Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Me Monday!!!

I've joined the ranks... and have decided to follow McMama's lead over at mycharmingkids.net (I admit, I am definitely a lurker at her blog... it's great! Read it!) and get with everyone else on this 'Not Me Monday' thing. Besides, it's pretty fun and I enjoy reading what everyone else did not do in the past week. So here goes mine...

This one is actually from today... I did not wish for my client to not show up today so I wouldn't actually have to start therapy. And I secretly did not rejoice when they didn't. Nope, not me! Now I feel even more behind everyone else, but also am relieved because I still haven't actually had to teach this client something.

I did not procrastinate all day yesterday and not start studying for my psychology test tomorrow. Nope, not me!

I did not let Ayden skip lunch yesterday and put him down for a nap instead. The kid claimed he wasn't hungry, wasn't going to feed him twice. And I did not tell Jay to just throw some easy mac in for him when he woke up from his nap because I was too lazy to cook something. Nope, not me!

I did not let Ayden drink a whole bottle of Sunkist after our pictures yesterday because he behaved well for them. Me let my child have soda! Never! At least mostly never...

I did not take my son into Pizza Hut on Saturday with a face covered in Oreos that didn't make it to the mouth. No way, I definitely should have cleaned it off using that good ole' mom spit! Nope, not me!

I did not bribe Ayden with money during our picture sesssion yesterday so we could get some good shots. Bribing really gets you no where, right?

I did not go to work on Friday simply because the door was locked and the recepionist was out of sight so I couldn't get the key. I did not even consider asking the lady in the next room to see if she should get me in. I did not decide to take the afternoon off and relax a little before picking Ayden up.

I did not silently curse my supervisor for making me watch some movie about good teaching that took up an hour that I could have been working on Friday morning. And I most certainly did not fast forward through most of it. Nope, not me!

I did not feel grateful when a classmate of mine told me their score on the GRE and I realized that mine was 400 points higher and she took it twice. I did not think that my chances were better at getting into grad school than hers.

I did not leave some cake batter in the bowl when making Jay's birthday cake tonight just so I could eat it. Who does that? Certainly not me!

I did not sit outside and watch Ayden go play with his tractor in the puddle outside our aparment. I did not think that he should probably have some socks and shoes on and just let him continue to play regardless. And really, I did not just continue to sit there and continue to watch when he decided that he needed to get more wet and layed down in the water.

And right now, I am not continuing to put off studying by posting my 'not me's' and reading others! Nope, not me!

Too much fun... I hope everyone enjoyed my post and all the things that I did not do! I really enjoyed reading everyone else's and it helps to realize that I am not the only 'real' person there is and that other people are not perfect either. Perfectionism is way over rated anyways!

Maybe I should get some studying done, but I will not continue to procrastinate and go play 'hide n seek' with Ayden!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

P.S. Oh, and I did not buy two pair of shoes today and justify it because I can wear them for clinic and because they were from Walmart and so really I got two pair for the price of one!

0 comments: