Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bitter Sweet

It’s been a week of ups and downs for me, as I’m sure for so many others. I’ve been having a relatively decent week, but I cannot help feel for MckMama and her family at this time. If you haven’t heard… her youngest, Stellan, has been admitted to the PICU at Children’s Hospital for SVT. You should be able to click on the picture and get to her blog and updates of Stellan’s condition. MckMama is one of the bravest people I know (and I don’t even know her) and I can’t/won’t even pretend like I know what she and her family and presently going through. Please keep them and Stellan in your thoughts and prayers!

Prayers Please

Tomorrow is Thursday already… where does the time go? Like I said, for the most part I’ve been having a relatively good week. My therapy session went well on Monday and it totally rocked today! My client did great and I was so stoked throughout the whole thing because he was saying great ‘L’ words and ‘SH’ words! I couldn’t have been more elated! As well, one of the activities that he said that he really didn’t want to do, went over great! I was all prepared for us to only get half way through it before he gave up, but we did the whole activity! I was super excited! Most of my sessions this semester really have gone well, but today I could really pick up some progress. I think part of me is still flying high from it! And we didn’t even get to two of my activities so they can carry over until next week!

My audiology clinic also went really well yesterday! I got almost two hours of observing time in and got to see my mentor (grad student) do some ear molds. I had them done on me about a year ago, but it’s hard to watch what they are doing when you are the patient. It was really cool to be able to watch. And I got to give the pure tone air conduction test as well! It went pretty good too! I was a little apprehensive because there were two extra observers, but it went well!

So, there is this website that Jay checks pretty frequently that does predicted snow fall for the state. The guy who runs it is/was a meteorologist and is usually pretty accurate with his predictions. However, I am having a hard time believing what he is predicting for this coming weekend. He is saying that by Sunday morning we will have 8+ inches of snow! 8+ inches!!! NO WAY! You’d think that if we were going to get a snow storm THAT BIG that the weather people on TV would be predicting something like that as well. Right now the weather people are saying a mix of snow and rain for late Saturday into Sunday and that some people could wake up to a white ground on Sunday, but nothing even close to 8 inches. I hope this JohnDee guy is completely wrong because we do not need that much snow. And to make matters worse, he is predicting 6-12+ for next week! Are you serious! Keeping my fingers crossed that we will get none of that!

I am really looking forward to Friday! Specifically Friday night! I am meeting up with my sister and two cousins and their families for some Wii fun! My sister and I will be in the area because of our Great Grandma’s birthday party on Saturday and I thought it might be fun for all of us to get together and have some fun. I mean no one else could help decipher the weird code I got from Kelly Ripa stating ‘Ducks crawl tractor greens with sand shovels in stinky smelly golf bushes!’ I’m thinking it means something like ‘No one is cooler than me because I’m Ashley fricken you know my last name!’ Their help is definitely needed, lol! Plus we haven’t all gotten together in a while! And because I am looking forward to Friday so much… we need good driving weather!

Ayden told me he wants to eat at Mickey D’s tonight. I told him a while ago that we could go to a restaurant for supper sometime soon, but didn’t think that he would remember I said that. Wait, this kid remembers almost EVERYTHING now (including things he shouldn’t, like bad words that Jay says). So it’s off to Mickey D’s for supper. We haven’t been there in a while so I’m okay with that. It definitely not my favorite place to eat, but at least we don’t have to cook anything. Speaking of my son remembering everything… this past weekend he had quite the potty mouth. I attribute that to Jay because when he gets upset about something he says the first thing that comes to mind and that is usually something that he shouldn’t be saying. I’ve been reminding him more and more lately that we (he) needs to watch his mouth and I think Ayden repeating him this weekend has finally gotten that to sink in. It’s a joint effort. We’ve also talked to Ayden about why we cannot say those things and that mommy and daddy should not be saying them either and that we are working hard to be good too. The last thing I need is to get a call from daycare telling me that Ayden said something he shouldn’t.

Off to write my reflection for today’s therapy session!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: