Friday, September 26, 2008

'Can I wash dishes?'

...Those were the words that came out of my son's mouth today after supper. Apparently he felt the need to help around the house a little bit. And so being the nice mom that I am, of course I couldn't say no. He washed a few bowls and spoons that did not fit in the dish washer and he did a might good job at it if I don't say so myself. He also vacuumed his bedroom and my bedroom. Great, huh? That I did pay him for. Fifty cents for each room. Hasn't forgotten about the toy that he wants to buy yet. But it is only day two.

So I got an email from my previous supervisor saying that my client's mom needed a call. I called her work and cellphone at two seperate times and left a message, and yet I still haven't heard back from her. That it is not to say that I will not hear back from her yet, but I'm worried. Do I call again? Do I call tomorrow? Do I wait? Do I tell my current supervisor? What if they don't show for therapy on Monday. I talked to Jay about it... his opinion... wait and see. Here's my logic. We are calling from a 'professional place.' When the doctor calls to remind you about an appointment, they usually call once and if you don't answer they leave a message. It is then in your hands to either show up or call and cancel. I've called twice and left two different messages and my number. I also called yesterday and left the clinic number and my number. I think I should leave it up to the family and wait for their next move. I don't want to be 'stalkerish' and don't think that I should have to call on the weekend. Would your doctor call you on the weekend? So yeah... we'll see I guess.

I'm glad the week is finally over. I have two tests that I need to start studying for this weekend. Will I get any studying done? Don't really know... I have a dress fitting in the morning for my cousin's wedding. Excited! And then hopefully make it back to Point in time for Ayden's soccer game. Pray the rain holds off and/or stays away! And on the way back to Point a long overdue phone call to my best friend who just recently surprised me with some crazy news. I am anxious to hear how this came up about and can't wait to catch up with her. We haven't really talked since Ayden's party which was almost two months ago.

I also recently got a letter from Lee and boy did it surprise me as well. He explained me to a situation that I've been waiting to hear about. I knew that at some point he would tell me what all went down, but I didn't want to push him. I've tried dicussing things with him in the past, but he always said he didn't want to talk about it and would let me know when the time was right. Well, I don't think that the time was right, rather he explained it because he needed to clarify some other thoughts that I was currently having. But he did say that it was only fair that I knew and because we have such an open and honest friendship that it was time. I was more surprised though because I rather bluntly told him my opinion about something he is currently going through and it wasn't very nice. I admitted at the same time that I knew it was mean/rude, but because we have that open line of communcation that I thought he deserved to know what I was thinking. It doesn't pay to 'hide' my true feelings about it. He said I was being a bitch, but that he understood and he was glad that I was open and honest about it and that is why we get along so well. No hard feelings on either part. I told him that either our openness is going to keep us super good friends for a long time or be the end of us someday. I hope the first... Btw, I know that you may or may not understand any of the previous... but that's just the way I am. It's not my story to tell and there are some aspects of my life that I'd prefer to not divulge right now. Sorry...

So I am off to get Ayden to bed and pout because I thought Ghost Whisperer was on tonight and it really wasn't. Poor me! I really should be getting into bed myself because if I have to leave by 7:30am tomorrow I really won't get to sleep in either! UGH!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: