Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend?

Jack, it's supposed to be the weekend, but it really doesn't feel like it. Maybe it is because it is going by so fast. Can't we just freeze time for a little while so I can get all my 'homework' done and still get a little relaxation time in? Okay, if we can't do that, then can I at least just be able to sit and watch an hour of TV? Probably not that either... but what I'd really like to do is get lost in a good book...

Soccer was cancelled this week due to the rainy weather yesterday. Even if it wasn't cancelled I don't think I would have taken Ayden. Maybe it's okay for older kids to play in the drizzly weather, but I wasn't going to put Ayden in a situation where he was able to get sick easier. We were both kind of disappointed because he was really looking forward to it this week and so was I. Jay was already at home so he probably could have cared less either way. But because soccer was cancelled that left an extra hour of our morning free and it only pushed up the time that Ayden wanted to go to McDonalds. Didn't really want to eat lunch at 10:30am so we played around the house until 11:30 and then headed off to Mickey D's. Boy were there a ton of people there and even more kids. We didn't sit in by the play area because there was no seating in there. I told Ayden that if he ate really good then he could play. Well, he ate really good, but he decided that he didn't want to play and off to Alexis's house we were.

The drive was okay... rainy the whole way (complete side note... I am on Jay's computer at the moment and the litter box is right below it and it STINKS HORRIBLY- mostly because Diesel just went into it and let all the stink out through the door and is probably going to stink it up more and I refuse to clean it). Anywhoo, we made it to Alexis's house a little after 2pm even though the party wasn't supposed to start until 3ish. Not that my dad cared anyways. Ayden and Alexis had fun playing together before everyone else got there. Actually most everyone on my dad's side of the family came. I was surprised, but it was lots of fun. Tons of good food and lots of dessert. I had a brownie, dirt cake, and a piece of birthday cake. The cake was from Walmart and it was super moist and good, but the frosting was a little too sweet. Definitely not a Grandma Hoerth cake by any means, lol.

We decided to leave around 7:30pm, which would put us home around 9pm. But then Jay and Ayden decided that they were going to stay the night at Jay's parents (I had brought extra clothes for Ayden... you know, the emergency clothes) and so Ayden had clothes to wear today and Jay didn't really care about wearing the same clothes the next day. He would have an extra chance to go hunting. My drive home was okay. It started to rain pretty hard before I got to Appleton and thought I was in for a rough drive. It was one of those hard rains where you can barely see and I don't do good driving at night and in the rain. However, by the time I got to Waverly it has slowed down and I was okay and made it home precisely by 9pm. I pretty much crashed right away and slept really good. It was nice to sleep in until around 9am this morning. I could have lounged in bed for another hour or so, but made myself get up so I would be able to get some decent sleep tonight. That and I had some stuff to get ready for clinic yet.

Speaking of that, I still haven't heard back from my supervisor about my lesson plan and whether or not it is okay. I went ahead and made what I needed for my last activity. I would have liked to hear from her by now so that I don't have to make any last minute changes tonight. I am all for getting things done ahead of time and so I don't have to rush at the last minute. That, and I would like the second half of my day to be for myself. Just to relax and chill. I just talked to Jay and they won't be leaving for another hour or so, plus the hour and a half that takes them to get hom... so I have at least the next three hours to myself and would thoroughly like to enjoy them.

Jay said that Ayden slept until 9am this morning too. He woke up just as Jay was getting home from hunting which was kind of nice. That way his parents really didn't have to watch Ayden while Jay was gone. Not that they would have minded, they just had to be home. They were at a wedding last night so I don't know what time they got home at and how long they slept for. His parents are usually pretty early risers.

Back to the grind now... well actually I might look for something to make for lunch. Pizza rolls anyone?

LOVE ME!

0 comments: