it was actually a surprise to one of them. The other two had some what of an inkling, but weren't sure on anything. Lots of people came. Tons and tons of kids. Had we had to bring Ayden I am sure that he would have had a great time. Speaking of that, I really wanted to go see Ayden sometime on Saturday, but I decided against it because I didn't want him to pitch a fit when I had to leave without him. My sister called on Friday night saying that he had a bit of a fever and threw up while they were out. I told my dad that he could give him some medicine if the fever deemed it and I think he did end up giving him some. Ayden threw up twice more at about 3 and 4am, but was completely fine on Saturday and Sunday. One of those little flu things I guess. Alexis didn't get it. I blame Emily on giving it to him because she wasn't feeling very good Wednesday night, even though she said she didn't go by the kids. I didn't care though, he survived and better there than at our house.

We didn't stay at the party late because we had plans to go to bed early Saturday night because we had to get up at 3am to go fishing on Sunday morning. However, I forgot my rain maker noise thingy at home and thus couldn't fall asleep very fast. I am so accustomed to background noise that when it was completely silent I couldn't stand it. I ended up sleep on the futon and Jay in his bed and I think I fell asleep sometime after 10pm. 3am is definitely too early to be getting up and I don't think I've voluntarily gotten up at 3am or early since we went to Punta Cana with my dad. But I really wanted to go fishing so I got up.

We got out on the boat by about 5am. The boats name was the Toy Box! Thought that was a pretty cute name. The lake was by no means like glass, but it wasn't super wavy either. I didn't get sea sick either, yeah! But, the fishing was kind of a bummer. I couldn't believe how many lines Roger had out. I think 13 fishing poles and like 15 lines! And we didn't catch a single fish or have a single bite for the first three hours. We weren't the only one though, according to some other fishermen the fishing was going pretty slow for everyone. We ended up with four fish, of which I didn't reel any in. Jay did two and Steven did two. I did have one, apparently a pretty decent sized rainbow trout, but it got off the hook when it was almost in. I reeled it about halfway in before I could no longer do it and then handed the pole off to Jay. Somehow the fish got wrapped into another line so Jay and Steven were both reeling it in. They got it pretty close to the boat and it looked pretty dead, and all of a sudden the hook came out/off. We high tailed it around as fast as we could with all the lines we had out to go back for it, but then it disappeared. According to Jay and Rog, it was a nice size one that probably could have won a tournament, had their been one. Doesn't make me feel bad that I couldn't get it all the way in then because it was a pretty big thing and well I have absolutely no muscles. Lol, but all in all, it was a fun trip. LONG, we were out from about 5am until almost noon. I definitely got some sun on my face, but I had a sweatshirt and jeans on the whole time.

After the fishing trip we went to my dad's to get Ayden. He was just as excited to see us as we were to see him. We visited with my dad for a while before we left. It was kind of nice and I know that he enjoyed having Ayden for the week. A quick trip to pick up our things at Gerald and Michele's and then off to Point. I drove Jay's truck home because he was so tired. I don't often drive it, especially long distances like that, but I was okay with it. That way I didn't have to freak the whole time on the way back because of his driving, lol! Although the traffic was pretty light so that was good. When we got home it was about 6pm and then everyone pretty much crashed. Ayden fell asleep about half way home (he didn't have a nap yesterday) and I tried to wake him up when we got home, but he didn't want to so we just put him in bed. I didn't think he would sleep until 7am this morning, but he did. Actually, he woke up around 8pm and said he wanted to sleep on the futon in the living room so Jay and I moved him there and that is where he slept for the rest of the night. I don't know why he wanted to sleep there, but I didn't care, as long as it doesn't become a nightly thing. He deserves a treat like that every now and then. He is currently in his room 'resting', may or may not take a nap today, but I don't really care. I'm just happy to have him home.

Next week is Gerald and Michele's week to have him and as much as I enjoyed my free time last week, I am seriously probably going to go crazy without him. I know the grandparents love their time with him and that's how I justify it. Plus, Ayden loves being with them as well. As I'm sure he can get away with just a little bit more than he can while he is at home with us. Lol. At least they will be coming up by us on Thursday to go camping near Lake Emily, which is pretty near Point. Then I can go see him after only four days instead of five. Plus I take the GRE next week and will be really greatful for the extra alone time to study. Which by the way I have already set aside alotted time for the next two weeks to do. I'm going to try and do two hours a day of studying/practice tests to get on my game. I even took my books back to the library early so I wouldn't spend my time reading them. Even the one that I was already halfway through and would really liked to have finished. I will check it out again after my test though and finish it... it was getting pretty good.

Later today... this afternoon went pretty good. Ayden did not take a nap, but he's been very well behaved. I did get quite a bit of studying done, YEAH ME! However, I just get more and more depressed about this impending test because of the answers that I continue to get wrong. I thought this study guide was supposed to increase my score. Maybe I need to work a little harder, who knows? Lol! Ayden needs to take a bath tonight and I will probably study more. John and Kate Plus 8 is on, but only a half hour new show. Laundry needs to get done sometime this week, but it will not be tonight. I'm thinking Wednesday night is the time for that. Always putting it off. I made spaghetti for supper tonight and it turned out pretty good. I haven't cooked a decent meal in a while. Ayden was so excited to hear that we were having spaghetti because it is his favorite! But he told me he likes daycare's better, but then he said that he likes mine too. Made me feel a little better. Right now Jay and Ayden are playing with Ayden's machinery. I like that Ayden is getting older and now Jay can relate to him more.

A few pictures... hope you enjoy!

Me struggling to reel in my fish, which eventually got away in the end!
Jay holding up his fish!
Jay, me and Steven standing by our fish, even though I didn't reel any of these ones in.
Ayden and me at the swimming pool!
My girls (minus Robin) at Six Flags... Leah, Ciera, and Kristi!
Ayla giving me a smile while eating!
Me lounging at the top of the boat waiting for the fish to bite!
View from top of the boat... you can see five poles out and this is only one side of the boat.

Gonna get in a bit of 'relaxation' time before I hit the books again, and not the enjoyable reading ones that I took back to the library today either. :(
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: