Wednesday, July 30, 2008

All Consuming GRE! :(

Jack- For some reason yesterday I was just really tired and didn't feel like doing a whole lot. As you could probably tell from my post because it was fairly short compared to normal. I took a nice long nap with Ayden yesterday and I think it only made me more tired. But it was nice to lay down. I had orginally planned on using that time for studying, but I could hardly keep my eyes open. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen again today.

My mood lately hasn't been all that peppy either. And I'm thinking it's because of this whole GRE thing. I know it's been a constant source of gripe for me these past couple of days, but I'm seriously worried about this test. Will it just be $140 down the drain or can I pull of a good enough score to get into grad school. This is infantesimally (sp?) worse than the ACTs! I keep doing more and more practice questions and after a while last night I was getting a little higher scores. I've been primarily concentrating on the math right now. I thougth that was going to be an easy go for me because I'm okay in math, but apparently not as good as I need to be. The more I worked on it last night, the easier it became. Okay, that's a step in the right direction. But now what about the verbal and writing section? I think I can do okay on the fill in the blank and reading comprehension because I've been doing okay on those. It's the analogies and antonyms that I'm worried about because half the words I don't even know! Actually it is probably more than half. So today's concentration is going to be on vocab words. Wish me luck! I know, I just have to believe in myself and it will make things better. Okay, just keep telling yourself that Ashley! I CAN DO THIS, I WILL DO THIS, I WILL SUCCEED! I WILL GET INTO GRAD SCHOOL! How's that for positive thinking?!

We did a bit of grocery shopping last night and Jay was going to make our salmon for supper, but he neglected to see that he needed to marinate the fish for an hour before cooking it and we didn't get home until after 5:30 so we decided to save the fish for tonight and just had pizza last night. I hope the fish turns out good. I've never had salmon before so I'm curious to see what it will taste like. Ayden was very well behaved last night. While we were at the store, he was kind of anxious to get done. Mostly he wanted to go do the prize game. And wouldn't you know it, Jay won him a monkey. I was surprised... but this morning Ayden told me that he wanted to give the monkey to someone else because he didn't like it anymore. Okay, whatever you say little dude.

As Ayden and I were leaving daycare yesterday he took a bit of a tumble. Actually, it was more of a bit, he fell down the stairs. Luckily it was only about 7 stairs and he ended up fine, but sent a shock through me and the three teachers upstairs. No tears and it was as if it didn't even happen once we got into the car. What a kid, I tell ya. Thank goodness he was okay though, it looked like it kind of hurt. Not even a bruise! Tomorrow is water day and Ayden keeps telling me that we cannot forget his stuff (I did one time). He's excited! We actually haven't been to the pool in about two weeks now. Crazy, I know! And we probably won't be going for another two weeks. Today is not supposed to be all that hot and tomorrow we are leaving to go home. And after that Ayden won't be back in Point until next Sunday for his b-day party. Luckily, I will be able to see him before then, he just won't be at our house. He will be camping with Grandma and Grandpa.

Okay, so I am at work and have just been delegated a new task. Faxing out press releases... okay fine with me, except, I just tried three faxes with three different numbers and none of them worked! I got busy/no response answers for all of them and I followed the fax directions as written! Argh, I will try again in a little while, but seriously, it should have worked. I haven't faxed a whole lot, but usually when I do it works. I don't know what to do. Well okay, I can ask for help and that is what I will end up doing if the next time they don't go through. It's nothing imperative, but it should go out today. Speaking of work, it's been going pretty good these last few days, but today and tomorrow are going to be kind of slow. My boss is on vacation and she left me a few things to do, but nothing that will keep me busy for a super long time. I'm okay with that, but like I said, I would rather have something to do. The only upside is that I can leave a little earlier to get more studying done.

On kind of a sour note, I still haven't talked to my best friend. And she still hasn't talked to me. I don't really want it to continue like this, but should I give in. Wouldn't that make it seem like I was in the wrong? Was I in the wrong? Or should I wait a few more weeks and see how things go. In the last year or so we really haven't gone more than a week or two at the most without talking and that was probably because of just being busy. We used to go a month or more without talking after I moved to Point, but it wasn't because we were 'fighting' but just because our paths didn't cross. We weren't any less close because of it, it just meant we had more to catch up on the next time we talked. Blogger buddies (if I in fact do have any) any suggestions? If I should talk to her, how do I approach what she kept doing to me? I don't want to act like it didn't happen for fear of starting up again and it was kind of rude. This is in no way the same as putting someone on hold to answer another call. That I'm okay with, but then you usually get off the line with one of the two people. Texting while talking is completely different! It's the same as IMing on the computer and talking on the phone, another thing I don't like, but have been lucky enough to not have to deal with in the recent months. No wonder our elders say that we are getting ruder and ruder, it's true. Lol, but enough about that stuff. Like I said a few posts ago, I think, this whole situation kind of depresses me. I don't like dwelling on it too long.

I'm thinking about taking a semi 'trip' next Friday afternoon to go and visit Lee. It's been about a year since our last visit, I can't believe it's been that long, but Jay is not so high up on the whole idea. I don't need his permission to go, but I don't want to go with him totally hating me for it and it to cause a fight. He seemed half way okay with the idea last week, but I never did completely make up my mind on the whole thing either.

This just in... FAX SENT! Yes, I did get it to work, simply needed to add a 1 before the area code! Must have been implied because the directions do not state that. But they went through! Yeah for me! Lol, I know getting excited over the littlest things.

A bit of a credit scare the other day. We recieved a bill in the mail for one of Jay's credit cards. This being a credit card with a $0 balance on and which we haven't used in over a year. I know, probably should have cancelled it, but had it around for a just in case thing. Well, got a bill for $11 that was an international purchase. Uh-oh!!! Credit card fraud! Immediately contacted the credit card company and cancelled the card. They did not make us pay the balance, well why would they, it wasn't our purchase and explained how people will charge little amounts at first and see what happens and if nothing happens, charge bigger things later on. It's a good thing we caught it and cancelled the card right away.


Afternoon now... decided to let Ayden stay up today and not even take a 'rest'. After we got home from daycare we made a countdown calendar to his birthday party. That was a lot of fun. He also has been helping me with the laundry. Fourth load started, one more to go. I don't remember doing any laundry last week, so that would explain why there is so much this week, and my dad even washed Ayden's clothes from his visit so I didn't even have to do those. That would have probably added another load. Currently Ayden is supposed to be laying down on the couch for a little while, but since he was being so good and helpful I told him that he could get up and play. He is playing and watching Lilo and Stitch. He knows that he needs to be a good boy tonight though or its an early bed time.

I need to pack tomorrow for our venture home. My sister is having a purse party tomorrow night, might have mentioned that before... and I am super excited. I have never been to one before and I hope to find a purse that fits my needs that isn't too expensive. Since I have to bring Ayden along I told him that he could help me pick one out. I need more of a 'mommy bag' than a purse. I take so much stuff along with me the way it is my purse right now is just not big enough. You know all that good stuff you need for kids, but don't exactly need a diaper bag. Yeah, that's what I need. Speaking of packing for tomorrow, I haven't even unpacked Ayden's bag from my dad's yet. Our apartment definitely looks lived in again with Ayden home. I like it like that... toys everywhere, shoes not put away, kitchen a mess, etc... even though I am a neat freak by heart, the lived in look makes it feel more like a home.

I recieved some advice from a friend today on the issue I am currently dealing with my other friend. They stated that maybe I need to be a little more assertive and let her know how I am feeling. Well didn't I already do that already? And what did I recieve in return, nada! They also said that because we've been friends for so long it would be kind of stupid to let something little like this come between us and tear us apart. I agree... but also admit that I know I am being childish about this whole thing as well. Another thing that they said was that maybe my blogging about it is a way to let her know how I feel without actually telling her (but that is assuming she reads this and I honestly don't know) but in all reality, that is not the case. Sure, at times I write as if someone is actually reading this, but a lot of times I don't even think about that aspect and just pour my heart out. As I stated when I started this blog, it's more of a way for me to just vent than for other people to know about my life. The upside is that people can read and get to know more about me and my daily trials and tribulations. Is that good? Maybe, maybe not. I do censor certain things, but most of the time not, as you can probably tell.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: