Monday, July 21, 2008

And $800 Later...

'Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always.'

No comments on this one really, just thought it was nice!

Jack... Today was a good start to the week for the most part. This morning Jay ended up taking his vehicle in. Yesterday while we were driving we started to hear Jay's brakes grind. He said that they still were working fine and we were stopping like normal, but it just didn't sound all that good. So he called the shop this morning and told them of his scenario and to see what a diagnostic would cost. They said not a whole lot and we brought the truck in. A few hours later Jay called me with the bad news saying that his brakes and roters (whatever those may be) needed replacing. He also gave me an estimate which included fixing his exhaust as well, as that has been pretty loud for the past couple of months. The price tag stung a little bit, but seeing as we had a bit of extra money set aside I said to get it all done. There is never going to be a good time to get these things fixed and I was just happy not to have to charge it. I didn't want to dip into the little money that we did have set aside, but at least we had it there. We still do have some left, in case anything else comes up, but I'm hoping that nothing does. And so, $800 later Jay's truck has new brakes, roters, and exhaust and hopefully everything will be fine for the next year, if not longer. Although, I will be needing new tires on my car within the next year because they are almost five years old.

Ayden gets to spend the week at my dad's house this week. My dad is coming to pick him up tomorrow night and Ayden will be with him until Sunday afternoon. I know I will be missing him by Wednesday afternoon, but I know that he will have a blast playing with Alexis. I love when they get to spend time together because it isn't very often. Also, my brother and sister will be at my dad's house so Ayden will get to spend lots of time with them as well. Ayden spends a lot of time with Emily when we visit usually, but not really Casey. I am going to insist that my dad takes tons and tons of pictures. I still need to pack his clothes and get a few other things ready. Ayden is really excited about it as well! I also know that my dad likes spending time with Ayden because we don't visit him as often as I would like either.

Also on Sunday morning, and by that I mean starting at like 2am, Jay and I are going to be going fishing on Lake Michigan. Well, if the weather cooperates and no one charters a fishing trip between now and then. I am really excited and hope that I can reel in a big fish. The biggest fish that I have ever brought in was some little sheephead off of Lake Winnebago and you don't even keep those. I like to fish as long as I get something and it doesn't take too long.

This afternoon we had to take back some window blinds to both Walmart and Menards. We are trying to replace the ones in our windows, but cannot find the right size. Jay is thinking they were custom cut. The string broke on the ones in our room so the blinds are stuck half way up, won't go down or up, and Ayden broke some of the blinds in his room a couple of months back. His still work so I don't think we will worry about that more until we decide to move. But it just sucks that we cannot find the size that we want. We will have to call the manager and see if they can provide us with some new ones.

I decided today that my mom can get me the two books that I really want to buy for my birthday. That way I won't have to spend the money and she will be able to give me something other than money for my birthday. I really wanted to get Breaking Dawn on the day that it came out, but if it saves me money that is good. Also, if I get it that day then I won't study for the GRE like I should be during that time. I hope to get a lot of studying done this week while Ayden is gone as well.

I started a new book by Jodi Picoult... My Sister's Keeper. It is pretty good thus far. I am about half way through it. Reading is just so nice and relaxing and it makes time fly. Something that I wish would stand still for a while here and there, but never does. Too bad, because Ayden is just growing up too fast!

I have to say that this blogging really feels kind of nice. I didn't realize how much I missed writing about my life. I am a writer, well not of stories, but I love to write letters/journal/etc... and I'd like to think that I am semi good at it. I don't know if I can say the same about essays and such forth for school, but I also try to be as eloquent as I can for those. Being in the profession that I am going into, you need to know how to write half way decent. They press that over and over again. So, I try. But really, this outlet, venting, whatever you want to call it, it's really been nice these past couple of months and I hope that I can keep up with it faithfully once school starts again. I cannot promise anything, but I think it is good for my inner self being able to get everything out that is bothering me and not being judged for it. Well maybe I'm being judge, I guess I don't know who all reads this... in any case, it's just good.

John and Kate Plus 8 is new tonight, yeah, because it seems like it's been forever since I've seen a new episode. And next week they meet the characters from Sesame Street. How cool would that be for little kids?! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: