Monday, September 15, 2008

Therapy Success

Jackers...So, I am at work right now and my boss hasn't been in since last Thursday and thus I have no new work. Well, technically there is something I could work on, but I need my boss's opinion on something before I make the final move. Not worth explaining, but I cannot move forward without her go ahead, but can't really get her go ahead when she isn't here. What is a girl to do? I could go home, but then I wouldn't be getting paid, right? Everyone is on lunch break now... is that an excuse to be blogging? Probably not, but I'm not hurting anyone, am I? Who cares...

I'll start with the most recent- I had my first therapy session today! And I survived! But boy were we in for a surprise! Three little guys with lots of energy, that's for sure!!! My activities didn't pan out as expected, which was okay. We ended up just matching the things for bingo and playing with the little people animals for most of it. The kids were getting kind of antsy and couldn't sit still for the other things that I had planned. We might try them at a different point. I was kind of sad because we didn't get to use the There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly poster and animals that I spent time making. But I guess that is what you get coming into something that hasn't been done in the last ten years with children that you haven't met before. But overall, I think it went well. At least that is what our supervisor told us. Actually, I felt like we didn't get anywhere. Not that we are supposed to make giant strides during the first session, but it was hard to focus on them individually with three of them and two of us. I guess it will be something that gets discussed with our supervisor at our weekly meeting on Friday. I need to write a reflection for today's and then get started on next Monday's lesson plan. My partner has to write the lesson plan for Wednesday's session. But in all honesty, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Only, I was late (like one minute) getting to my next class because one of the parents was late picking up her child. No biggie, just hope it isn't a weekly thing.

Tomorrow is Ayden's turn to bring a treat to daycare for snack time. I am thinking something like goldfish crackers or whatever. I'm all for baking some awesome snack, but the thing is, they eat it at 9am and I don't think they need cookies/brownies/cupcakes at that time of the morning and also because of children's allergies, I don't want to make something and have child not be able to eat it because the teacher doesn't know what is in it. So I thought I'd go halfway nutritious and nothing homemade. Good idea? I don't know...

Jay was very cuddly last night which was good. Lately I haven't really felt all that close to him. We haven't been fighting or anything, on the contrary, getting along pretty fabulous. But that's about it, just getting along... cohabitating and parenting. Not really doing anything together or setting time aside for each other. Kind of bumming if you think about it, but honestly with school starting to pile up on me all I want some nights after Ayden goes to bed is some alone time to watch TV. Now I wouldn't mind watching TV and cuddling with Jay... the only problem is that he hardly ever likes what I watch (and constantly complains about my channel surfing abilities, which I admit, I HATE COMMERCIALS!!!) and with football and baseball on... I hardly like what he wants to watch. And to then when we both find something we can compromise on, niether of us really want to be watching it in the first place. IE: tonight is Monday which for me equals: Prison Break and a taped episode of John and Kate plus 8, but for Jay equals: Monday Night Football! He has stated he would watch Prison Break with me in the event that football isn't on, but when will that be, in Februray after the Super Bowl? Lol... I hate watching sports on TV. Actually I'm not a sports watcher at all, unless I personally know someone playing. IE again: I could watch high school football when Jay was playing and high school wrestling when Jay was wrestling. Heck, I was a manager for both teams for three years... I pretty much had to like it. And I did, but after high school, not my forte anymore.

Speaking of Prison Break... YEAH I GET MY WEEKLY DOSE! I'm always excited for Mondays. Not that you aren't sick of me oogling and googling over Wentworth. Sorry then, you'll survive.

My cousin's bridal shower is this weekend! The plan was just to come home for the day, but now Jay is saying that he might be coming home as well (which means bringing Ayden) because his grandparents want their peir out and he usually helps with that. I don't, I sit and watch. Doesn't look like any fun. So, I was thinking that I probably wasn't going to be bringing Ayden to the shower, and probably still won't, but it's more up in the air now. Not that she would care anyways because I'm sure her nieces will be there, or at the very least, the eldest. She's what you call a laid back bride. The best there can be... go with the flow. Well, that is not to say she doesn't have her hands full and isn't really stressing to the max, don't really know, and if that is the case, she hides it well. Bravo Amy! (And I totally know you-and Amanda- are reading this so... super excited for Saturday!) Can't believe how fast the days are going by. I remember when she asked me and thinking, yeah, that's a long time away, but it sure does creep up on you fast!


Later tonight- I got my first therapy review done now. Not a whole lot of work for it and I should be working on some other homework, but I thought I would finish up here first. I have this Chapter to ready for my Speech Science class and then have four questions to answer about it. Sounds like fun, eh? Maybe one of you should do it for me. Now is one of those times where I wish I could just come home from school and leave everything at school. School is worse than a full time job, because it comes home with you. Okay, so people often bring home their work as well, but can't I complain a little. I'd rather my only full time job be is being a mom.

Ayden and I rode our bikes this afternoon for a while. We also went through some letters. He still doesn't know all of them, but I am not going to pressure him to learn them. Some kids know them way earlier and some don't. I want Ayden to be smart, but I won't push him to the point where he doesn't want to do it yet. He'll know them all by kindergarten and be able to write his name and much more I'm sure. There's no rubric he has to follow to get into school. Okay, well there is stuff they 'test' him for during screening (I think) but I am in no way worried right now. We have a whole year to learn that stuff. A nice progression into I think. Funny to think that he will be starting kindergarten when I am starting grad school. How crazy is that? My little guy in kindergarten!!! Enough with the dramatics Ashley, that is a year away yet.

A grocery trip to Walmart tonight stocked us up on groceries once again. This one was actually one of our big shopping trips. We haven't done one of those in a long time. The past couple of months it's usually been just the basics and what not. We don't always go all out when we eat. If I haven't stated it already, I don't really care to cook and when I am the one doing most of it, we LOVE hamburger helper around here. Lol!

Okay, enough babbling for now... just might try and read that chapter I spoke (actually wrote of, haha) before... CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: