Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tired

It’s been a long, but super fun weekend and it is only 2pm on Sunday afternoon! I still wish that it was Saturday so that I would have another day off because I am really tired today and motivated to do just about nothing.

Friday night was super long!!! Lasting until 4am Saturday morning and what a night it was!

Started out at 4:30pm when I left for my friend’s house in Green Bay. My drive was absolutely GREAT! The roads couldn’t have been better and I thoroughly enjoyed my drive. Despite the fact that I am pretty particular about the driving conditions that I like, I do enjoy getting to go above 30 mph every now and then. Most of the time when we are going ‘home’ Jay drives and in town I don’t ever get to go that fast. I certainly could, but I don’t speed (THAT bad) and would never risk it either. Lol! Anyways, I made it to my friend’s house a bit before she got there from work. She left a key outside for me so I could get in.

She got home and we proceeded to go out to eat with her parents and grandma before we went to the show. We went to go see Stomp. If you have never heard of them before or would like to know more… you can check them out here… the show was AMAZING! It was so worth the money and we had a great time! I was so glad that I decided to go!

After the show my friend and I headed out to Neenah to meet up with her boyfriend. I knew the night would be long as we didn’t hit the road until 11pm. I was so ready to stay at her place and hit the bed, but we had fun. We met up with her boyfriend and found out that a friend of his wanted us to join him (and some other people) at a house party out in Winneconne. Let the driving continue, lol! We drove all around! This time her boyfriend drove and we managed to only get semi lost. By the time we actually found the house it was probably 12:30-1am. It just so happened that we ended up at this HUGE (and I mean WAY MEGA SUPER HUGE) mansion. For those of you who might have heard of Myron Construction (of Wisconsin)… it was the company’s owner mansion. This place was      A…M…A…Z…I…N…G!

As it turns out, there was like 10 people there total and my friend only knew her boyfriend and his two friends. Me.. well, I didn’t know anyone besides my friend, but was quickly introduced. We ‘hung out’ until probably 2:30am and then headed out. My friend and I didn’t have anything to drink and I was really impressed with that from her. Not that she is a raging alcoholic, but I expected something. Her boyfriend didn’t even get drunk either.

And so we ended up back at her place by 4pm and went to sleep for about 5 hours until we had to get up and leave for our tattoo appointment. I was so out probably five minutes after my head hit the pillow!

Saturday morning (well later in the morning, lol) we got up and got ready to head off to Manitowoc to visit my friend’s cousin, the girl who was giving us our tattoos! Niki went first as her tattoo was smaller and less intricate. She was totally nervous as she hates needles, but survived quite nice! Lol! Oddly enough I was not nervous at all. I don’t know if it was because this was my third or because I was so at ease because we were having a grand ‘ole time chatting it up with her cousin. In any case, my tattoo turned out awesome! I totally love it!!! I won’t lie, it did hurt and at one point I was like, damn why am I doing this again, lol! But I made it through and I think just being able to talk about other stuff during it helped keep my mind off the pain. And then there were the instances where she kept hitting a nerve in my foot which made my leg and foot twitch. I was/am totally stoked with the outcome and super excited about it still!

After our tattoos were finished, Niki and I headed back to her place to make some cookies and use her Cricut! She had gotten it for Christmas and hadn’t used it yet. We were totally going to test drive it! Lol! I made two little cards for Ayden and Jay and by then it was time for me to head out and back to my boys!

Here is picture of it. It looks ‘wet’ because I had just gotten done putting some ointment on it. As well… you can ignore the white dot on the pink flower because that is some of the ointment and the cat hair that got stuck on it after the ointment was put on. Those are Ayden’s actual footprints from the day he was born (ie: reason for only four toes on the left foot and a ‘missing’ heel on the right foot) but I wanted them that way because then they are actually ‘his’. I’m in love!!!

DSC04861

I was so tired last night that I could probably have gone to bed as soon as I got home. I faded in and out from sleep from about 8-10pm when Jay and I finally went into the bedroom. And then I slept very soundly until this morning! My foot still hurts today (which I expected) and is a little swollen. I’ve kept it open (sock free) pretty much all day to get some air and am putting some salve on it. I am kind of dreading tomorrow when I have to wear a sock all day and shoes, but will survive. I can walk pretty well which is good.

Clinic tomorrow… not looking forward to it too much. I had so much trouble/lack of ambition in writing my last lesson plan that I am dreading writing the one for Wednesday. I am having so much trouble lately. I have a few other things that I need to get done this week as well… turning in my article name for my Hearing Science class (or finding another one if someone already has mine) and completing another assignment for my music class. Not really looking forward to that either, but gotta do what I gotta do. Totally lovin’ school right now, can’t you tell?

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: