Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reality Check

Jack- I have noticed that I have been majorly slacking on the whole quote thing at the beginning of my entries. I really wanted to do that and keep up with it, but obviously I wasn't that ambitious about it because it lasted maybe a week. So I might try and do that again, or maybe have a quote of the week thing. I don't know just yet... we will see.

Day 2 of the semester is going rather swell. What a way to describe it, eh? In any case, it's going good. I've heard back from my supervisor and have set up a meeting to discuss our clients and when we are going to start therapy. I've found out that my partner and I will have a group of children coming from a school or schools that will be working on language. Now due to confidentiality rules and what not I probably won't be talking much about clinic on here, other than to say that it's going good or not so good. I'm hoping more good than not... I cannot jepordize my schooling with talking about things I should not be. As I'm sure everyone would agree, my best bet is just to keep my mouth shut. In any case, I'm more excited than scared now, but I think I may have stated that already. I have found out that two of my friends are partnerless and will be doing therapy alone. If I were them I would be petrified, but at least next semester it won't be so bad. Plus, they are both super smart and I know that they can handle it. I probably would be able to as well, but I won't have to worry about that until next semester.

My Common Diseases class went really good today. The professor put us into groups and from the short amount of time that we got to talk to our group members, I'm thinking it will be a fun semester. They all seem nice, easy to get along with and willing to do the work. One is pre-nursing and one is pre-physical training and so have that knowledge with them. We will have to lecture to the class at one point on a chapter and my group mate picked chapter 18, so we don't have to worry about presenting it until like three weeks before the semetser ends, and it's a good chapter too!!! Skin diseases! Interesting enough anyways. And my social psych class went good too! The professor has a great sense of humor and even though we will be doing a lot of group work I think it will be fun and interesting. I'm not all about group work as I work best alone (most of the time) or maybe it's just the introvert in me that doesn't like group work. I am feeling pretty good about this semester though! SMILES! :)

Ayden has his first soccer game this Saturday! Jay and I are so excited. Jay even has the video camera all charged and ready to go. Jay's parents and brother might even come up to watch Ayden play. We aren't telling Ayden though because we don't want him too get too excited if they don't come or too nervous to even go out and play. There is a carnival coming to town for the local festival thingy that goes on every year this weekend and I think we might take Ayden past it and remind him what it is and then go to soccer. That way we can use going on the rides as an incentive to go out and play, otherwise I fear he might cling to me the whole time and not play. Bribery at its best, I know, but I want him to have fun! I just hope that the weather holds out good. They are calling for a chance of rain for like the next couple of days. I mean we need it and all, but I don't really want it, well maybe just not during, before, or after Ayden's soccer. Like he really needs to play on a muddy field or in the rain. Actually, I don't think he would even play in the rain, even if they let the kids. Ayden would all be, I need my umbrella and what not, lol. Too cute!


Later tonight... I recieved an email from the director of the Y's soccer program with the roster and team schedule. Ayden is on team Fire and they will get red jerseys. What is the best part about his roster is that I am pretty sure that his best friend from daycare, Seth, is also on his team. I am not absolutely certain about this yet, as I cannot remember for certain what Seth's last name is, but I will check tomorrow at daycare and find out for certain. I hesitated to tell Ayden because I didn't want him to get excited about Seth being on his team if he wasn't. But I told him anyways and the comment I got from him was unexpected. He told me that he didn't want Seth to play soccer. I hope that that attitude changes a little by Saturday and I am sure that it will once we are there. I think that it will make it easier for Ayden to go play and socialize and I would love to see them play together.

I had my mass clinic meeting tonight and all of my excitement as left me again. I feel overwhelmed to the bone again. So many handouts and things to remember... okay Ashley, just breathe! Relax! Everything will be okay and will work out. I can do this, I know that I can!

Jay had a meeting with his advisor today. He needed to discuss some things and its now a for sure thing that he will not be able to graduate this May with me. I would have loved that, but oh well. He needs to pull A-'s on all of his classes this semester to get off of academic probation. I'm kind of upset that he even got on academic probation, but there is nothing I can do about that. I am not his mother and will not be on top of him about his grades. He should have kept up with school a little better so that it didn't get that bad, but there is nothing he can do about it now. He has four classes to concentrate on this semester and he knows that he needs to do really good otherwise I don't know what will happen. Kicked out of school maybe? We kind of had some words about it, but it didn't get heated, which is good. We both understand each other and the view points we have on the situation. He will be able to graduate next year... maybe in fall, but for sure in the spring, so that isn't that bad. It means more student loans, but also a college degree. He made a comment about not even wanting to be in school anymore so I asked him why he didn't just drop out, but I don't think he wants to do that too. Besides, he already has so much invested, why just give up now. I don't know... anyways, we are on the same page again.

Actually, we've been really good these past couple of weeks. I know some of why we've been good and that is the fact that I haven't heard from Lee in over two weeks. Jay probably LOVES that fact, despite that fact that we don't talk about it. I, on the other hand, am somewhat divided. I love that Jay and I have been so good and have not be fighting, but when it is more than a week since I've gotten a letter, that usually means something is up. It's been since before his evaluation that I've heard from him and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I'm trying to hold off on writing him to see what is up because I know that Jay likes the fact that I haven't written yet. If you don't already know or haven't guessed, it's a complicated situation. Or maybe I just make it complicated. I don't know...

I wrote my first paper tonight. A short paper for abnormal psych and it was only a page and a little more. Pretty much all opinion based and it took maybe a half hour to write it. I knew it wouldn't take all that long so that is why I waited until tonight to write it. Jay and I also went to Best Buy to get the new Office 2007. They had it on sale and we had a $20 coupon from Best Buy so we got a pretty good deal on it and we put it on both computers. We figured since the school upgraded and already had issues opening up documents for class at home that it was time that we updated as well. I checked the price that we would have had to pay if we bought it from campus and it was about the same that we payed at Best Buy so I'm okay with what we paid. Jay is too. He also checked our current finances and we should be able to pay off his truck and our credit card debt and still be able to make it through the winter. I am excited about this prospect, yet we need to decide if that is the route that we are going to take.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: