Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Book!

Jack... another book literally and figuratively. This post will probably be pretty long because I haven't written in the past couple of days, but I also did read a whole book today. It was Sunday's at Tiffany's by James Patterson. If anyone knows his books, you know that the chapters are like two pages long. It was also only 307 pages long and thus was a fast read. I read most of it while Ayden was resting today (he's been taking less and less naps recently) and finished it while he was watching a movie this afternoon. It wasn't a normal James Patterson, but it was pretty decent. Kind of predictable, but I needed a nonesense read right now. I've really started studying for the GRE and my brain is slowly becoming fried again. I haven't had a long enough break from school yet and I already have to start using my brain again. No fun! Oh well though... studying to do good is better than using the study guide that I got as a coaster and doing bad. Lol! Besides, the study guide cost me enough so I might as well make some sort of use out of it, right?

My weekend with my mom and sister visiting was really good! The weather could have been a little warmer, but for what they were calling for, we got pretty lucky. It could have been worse so I guess that I should be thankful that we got what we did. We went to the beach with my mom on Thursday afternoon. With the water still being kind of cold neither her nor I donned our swimsuits, but Ayden sure loved it again! Lots of splashes, laughs, and sand castles!

My sister ended up getting here around 2pm on Friday. That was nice because we weren't expecting her until like 7pm that night. After Ayden's nap we got our rollerblades on and did some rollerblading. Well, I took everyone to the path I do along the river and thought that we might do a little bit of that. I knew we probably wouldn't do the whole thing as I didn't think my mom would be able to do it. Emily might have been able too, but in any case we all would have been tired at the end. As it turned out, my mom's rollerblades were so old they didn't even work. She was pretty much walking in them. She ended up taking them off and just walking with me and Emily. She pushed Ayden in the stoller. I had also brought a few pieces of bread along to feed the ducks. We didn't get too far before it started to rain on us. It wasn't a downpour or anything, more like an annoying drizzle. So we headed back to the jeep and came home. That morning before Emily got here, Ayden, mom, and I went to the park, the Children's Museum, and the library. We wanted to get it all in before the bad weather came. It didn't end up storming until around 10:30pm that night and it didn't even last that long. Kind of nice that way though. It rained for a while quite heavily, but we got the windows closed in time. Jay also found out that JT was back in Point for a few days and they ended up going golfing. Good for Jay because that way he wasn't stuck at home with three women bored and he hadn't been golfing yet this summer and I knew that he had been itching to go. I know that he would probably have taken Ayden with him as well had my mom and sister not been here.

On Saturday we spent the better part of the morning at home. We watched the movie Flubber as I waited for a friend to call. I was supposed to watch her daughter for a few hours while her and her husband finished moving a few things. I called her twice and left a message, yet she didn't call me back. I was kind of irked, but oh well. So at 11 when the movie was over we decided to hit up the trail next to the river once again, only this time with the bikes. Jay was nice enough to load them up for us and drive us there. I can't get them on or off the bike rack so he did for us. However, as we were starting our biking we noticed some bad weather rolling in. This time I brought the rest of my bagels along to feed to the ducks. They loved them! And Ayden loved feeding them. Along the way we stopped in a gazebo and talked about turning around and going back to the jeep or continuing on to the park even though we could see the rain coming.

Consensus was to bike to the park, which wasn't that much father. We got to the park and wouldn't you know that only like 60 seconds after we arrive it starts to rain. And this time it is not just an annoying drizzle, it was an all out torrential downpour! Good thing there was an area that we could stand under to keep from getting wet. Before it started to downpour though, Emily and Ayden decided to go down a slide and they both ended up with wet butts. Kind of funny... While we were waiting until the roof for the rain to stop Ayden decided that he wanted to run out into the rain and check the bikes. I didn't mind because it wasn't lightening or thundering and besides, every kid needs to run out in the rain every once in a while, right? He got soaked, but was still having fun. We all decided that even though when we got to the park it started raining, it was a good thing that we had gone because if we would have gone back to the jeep we would most definitely have gotten soaked while biking. The rain didn't last for long and we soon hopped back on the bikes and headed back towards the jeep and had Jay come get the bikes. Jay also went golfing on Saturday with JT again. JT was utterly bored because he girlfriend was at work. Once again, I think it was good for Jay because he hasn't gotten out in a while to do something he's wanted or seen JT in a while. They used to go golfing once a week last summer in a golf league. I know that Jay wishes they could do the same thing again this year, but with JT living in Minnesota that is not really possible, lol.

On Sunday we pretty much stayed in the house. It was super windy and not all the warm out. We all painted for a while and watched the third Pirates of the Carribean movie because my mom had not seen it yet. Ayden fell asleep on the couch during it and I fell asleep on and off on the floor. It was a lounging day for sure. Emily ended up leaving around 3pm. She had to work bright and early this morning and my mom left this morning. My mom was nice enough to treat us to Culvers for supper last night, ice cream included, even though we had invited her for the weekend. What a great mom! We also went to the park again for a little while yesterday. Just to get out of the house for a bit. I was really tired and all I wanted to do was lay and watch TV, but because I wanted to make the most of my mom's time here we went. It was fun too and Jay even came along. I was surprised by that and this time he was actually playing with Ayden! It was a fun time!

Ayden got his very first school supply list in the mail the other day! It is just a suggested list for 4K, but even so... that means he's really really really growing up and there isn't anything that I can do about it. And speaking of 4K, today when I dropped him off at daycare the director asked if it was okay if she moved him to the 4K room already. He wasn't supposed to move until he turned four, but I guess that one of the other boys from his room was moved and has no one to play with (well he doesn't know the kids in the 4K room very well) and asked if she could move Ayden up so the other little guy would know someone. I had no qualms with it and today was Ayden's first day in the 4K room. He told me that he had lots of fun today playing with all the new toys and new friends.

Fourth of July this weekend! Actually the 4th is on Friday, which means Jay won't have to work... which means we can go home Thursday night, stay until Saturday afternoon sometime and make it home on Saturday in time to see Point's biggest fireworks display yet! I'm excited to see it and really want Ayden to as well. He isn't scared of the loud noises or anything and already told us that we need to buy some. I'm hoping that some place will have some going on Friday night as well around home and that the weather cooperates and we can take the boat out and watch them on the lake. We've been wanting to do that for a couple of years now and either haven't been able to and/or the weather wasn't good. We might even go by my mom's house for some. I know that we did that last year. And I could really use a nice bon fire right about now seeing we haven't been to any of those this year yet.

On another good note, Jay's game playing has still been at a minimum. I think it partly has to do with the past four days we've had company, but also he's really trying to change. The only down part is the increase in his trying to get some when coming to bed early. Now not that we can't have a good sex life, I just hate fending off advances EVERY night. I'd almost rather him come to bed after I'm sleeping again. Okay maybe not, but just because you are spending time with me doesn't mean I should have to fend off advances every five minutes every night. It only leads to arguements that I never want to do anything and that he always does. Typical guy though, right? Maybe too much info, but you'll survive, right?

Honestly, I find myself somewhat censoring what I write because I know that people are reading this. But the other part of me knows that if I'm treating this like any other 'note to Jack' that I should write what I'm truly feeling. Just because people are reading this doesn't mean I should be concerned what they are thinking. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and will form one of me regardless, why should I care what they think? I should just write from the heart. But then again, I know that if I did, some things that I'm trying to deny feeling might come out and well we won't go there right now. For now... life has gotten tremedously better than it was in the past weeks and I'm grateful for that. The two most important people in my life are in the next room and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Okay, different topic, I have another book to read as well. It's by Stephen King, an old one that he wrote, but I've liked quite a few of his other books so I'm kind of looking forward to reading this one as well. It isn't super long like some of the other ones either so it should go pretty fast.

My dad was talking about taking Ayden for a few days in July which would be nice. A little break, but of course like after the second day I will be missing the kid like no other. I don't know how long he wants him for, but I know that Wendy said something about my dad having some vacation days that he needs to use up and Alexis and Ayden always have so much fun together! I know Ayden is kind of shy at first, but he warms up to my dad after a little while. I can't imagine those two together for a whole week. Little miss question asker and sassy Ayden, lol! He'd come home asking all the questions and Alexis would pick up some extra sass. I really hope that they stay close friends as they grow up. Be more like cousins than aunt and nephew. Can't wait until they actually figure that out though. Alexis will be like, you are supposed to listen to your elders, and Ayden will be like yeah, I know... I'm older than you! Too cute!

We are still doing pretty good finance wise which I'm pretty relaxed about. Of course, still not going out and spending lots of whatever we want, but not searching for coins in our couch yet either. I hate worrying about money, but like I've said before, it's what makes the world go round and unfortunately, you need at least some of it to live. And I for one don't want to live in a cardboard box by the side of the river. Do you? I think that the ducks might over take it, lol!

Ayden may possibly be getting his bigger bed this weekend. Jay first needs to see if he can borrow a trailer from work to bring it back with us. I would really like to because then I can rearrange his room and I like to do stuff like that and it will give him more room to sleep. I hope that he likes it. I've been telling him for a few weeks now that he will be getting a bigger bed. Don't know if he quite gets it. Last night he slept on the air mattress we had blown up for my sister to sleep on. I put it on the floor in his room and he said that he liked sleeping on it. But tonight he wants to sleep in his bed again. I think mostly because I told him to pick up his toys and he thought if he said he was going to sleep in his little bed that he wouldn't have to pick up his toys. Wrong again little guy! He's working on that whole picking up thing right now and then bed time!

Sleeping yet?! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: