Sunday, September 21, 2008

Procrastinating… AGAIN!

Jack- Watching one of those Hallmark movies right now, Shark Swarm. It’s actually pretty bad, as in poorly made and doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, but nonetheless it has caught my attention and it’s on for another hour. Hmm, should I continue to watch it or start getting some of my ‘homework’ done? I wouldn’t exactly call anything that I should be getting done homework as I am not going to be getting graded on any of it. But I do have two worksheets due in a week that I need to finish, a worksheet that my teacher suggested that we do, and some notes to finish typing up. So I thought that since I had the house to myself today I might take advantage of some of that stuff.

I know in my last post I kind of up and left pretty abruptly. Jay and I had a bit of an argument, but we got over it. Something stupid, like most of them, but it’s done and over now and not worth rehashing here. All is well in our world again.

Yesterday was Ayden’s first soccer game! I was a little disappointed because I wasn’t going to be able to watch it, but I got a great report from Jay. I was nervous for it because Ayden said that he didn’t want to play when we were putting his shin guards on at home and that he just wanted to go up north and go fishing right away. I talked to him about playing and we discussed more about the game and all of that good stuff. About how he wouldn’t always get the ball and how sometime people might bump into him and that would be okay.

Jay said that Ayden got right out there and played like a champ. They also got their jerseys. Technically Ayden’s team lost 0-1 and the last goal was scored right before the end, but they don’t keep score. He also said that Ayden even fell down a few times and that he got right back up and into the game. Ayden had a little trouble with direction at first and was running towards the wrong goal, but that is okay. I was just so excited to hear that he didn’t whine or cry at all and that he had lots of fun. And his friend Seth wasn’t even there. The kids also got a snack after the game which was great as well. Now I’ll be a real soccer mom because it’s our turn to bring snack in two weeks. I cannot wait to see the pictures that Jay took. Next week Jay is going to bring the video camera. I told him that he didn’t have to bring it this week because we didn’t know how Ayden would react and didn’t want it to be a waste.

Yesterday was also my cousin’s bridal shower and that was pretty fun. We had some good laughs and my other cousin came up with two pretty neat games to play as well. I’m not all for games at showers, but these ones were not too hard or two easy so that was good and they were fun. Plus there was ‘Krystal cake’ there which I might add tasted very similar to ‘Grandma Hoerth cake’… which means it was really good! Lots of good munchy food and I ate way too much! My cousin got a lot of wonderful gifts as well which I’m sure she and her fiancé are really excited about. Well, according her, Grant was going to vacuum the night away, lol. I cannot wait until Jay and I get married to get all that good stuff, jk… Married, me? Ha, not for another couple of years. Jay and I have discussed it before, first we have NO MONEY to get married, nor more importantly, are we ready to get married. Tuesday will be our 5 year anniversary… some may think that after 5 years of dating and having a child together we might know if we want to get married someday. Maybe he knows, but I don’t know. And well, it’s much easier to ‘break up’ than get a divorce. And thus, until I am absolutely certain, we won’t be getting married. Neither of us needs a piece of paper to prove that we love each other.

Okay, so while at my sister’s birthday party last weekend I saw that Casey had stitches in his ear and asked him how he got them…  unbeknownst to be, he had surgery! And he was going to need it again. It wasn’t major surgery or anything, he had a hole in his ear drum from an ear infection and it needed to be closed (I love ear stuff, it’s what I’m going to be going to school for next year!) and I was never informed of this. Not that I need to know the everyday activities of my brother, but one would have thought that my lovely mom would have informed me that he had surgery and would need it again. Wonder what all else I am missing out on while living in good ole Point?!

Speaking of living far away, driving home for the bridal shower yesterday cost me an extra $25 on gas. Ugh… and prolly another $15-20 next weekend when I go for my dress fitting. I hate gas! It definitely needs to go down and soon!

I have my first test on Wednesday. The good thing is that it is open book and online. Online- possibly bad because it’s timed and I don’t know the format of it, but good because then I can do it at home without the added pressure of sitting in class with all of the extra students sitting around me. And with that, I’m sure I will have other tests just around the corner. I cannot believe that we are heading into the fourth week of school already. It still feels like the beginning. Maybe that is because I haven’t really gotten into any set schedule with clinic yet. I feel like I am getting so far behind everyone. I hope that that does not effect my grade at all and that my supervisor doesn’t expect me to make up these times because I do not have any extra time.

(Side note: my extremely annoying neighbors just turned on their extremely loud and annoying music!) And speaking of neighbors, the ones that live next to us are moving out. They are a nice quiet couple who I am going to miss, not that we’ve gotten to know each other, but for the fact that it now leaves the apartment empty for loud partying college kids to move into… or maybe a nice couple with a child Ayden’s age. Now that would be great.

Back to the point that I was going to make… I was ranting and raving to Jay the other day how I think the professors sometimes don’t even think about the students who are nontraditional and have families to support and other things that just school to worry about. I do NOT have the extra time for all these extra meetings scheduled at any time of the day whenever. I have a set schedule for my son’s daycare and set schedule for work and cannot change it. Personally, because my work is so flexible I know that if I needed to take off I would not get fired, but it is not like that for everyone. My friend Robin is working nights to support her family and going to school during the day. I can only imagine what that is doing to her physically and emotionally. I cannot really say because we haven’t talked all that much since the beginning of the semester, simple answer, too busy!

I’m going to watch the end of my movie now and restart my computer so the updates I installed will take effect and hope that my neighbors turn off or down their music before it really starts getting on my nerves… stay calm Ashley. It usually only lasts for an hour or so…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: