Thursday, September 25, 2008

You want me to fit that in when?

It's been a busy week to say the least and I've done every in my power to accomplish absolutely pretty much...NOTHING! Okay, I fib, I did do a bit this week. I took my first test of the semester, but you can't really call an online quiz where you can use your book and notes a test, can you? It was timed, so maybe. I ended up with a 24/30, but I have quite the bone to pick with the professor. Well, maybe not a bone, but there are a few questions that I did not like how she worded and thus will probably get a few points back. I hope that it will be enough to get my grade back up to an A or at least an A-, because right now with her ridiculous grading scale I'm sitting at a C+. Ugh, I dislike professors who mess with the nice 90, 80, 70 scale, lol! And I also wrote up my second lesson plan and had two one on one meetings with my supervisor and a mass group meeting, and I'm sure a few other school things got done as well.

Along with school, I did four loads of laundry, folded and actually put them and last weeks laundry away, semi cleaned, although that really didn't get anywhere because everything is a mess again (sometimes I wonder why I bother and then I remember... I'm anal like that!), and I've been trying to keep the TV off more and spend more one on one time with Ayden. It's not that I don't often play with him, but I've personally noted a lackage of it during the middle of last week. We often get home from daycare and I sit down to eat a little something, turn on a little bit of afternoon cartoons for him, then get started on whatever homework I should be getting done and he often plays by himself. Those are the times where I really wish he would have a play mate. Not that we could afford another child, but Ayden would definitely love it. In any case, we've drawn pictures together, taken walks (well I walked, he rode in the wagon), had pretend picnics, read books, and tonight I plan to make cookies. Me cook!? Nah, simply put them on the pan and in the oven type cookies, but Ayden loves to help with those kind. I guess it's the little things that matter, right? No one's perfect.

So, what do I have to do tonight... watch the two hour premier of Grey's Anatomy of course. Along with getting my lesson plan finished. I don't have a whole lot to do on that, just some simple revisions. I don't know if I will actually watch Grey's, but it was a good thought, right?

Last night Ayden decided that he wanted to go to bed early and watch a dinosaur movie. Since he hasn't watched any movies in his room since early last week I said that he could. It gave me a little extra time to work on my blog background. He stayed up to watch the whole thing... I think that was until about 9ish. We started the movie shortly after 7pm I think. So while he was doing that I was busy creating a new blog backgroung, again, and not getting it uploaded with any success yet. I'm following ALL of the directions on the website I found to the TEE and yet my background is STILL too big for the screen. I am resolved to try one mroe thing tonight and then I am emailing the website for advise. I totally love the new background that I made because, well I created it. I've found some awesome free digitial scrapbooking downloads and have been using those. The sucky thing is that my computer so really slow. Now is when I could use a new one, or maybe it's just because I have so much stuff on it. Maybe a bigger memory or whatever would help. I am not all about computer lingo.

Off to class now... more later...

__________________________________________________________

Okay, at work now... class is done for the day and I'm done with what I needed to do today at work. My boss will be gone today and tomorrow and so there is no rush to get what I do have left done today so that I don't have anything to do tomorrow and then don't even need to come. Now that would be a waste of a day, wouldn't it? LOL!

I think it has been a pretty good day thus far. I am about to go get Ayden from daycare in about a half hour and then I think we might go to the Children's Museum. I mentioned something to him about it yesterday, but it was too late at that time to go. So, if he is in a good mood when I pick him up we might head over there to kill an hour or so. Then Jay will be done with class and we can enjoy the afternoon together. Jay does not work on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons because he doesn't get home until 3:30pm and it would be kind of pointless for him to go in for an hour. His schedule on those two days is kind of wacky and he does end up with about three hours of nothing to do between his classes. I told him that that is homework time and/or me writing a list of chores for him to do. He is usually pretty good when I give him lists of things to do. Of course it is nothing really big though. He is definitely not all for putting things away. He brought a dart board in that was sitting next to the dumpster two and a half weeks ago and it has been sitting on our counter since then. It would probably sit there for another two weeks, if not more, before he decided to do something with it.

We got our digital TV converter boxes yesterday. I was kind of excited to see if we could get our local channels through it and then get rid of our 'cable local channels' but it doesn't look like it will work. We get like two or three channels. Of course they come in good, but I don't know. Haven't talked to Jay about it yet.

__________________________________________________________

At home now and I just received an email from my supervisor about a movie that I am supposed to watch. I had emailed her about being able to check the movie out of our clinic library and being able to take it home to watch it. I wanted to make sure that that was okay before I did it because there are consequences for ‘breaking the rules’ in the clinic and well I don’t want any of those. Unfortunately, I cannot check out and take home the movie as it has sib nits of clinic therapy on it and that requires me to watch it at school in the clinic. Well, this morning I just gave my supervisor my schedule and she commented on how my mornings were very busy. I told her yes, they are and then I leave and pick my son up from daycare. Literally, this semester I have NO free time during the day. I bounce back and forth from class and work all day all week. Wait, I just thought of something. I do have from 9:15-10am on Mondays and Wednesdays before therapy free. I could watch it during that time. Of course it would take two days because the movie is an hour long and I still would need some time to set up for therapy. Hmm, that might work, but of course I start therapy on Monday as well. Just another thing to fit into my already jam packed school schedule.

Ayden and I did go to the Children’s Museum today. We played for about 45 minutes and then it got a little busier than I would have liked and we decided to come home. I was even nice and let Ayden get a bottle of soda on our way out. Sunkist… yummy! Mommy drank most of it. We got home and I snacked a little bit and then started to do some cleaning. You can partially see the living room floor again.

Ayden is at the stage now where he wants everything he sees on TV. Every commercial for every stupid toy- ‘Mommy, I want that!’ ‘Can we buy that?’ ‘’Let’s go get that!’ Well, tonight I sat and had a talk with him. I talked about how we cannot get all the toys that we want. I took sort of took something that I read from another blog. I printed a picture of what he wanted the most off and taped it to a tupperware container. I told him that every time he did a chore he would get some money for it. I don’t know how this is going to work, how much I should be giving him, etc… but we are going to do some experimenting here. He’s already fed the cat and is picking up his room right now. I figure if he can earn half of what this toy costs I will pay the other half. It costs $50, so if he can earn $25 and still wants the toy, we can go get it. I will not get it before two weeks is up though, because I want to see how much he wants it and what he is willing to do to get it. He’s 4, he might lose interest. Maybe he will learn a little bit about money. I don’t know… like I said, kind of experimenting here.

We are having a crock pot dinner tonight and it smells delicious right now. Should be done in about 10 minutes. I tried to fix my blog once again, but the idea that I had did not work either so I am back to square one. Actually, like I said at the beginning, I think that I am going to email the creators of the website and see what they have to say about it because I really want the whole background to show.

I know I have some more to say, but I am going to go right now… CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: