Monday, September 22, 2008

Teleportation Anyone?

Jack!!! Get this, starting this week, there will be three days during the week where I walk back and forth from work to class to work to class and finally back to work one more time! And to make matters worse, work and my classes are on opposite sides of campus! Too bad they haven’t invented teleportation yet because I could surely use it. I work for an hour, class for an hour, work for an hour, class for an hour, and then work for almost two hours. Talk about a back and forth day. Makes work go a little faster when I don’t have all that much to do, but definitely gives my speed walking legs a work out and makes me feel all discombobulated all day long because of all the back and forthness going on. That is my gripe for the day, clinic messing with my schedule yet again!

Speaking of clinic, I had my first ‘weekly group meeting’ today and it was a waste of an hour if you ask me. It was like an extra class that I so did not want to pay attention to. I’m not sure if anyone really learned anything and she is giving us extra work to do. Okay, this time I kind of got off easy because well I have class 15 minutes into the meeting, but I guess she had one partner pair look up journal articles and then another pair this week. Probably a good thing I’m not there right away at the beginning. I guess I just don’t know. And it’s me and one other group who have language clients, but at least they are a pair. And their client is a little older. Still kind of sour about this whole particular situation, if you cannot tell. I have a lesson plan to write by Wednesday morning. Technically I could have waited until Friday to have my meeting with her, but I figured that I might as well get it over with right away and go from there because I am probably going to have another lesson plan to write up by Friday we well. I don’t really know and right now don’t really want to think about it.

I’m back to being the envious mom going to school who wants to be one of those stay at home moms who don’t have to worry about getting things done at a specific time and can sort of go with the flow. Maybe it’s more of the I just don’t want to have homework when I get home. I hope that when I finally do get my doctorate that I can go to work and then come home, but leave work at work. I cannot wait to actually do my profession, but it will stay at work. When I come home, I want that to be family time, not all this extra having to worry about other stuff time.

Tonight is Prison Break and John and Kate Plus 8! My weekly ‘alottment’ of specific TV shows. I watch enough during the week, but nothing I need to watch. I might try and get a start on my lesson plan as well during the commercials, but after Prison Break I am done for the night… relaxation time. I do have a work sheet that I could possibly finish before my Speech Science class tomorrow, but I’m really not in the mood to. I hope that she doesn’t decide to collect it because I have most of the answers to fill in yet. Just not really something I wanted to find the answers for because it involves getting out previous classes material which is stuck away somewhere. But I guess I should probably do that.

Crap, forgot to put the lasagna in, guess we are eating a little later than expected, lol!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: