Monday, September 8, 2008

Two Months!

Hey Jack! We have a new pet at our house... Nemo the goldfish which Jay won at the local carnvial yesterday. Jay said that we almost had four or five goldfish as Ayden had some pretty good aim, unfortunately the ball ended up bouncing out at the last second. In either case... Nemo has a new home with us, forever how long he decides to live. We've had fish before. I've had a few betas at a couple years ago we had a whole tank system set up in Ayden's room with even a little shark. Those fish didn't last too long, but the shark did and so did the bottom feeder. I wonder why, despite the pet store person saying the shark wouldn't kill the other fish. Hmm...

We did have fun at the carnival though. Ayden and I rode the ferris wheel and right after we got on he told me that we had to keep our arms in the air. I couldn't believe that he wanted to do that and that he did that at Bay Beach (because their ferris wheel is much bigger than the one we went on), but never the less, we kept our arms up the whole time. He also rode the race cars and a little train. I think he had the most fun going through the fun house though. I went through it with him the first time and then he went through twice afterwards by himself. We probably spent a good $35 while there, but it was worth it, even though we didn't stay super long. And of course we played the duck game. What parent doesn't let their child play the duck game (even though you get sorely ripped off).

PRSION BREAK IS ON TONIGHT! I get my weekly does of Wentworth Miller, and John and Kate Plus 8 is on, but I have to DVR that because it is on the same time as Prison Break. I'd DVR Prison Break, but we don't get our local channels through the sattelite so no can do. I am destined to do some textbook reading tonight as well, but we will see how that goes. I would really like to get Ayden outside to kick the ball around a little bit, but right now the weather is kind of crummy and icky cold (the way it is looking to be for the rest of the week as well).

My classes went well today too. Second class for two of my classes, whereas last week I had two classes three times already. Niether lectured a whole lot which was good seeing that they are an hour and 15 minutes long each. I get very ADD like after the first 50 minutes. I don't know how I ever made it through block scheduling my senior year in high school. Or how my brother and sister did it all four years. Technically my brother is still doing it. He's a junior this year! I cannot believe it!!! And he has his license! That means this year he considers taking the ACTs and where and what we might do after graduation. My mom doesn't see him going to college, but maybe some tech school. I don't know anymore. I used to say probably not college, but he's had a girlfriend for over a year now and I don't know what her plans are so just maybe. I'd say if she plans to go on to college there is more of a chance he might go with her. But then again, I could be completely wrong. Don't really know my brother all that well. And it's not by choice, more of the fact that we don't live together anymore and are not as close as my sister and I.

Speaking of my sister, I need to call the dress place to make appointments for us to get our dresses altered. They said to call 2 months in advance and today is exactly two months. The bride called a week or two ago and couldn't get in for her fit until only 5 weeks before the wedding. Okay, so she fits into her dress pretty perfectly, but what if that weren't the case? I would be worried they wouldn't be able to get the alterations done in time. My sister and I only need our dresses hemmed up, so hopefully we can get in at a halfway decent time. We'll see what they say though. Later now, and I called the dress place and got an appointment for my sister and myself on the 27th to get our dresses fit for alterations. That should be plenty of time. Like I stated before, the wedding is in exactly two months from today... I'm excited!!! This will be my third wedding (well that I have stood up in) as an adult per say. I've been in two when I was younger- for some reason I think I may have stated this before, so bare with me please- and well, it's more fun when you are older and can remember it.


And thus far, I've loved all the dresses that I've had to wear. Still have them, don't really know what to do with them right now, but that's okay. I like to look at them because I still think they are pretty. I could try to sell them as prom dresses or something, but it would be kind of hard for someone else to fit into them as perfect as me because they were altered for my body. But who knows? Anywhoo, point being, I love standing up in weddings and this one will be tons of fun as well. Especially because four of us get along really well. I'm not saying we don't get along with the fifth person, but I also can't rule out any lingering tension. Because I don't really know her (despite the fact that I'm like second or third or whatever cousins with her) I try to stay neutral on the position...

Ayden is currently building a 'carnival' with his geo tracks. He loves those things and I love the imagination he has right now. To be so young and innocent again... I'd better have more boys in the future, but we have all the boy toys! I sometimes wonder how Jay would have been had we had a girl. Because of the situation we were in I can see him not being as hands on, but then again, I might be totally wrong. Maybe he would be more protective? He probably wouldn't be so rough and tumbly with a girl. Him and Ayden 'wrestle' all the time. Did I mention that at some point it is probably inevitable that Ayden wrestles? I will not make him if he doesn't want to (Jay's brother Steven doesn't wrestle), but being that Jay was very into wrestling and his dad is the coach... it's in the blood! I have seen PreK wrestlers before and they are too cute! But from our current soccer experience I don't know how Ayden would handle that?

I suppose since Ayden is occupied right now I should go and try and get some reading done. Speech and Voice Science here I come! Or should it be Abnormal Psychology or even Social Psychology? What about Common Diseases? Oh the choices I have right now... although on a serious note, I'm actually intrigued by the last three choices so it might not be such bad reading after all. CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: