Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bummer Dude!

Wouldn’t you know that after having everything planned out and ready to have an awesome good day with my guys and my sisters that something would go wrong?! It just seems like that would happen to me with everything else that I have been going through, but don’t fret my friends (I can call you my friends, right? Even though I don’t know everyone that happens upon my blog, I somehow feel kind of connected)… anyways, don’t fret because the day was salvaged.

What happened/went wrong? Well, my sister (older one… for those of you who don’t know me IRL: in real life or haven’t read more of my blog, I have a 19 year old sister named Emily and 4 1/2 year old half sister named Alexis) called me this morning letting me know that Alexis has the flu and wouldn’t be joining us on our excursion to Wild Air. I was totally bummed to find out, but luckily it was before we had left Point. I talked to my sister and we decided that it wouldn’t be worth the drive home in Alexis wouldn’t be joining us and that we would plan to do it another time.

Here comes the hard part, breaking it to Ayden that we were not going to Monkey Joe’s. Actually, we weren’t going to Monkey Joe’s in the first place, but instead of trying to explain that we were going to someplace like Monkey Joe’s, I just told him we were going there. I could see the disappointment in his face when I told him that Alexis was sick and that we were no longer going. It crushed me and we actually did consider going anyways without Alexis, but the drive is long. So what does awesome mommy do? She decides we are not sitting in the house bumming around all day long, but we are going to the water park that I wanted to earlier in the week. The drive is about half as long as it would be to Wild Air (even if it cost us a little more).

At first Ayden didn’t want to go to the water park, but I wasn’t about to sit in the house for another day. I was getting restless and was already looking forward to getting out for the day to go to Wild Air. Jay was okay with going as well and so right after lunch (we had an early one), we headed out to the water park. It was so much fun! And even though Ayden was a little hesitant at first he was all smiles the whole time we were there! It was great to get out of the house for a while and just have some fun! Ayden was a little too short to go down the big water slides, but there were some smaller ones that he got to go down and that was fun! I so thought about taking some pictures, but didn’t want to chance getting my camera wet and plus there were signs saying no cameras or cell phones (well on the door to the changing rooms, don’t know if it was for the whole water park or not, but didn’t see anyone else with any and thus left mine in my coat). We spent about two and a half hours there and then we all started to get cold and decided to call it a day. We got home around 3:30 and have been chillin’ for the rest of the afternoon. We were all pretty pooped from the water park.

I am sitting in the rocking chair right now listening to TSO (Trans Siberian Orchestra) on my ipod and just relaxing. I’m hoping to get some decent sleep tonight. Last night I couldn’t fall asleep until after midnight. Hoping tonight is better! Ayden is sleeping on our fold out couch tonight. It is his special treat for being such a good boy today, that… and he didn’t get to last night when he asked because it was already late when he went to bed.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get outside for a little while to play… maybe get some rollerblading in and get Ayden’s bike out. I know that he would like that… might hit up the park. I think that we are supposed to get some rain tomorrow, but I am hoping it holds off until later at night. Haven’t looked at the weather in a few days. And Jay really needs to clean out his truck, lol. I need to vacuum my car, but at least I took all of the garbage out of it last weekend. Mostly it was fruit snack wrappers from Ayden. Kids, I tell ya, lol!

I got to talk to my friend Mike again last night… it was great! We talked (IM’d) for about two hours! It was seriously awesome! Needs to happen more often! We were able to catch up on so much. He is one of about three friends that I met over the internet that I still keep in touch with. The other is Kristy, who I mentioned a few days ago, and then there is a girl from Australia that I catch up with every now and then, and ironically enough, I met her through one of her friends. Craziness, but awesomeness!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: