Saturday, September 6, 2008

Soccer: Week 1... A Bust

Jack... we had soccer today, well Ayden had soccer today. The day started off pretty early as Ayden decided to get up at 6:45am (earlies he has gotten up in weeks!). Don't know why it was so early as he didn't exactly go to bed early last night, but in any case, he was up. Soccer didn't start until 10:45am so we lounged around the house until then cleaning and watching a few morning cartoons. Well, I cleaned and Jay and Ayden watched cartoons.

When it was time to leave Ayden was really excited and I thought we were going to have a good time. I even told him about the carnival rides and if he played good then we could go there afterwards. They seperated the kids into their teams and at first things were going pretty good. His coach seems really nice and really in tune with younger kids. He had the kids dribbling the ball around and practicing a few things and all was going good. Ayden was even excited to see Seth on his team. They started to play a dribbling game and Ayden seemed like he was having fun, but then all of a sudden he kicked the ball and it went past the coach (the object was to 'kick the coach') and he came running at full speed towards Jay and I with tears in his eyes. He got so upset and said he wanted to go home because he kept losing. I think he thought because sometime when he tried to kick the ball at the coach it didn't exactly go where he wanted it to.

Thus started the next half hour of trying to get him to participate again and bribing him with McDonalds if he would go and play with his new friends. There were a few times where he got back out there and attempted a few things, but the first sign at things going wrong he was running in our direction again crying. I had no idea that he was so painfully shy. I tried to keep him going at it and even went out onto the field with him. But alas, about 10 minutes before the end of the practice, I had had enough and it was either he get out there and play with his friends or we are leaving... no rides and no McDonalds. Now, I'm sure I wasn't in the right by 'making' him play when it was obviously 'painful' for him, but by this point I had tried all the reasoning I could and nothing was working. Well, he didn't like the fact that we were no longer going to ride rides or go to Mickey D's and cried the whole way home. To bed it was and about 10 minutes later he was asleep. Tired maybe?!

We've resolved to practice some at home to get him a little more accoustomed to what is going to happen next week. We've talked to him about the jersey he is going to get and have decided that we will make it a weekly thing to go to his place of choice to eat afterwards if he plays like a big boy. You should have seen some of the other little kids there. They were all for it and my little guy looked like I was putting him through torture. Who knows, maybe he just isn't ready for sports yet. I pray that next week goes a little better, but I won't make him play if he absolutely doesn't want to. We will just sit on the sidelines and watch then. I paid for it, I am going to get at least that much out of it and maybe he will slowly want to start to play. Time will tell...

The rest of the day was spent at the house. Ayden slept until 2pm and then we had lunch. Aftewards we played outside for a little while. We also painted some pictures tonight with some water paints and played hide and seek. And now Ayden and Jay are playing dominoes with some Jonny Tractor ones and then it is bed time. We have decided to hit up the carnival tomorrow if Ayden is in a good mood. He knows that he needs to behave in order to go.

I thought about doing some homework today, but passed on that. Really don't have any homework more as textbook reading. And we all know that that isn't any fun. Lol! But I did actually read an article for my social psych class and highlighted phrases in it. I know, crazy right? I already miss my three days weekends. Sometimes I wish that circumstances were right so I could be a stay at home mom and spend all my time with Ayden because he is so much fun and other times I am glad to get 'away' for a little while because I think that everyone needs a little alone time, even if that be sitting in class.

I finally got a letter from Lee today, even though he won't get the letter that I wrote saying I was wondering why he hadn't written in so long (just not in such nice terms). He really didn't have a good excuse, but it was a letter none the less. Updated me on what's been going on in his life, well sort of. It was good to finally hear from him and see how everything is working out for him right now. He's got a lot on his plate.

I was watching the movie Flight 93 before and it brought back so many memories. I currently have it paused because Ayden wanted to play with me and I wanted to watch the rest of it. Love that pause button... but in any case, I wanted to cry. I've only seen parts of the movie before, but I remember my mom telling me that it was good. Back to watching it now, as Ayden just got into bed...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: