Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Procrastination at it's BEST!

Jack, In the computer lab waiting for my next class to start. I really should be working on my lesson plan and in fact I do have it sitting out right in front of me. It's crying to be typed up and and worked on, but the enthusiasm is kind of lacking right now. I think it's partly because I am worried that I will do bad on it. When talking with my supervisor yesterday she said that the typical first lesson plan will take about three reviews before it is 'perfected' but I want to be one of the smart people who doesn't need three reviews. That's me, always striving for the best, right?! In any case, the actual lesson plan isn't due until 10am Sunday morning, but she said she would like some ideas by Friday at least. That way we have something to talk about at our meeting. Well, being the case that we will actually start clinic on Monday like planned. I keep flucuating between nervous and excited. Plus, since I am writing up the first lesson plan that means that I will be the 'lead teacher' on the first day of clinic. I met with my partner yesterday to go over how we wanted to proceed and we both have a lot of concepts that we would like to cover, but we are unsure of how to do that. Well, not idea wise, but do we just jump right in and go with them or are we supposed to work on something else first? We also know what both of our clients need to work on, but like I said, how do we approach that? Am I supposed to know this stuff already? We had to make up lesson plans and what not last year and I was good with that, but we weren't actually doing therapy. I didn't make those lesson plans with the intention of beginning therapy. I guess our main concern right now is how to get the ball rolling and then we can go from there. Like I said, we both have quite a few ideas on what to work on.

I had every intention of going to bed early last night, but unfortunately was up until around 11pm. I stayed awake to watch Will and Grace at 10 and then Jay came into the bedroom and started talking to me. At this point I was already half asleep, but when I decided to turn the TV off at 10:30, I was no longer tired. After about 10 minutes of tossing and turning, I turned the TV back on and was asleep probably 15 minutes later. The joys of having SLEEP on your TV. Well, it is probably on most televisions these days. I cannot remember though if I turned the TV off and turned my 'rain' on or if I just let the TV go off by itself and somehow turned my rain on. Guess I was really tired. Maybe I will try and go to bed early tonight? Probably not though...

Got some news yesterday on the possibility of moving. Turned out that the apartments that I had thought were the ones that Jay and JT's friend lived in were not really the ones. He lived on the other side of the road down a little farther and truth be told, those are better apartments. Actually, they are duplexes and there are only four of them in a little culdesac. They look really nice on the outside so I can only imagine how they look on the inside. According to JT, pretty nice. Anywhoo, JT provided us with some more info... there is no big corp that owns the duplexes, just some guy and he only owns two of the four and he rents on a month to month contract. He also said that he usually only puts a for rent sign out when something is for rent. Aaron (the friend who lives in one right now) said he would keep his eye out if anything came available. As for our current situation right now... Jay read our rental agreement and after the initial year, it becomes a month to month contract with a 60 day notice of moving out. It also states on there though that we cannot move out in the months of Nov-Feb and/or will have to pay for something or another if we do. Because we are now on a month to month contract I do not know if that still applies, but that would kind of suck. Given the fact that there are no duplexes currently available I am not going to worry about it, but with my luck something would come available during that time. At least for now I know the situation and will not worry about moving anytime soon. That's okay though, because I truly like where we are living. Knock on the fake wood desk I am at... we haven't even had really any noise issues with our neighbors lately! :)

Jay is planning on going home this weekend (JT may FINALLY go with him) to do some hunting and possibly get JT's boat and bring it back with him/them. He had every intention of bringing Ayde home with him and taking him hunting and giving me some alone time. I was all excited for that until I realized that no can do. Ayden had soccer Saturday morning and I really don't want him to miss it, even if he doesn't play. And I just found out that Alexis's birthday party is on Saturday. Wendy did send us an invitation, but to the wrong address so we did not get it. I've had Alexis's gift for a couple of weeks now and really wanted to go to her party, but then again just wanted to stay home for the weekend as well. Right now the weather isn't looking too good for Saturday (50/50 chance of rain and storms) so we might not even have soccer. If there is soccer Ayden and I will go, go to Mickey D's for lunch if he plays good, and then head off to my dad's for Alexis's party. We will also probably come home that night as well, because then I will have Sunday to finalize my lesson plan. Don't really know right now.

Okay, seriously now... I am going to go work on my lesson plan, well maybe after checking Facebook, lol! Until Later... CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: