Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Coming to an end?

Jack... still sick, but I have an hour before my next class starts. Yes, you read that right... classes have started and I have already made my way through one of them. Unfortunately, I am still sick as a dog (where did that terminology even come from anyways?) and didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. I downed some Robitussin night time stuff around 8pm hoping it would put me out, but it did no such thing. I thought about taking some NyQuil because that always does wonders, but then I feel like crud the next day... really tired and lazy like and I didn't want to be totally out of it the day classes started (even though I only have two). So any case, I think my nap yesterday afternoon screwed me over for sleeping last night. That and the fact that I tried to go to bed at 9pm as well. I tried sleeping in bed for a while, but Jay would fall asleep and then start moaning and it was driving me crazy. I didn't want to keep waking him up, so at about 2am (with maybe four hours of good sleep in there) I high tailed it out to the futon and slept there for the rest of the night. I got maybe a fwe good hours out there as well, but nothing to be proud of. I am hoping to get some good sleep tonight... I might even down some NyQuil to make sure of it. Still feeling pretty stuff, but at least I am not feeling it all over my body today. Like I can actually get up and do something and not feel it all over my body.

Anywhoo, Prison Break was on last night and it was on for TWO HOURS! It was definitely a great preimer! Michael found out that Sarah was alive and they were reconnected and then they killed off some important people, but I guess it is for the whole plot. I cannot wait to see how the season plays out because it definitely looks to be good! Not the normal show that I would be watching, and definitely not something that Ayden will be watching (due to the amount of violence), but as you know so well... I am addicted to Wentworth Miller's gorgeousness! And he was definitely gorgeous last night! I hope that the season is extra long because honestly, I don't think they will be able to have a fifth one. I was super surprised and excited to know that they were going to have a fourth one, but seriously, where are they going to take the show from here after this season? I don't know, but I will leave that up to the producers and writers. I will just relax and watch it unfold and the season goes on.

So, I had a really good Labor Day weekend, despite getting sick. We went up north to Rhinelander and the drive wasn't really all that long (well compared to the drive that some of the other family members had to do). We decided to go up Saturday morning and leave Sunday night. One night sleeping in the camper without showering is definitely enough for me, lol. I didn't even sleep that good that night either, but oh well. Ayden did and that is all that matters. He had two playmates this year... Baden and Alex. Ayden is related to Baden somehow, like 3rd or 4th step cousins or something like that, and Alex's mom is a family friend. They all were born within six months of each other and got along pretty well for the most part. It was good for him to have some buddies to play with and that way I didn't have to keep my eye on him constantly (especially since we were right on the water). But all the boys knew the rule that they had to have their life vests on if they wanted to go on the pier and did really great with that. We even took a short pontoon ride. Mostly for the kids because they really wanted one, but it was nice for the adults too.

Being with Jay's mom's side this weekend further silidified the fact that I love his family. I can't forsee a time where we won't be going to family gatherings and having lots of fun. Small downside (they drink... but then again, you find more drinkers than nondrinkers these days) but they don't get overly obnoxious either or purposely do stupid things. For the most part I think it is the social aspect of it that appeals to them, but I don't know. Jay's uncle and grandpa went to town and did some bar hopping and came home a little 'toasted' but oh well. I didn't have to deal with them. Well, it was his uncle more than anything, and that kind of drinking sort of bothers me, but like I said, it wasn't my problem to deal with. As long as I'm with Jay, he won't do that. The only way I would allow that is if he were gone for the weekend with some buddies and I didn't have to hear about it, see about it, deal with it. You know? He drank a little this weekend, but I don't have total control over him and don't want to really. He knows what I will tolerate and what I won't.

The kids played washer toss, baseball, soccer, etc... It really was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect too! You couldn't have asked for better weather over the weekend. We also had some pretty great food there as well. Sweet corn, potatoes, and garbage can turkey. Yes, you read that right, a turkey cooked in a garbage can. Maybe it's a Cook thing? I don't know... lol! Oh, and I got plenty of baby holding time in too. Jay's newest cousin, Quinn was there and he's too cute! Had to get the holding time in as I probably won't see him again until Christmas and he will probably be crawling by then. Jay even held him, which was kind of funny and yet sweet to see.

We got home on Sunday night around 9:30pm and pretty much just crashed. We left the cleaning and what not until yesterday, but then of course niether Jay nor I were really in the mood to do anything, but unfortunatly I made Jay get some cleaning done. I wasn't going to have my house looking like a complete pig sty. I did some laundry and got the kitchen and dining room clean and the bedroom. Ayden's room is still pretty messy and he has toys all over the living room, but he's a kid and that is to be expected. Today was his first day of 4K and he was so excited to take his backpack with him. I also had to try and find his sleeping bag from Spring to take it back to daycare, but it is no where to be found. I'm pretty sure that I brought it home from daycare because he wasn't going to need it during the summer, but I cannot seem to find it at home either. That is the second thing that we've not been able to find in the past couple of days. We were also looking for his baseball tee thingy to take up north with us, but that eluded us as well. Jay and I checked in every spot that we thought feasible and once again no where to be found. He thought maybe someone could have climbed over our wall in the garage and taken it, but I find that highly unlikely. Why would they just take some kids toy and nothing else, we have things (ie: Jay's tools) that are worth a whole lot more in that garage than just kids toys. I don't know, it has to be there somewhere, right?

My first class today was Abnormal Psychology and wouldn't you know that I already have a two page paper due by Thursday. Great fun, eh? But it's basically an opinion based paper so I am not worried about getting it done in time or about what I am going to write. Three of my friends have already taken the class and all have loved it, thus the fact as to why I am taking it. Well that and it counts for more credits for my psych minor. I've had the professor before and she is a great teacher! I'm excited to learn the material in this class, even if it means doing team testing (which I did in the Spring and didn't really care for).

My next class in Speech and Hearing Science... my one ComD one for the fall. It is with a professor that I've had twice before, but not for like two years. I didn't much care for her in those classes, but I've heard good things about her and I suppose that if I get to know her a little better that it might not be so bad. I've spoken to her with a few of my friends from time to time and she is really nice outside of class. Maybe it is just that teacher/student thing... the anxiety of needing to do really good. She sort of imtimidated me in the earlier classes, but now that I have friends in my class it will be easier to go to one of them for further explanation if I do not understand something.

As my title suggests... I cannot make any promises, but this blog may be coming to an end. I really hope not, as it's nice to have an outlet again. Right now, I will try and continue this, but I am not sure how busy I will get as the semester progresses. I will be getting my clinic assignment tomorrow and will need to contact my supervisor for my client and then go from there as far as setting up our appointments for the week. It will only be twice weekly for an hour, but all the prep and writing afterwards is what might take up more of my time. I hope that this will not be goodbye as I feel like I am just getting into the groove of everything. And this really is a good stress outlet as well.

I will try and post pictures tonight of our awesome weekend and hopefully some of the zoo as well, as I haven't gotten to those yet either... CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: