Friday, September 5, 2008

Fun Fridays

Jack... It's been another insightful day when it comes to clinic. I had my first meeting with my supervisor and partner today to discuss our clients for this semester. As of right now, we have two boys, with the possibility of it being 5 boys and 1 girl during a 45 minute session. All in the ages of 3-4. Six preschoolers and we are actually supposed to get something done? Are they serious? Well, it has been done before, I guess... like 10 years ago and the clinic director did say that she thought we could handle it. Am I up for the challenge? OF COURSE! :) I think this is going to be great fun this semester and honestly, I am hoping for all six children. The possibilities are endless! And, as it turns out, the slot we will be during therapy in and the weekly meeting time with my supervisor fits nice and snug into my schedule! I had to switch one hour of work to a different time slot, but that is still okay. Ayden's daycare and everything else is still peachy keen! That was my biggest concern, but I'm a little more relaxed about it now. YEAH! Week one of classes over and I'm not completely insane either! Good or bad? You decide, lol!

After I pick up Ayden today I am going to go try and find this apartment place Jay was talking about last night. JT was telling him about this place his friend lives in right now over in Whiting. Technically Stevens Point because Whiting doesn't have addresses (at least I don't think so)... anyways, I guess they are about the same size as ours, but with the bedrooms upstairs and a basement and they cost less. JT said they are pretty nice (as he's seen them before) and cheaper! I would love cheaper, but it'd have to be up to par with what we have now for me to move again. I really love our place right now and so I am not going to get too excited about it right now. I just want to drive past and get a sense of the place and area and look of the outside. It's not too far from campus. Definitely further than we are now, but I don't know. Like I said, I will see how it looks later this afternoon when I drive past. Wish me luck! Well, by the time I post this, I will have already driven past and will probably tell you all about what I saw...


Tonight. It is almost 7:30pm and Jay just got home from work. Good because he doesn't have to go into work tomorrow. Bad because now he's drained from working all day and doesn't want to do anything. But at least one of us did something this week. Okay, so I went to work, but I didn't have anything really to do while there. Got paid for being there I guess. I can't wait for another couple of weeks when the ETP classes start again because then it gets interesting and I get to do a bunch of different stuff. Of course my boss is sort of impartial to new classes starting because that only brings in more work for her, but that is why I am there. I like to see the business that people are trying to start. If I haven't already said it, I work in the Small Business Office on campus. Well and the Continuing Education office, but I don't do anything with that. My job is to help my boss with clients starting new businesses or getting help with their current business. I do most typical office help work (ie: filing, copying, etc) but my favorite part is getting the industry material together because more often than not I end up reading through it myself. Lots of interesting stuff!

Ayden and I did take our little drive today to find the apartments I was talking about earlier and we found them. Only a ten minute drive to them from daycare (just a bit longer than that we drive now) so that isn't too bad. It's a smaller complex than we are at now and the apartments are either duplexes or fourplexes. I didn't get that close of a look. Some look newer than others and those ones look really nice (definitely more like a house than we live in now) and others look a little older than I would like to live in. But I guess it would depend on the inside. It's not on a super busy road and does have this awesome side walk for walking/biking/etc (one thing that is lacking where we live now, despite the fact that we have a sidewalk around the building and a driveway-of which I don't let Ayden bike in because I am too scared about all the cars driving around). I kind of wanted to take Jay past them tonight, but I figured he would be too tired so I will mention it tomorrow before soccer. And all of this even before we know if they have any available to rent and/or when we could move out of our current place.

The thing is, when our lease ran up this past year (it was a one year lease) the landlords notified us of an increase in rent, however we did not sign a new lease. Does that techinally mean we can move out at any time as long as we give however long before notice that is require (which I believe is either 45 or 60 days)? I don't know... Getting way ahead of myself here. Changes may be brewing? Who know?

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: