Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baby Mama Drama

Jack...Rain rain go away, come again another day... Ashley wore flip flops to class! Okay, minor brain toot this morning. Watched the news and even took my umbrella to school with me, but did I think twice about wearing flip flops?! NO! So when my 11am class gets over and I see that it is POURING outside and realize that I have to walk all the way across campus to work I get a little glummy. You see, by the time I got to work (even with the roofs of two minor buildings that I escaped into on the way here) my feet were not only soaked, but so was the entire length of my pants almost up to my news, ON BOTH LEGS! It was a good thing that I didn't slip at all because me and flip flops that are wet and/or ground that is wet do not get along very well. But I made it here safe and sound and able to blog about it. Lol, the highlight of my day, I'm sure!

Last night Jay and I got the movie Baby Mama from Walmart. We both wanted to see it and thought it would be good and wanted to add it to our movie collection. It's not too often we buy movies, even less that we rent them, and even less than that that we actually go see them in the theater. We were both looking forward to seeing it and laughing and it being pretty good. Unfortunately, niether of us thought it was anything outstanding. It did have comedy and there were parts that we were both laughing outloud, but it was pretty predictable and lacked in areas where the humor just couldn't make up for it. On my scale from one to ten, I'd give it a 5 maybe. Not that I'm any movie critic or anything. I probably watch more cartoon movies than anything these days. Lucky to say that our Jurassic Park watching has definitely decreased, but there are days where he still askes to watch it.

My cousin is having a purse party tonight, a purse party that I unfortunately will not be attending. :( Not that I need a new purse (have two news from my sister's party) but one can never have enough. Maybe that's just a woman thing?! However, I cannot forsee the gas money it will cost for me to drive the hour and a half there and then home to attend the party. Plus the money that I would inevitably spend while there on purses. Maybe if I didn't have class on Friday's and I could stay for the weekend, but no can do. I actually have clinic meetings on Friday's as well so really no can do. But I hope that everyone has a stellar time and finds some awesome purses!

I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon and I'm still undecided on what I want to do cut wise. I keep going back and forth between just a trim and maybe getting an inch or two off to make a little more of a drastic change, but nothing too short (as I'm trying to grow it out). When it comes to my hair I cannot go long with it being the same. I am surprised that I lasted the last year without getting it cut. But, I'm trying to grow it out, right? So why am I getting it cut tonight? Lol! I can only last with the same hair for a certain amount of time. I'm weird, I know, deal with it...

So my best friend has met a new guy and well that is always a good thing. And this time she has decided to take things slow with him. She's been known to jump into relationships before and that has never seemed to work. Although, with her last serious boyfriend things were looking pretty good for awhile, even I thought that they might get married one day. Little did anyone know, things didn't work out, but that's how life goes. Anyways, I'm excited for my friend and this new guy in her life. She even said that she liked starting out as friends first and seeing where things go. She's thinking it will lead into a relationship which would be great for her (and finally one not long distance, even better). Here's to new beginnings and hopefully happy endings! Or no endings at all...

Lately I've felt kind of distant from my friends at school. It's most likely due to the fact that we only have one class together this semester and don't get to see each other other than that time. Well, at least I don't get to see them. I have no free time this semester so yeah. And we haven't spent any time together outside of school other than Six Flags this summer either. Most likely also due to the busy factor, as we all have kids.


Tonight... back from my hair appointment and I only got a trim. The highlights turned out awesome and I love the change. I'll try to get a picture up sometime tomorrow, maybe...

Got an email back from my supervisor about my lesson plan. She says that I have a great start and thanked me for explaining myself so well. I'm glad that she liked it so far, but saying that I have a great start, but how much more do I need to do for it? I hope not too much because I did put quite a bit of thought into it thus far. We have a meeting in the morning so we will see what needs to be done further. I'm excited though! Therapy should start Monday!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: