Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Going Away

I just got an email from Jay’s aunt asking if she could steal Ayden for the weekend. Well, she didn’t so much use the word steal, but asked if he would like to accompany her and her husband on a weekend away to the Dells. Of course she invited Jay and myself along (as they are meeting up with some other family), but secretly I think she only wants the kid. Lol, I know they’d welcome Jay and myself with open arms, but can Jay and I really give up a weekend alone?!

Part of me wishes to join them as we were talking about a trip to the Dells over break ourselves (here would be that opportunity) and part me wants to stay home and just chill. What to do… it doesn’t usually happen that Jay and I are home alone together for a weekend. I think we decided to stay home though. As much as I would enjoy a weekend at a water park, I think I can forgo it. Ayden is beyond excited and cannot wait to go! He had so much fun that one weekend he spent with Jay’s aunt and uncle’s house. And he will have his buddy there to play with as well! It will definitely be a fun weekend for him!

Two more days and Spring Break will officially be starting. I am so tempted to skip a class tomorrow or Friday, but here is the dilemma I face. Can’t really skip tomorrow because I am supposed to be the discussion leader for my class then and I’m pretty sure my partner would hate me for not coming. Can’t really skip Friday because I am too afraid that I would miss a possible quiz and not get any points for it. That class just so happens to be my Hearing Science class, in which I need all of the points that I can get. I did find out today that I did better on my test than one of my classmates (well, not just any classmate, but one of the other future aud grad students so I think of as pretty smart). I’m not trying to gloat or anything, but it makes me feel a little more prepared for next fall because I thought/still think that she is a lot smarter than me.

For the second time this year I have been nominated for something by some faculty member. A month or so ago my supervisor and boss at work nominated me for ‘Student Employee of the Year’ which was an awesome thing. I was so stunned that I almost started crying when they told me. Unfortunately I received a letter last week stating that I was not chosen. That was fine, it was just an honor to be nominated. Today I received an email from my clinic supervisor from last semester saying that she nominated me for ‘Outstanding Senior’ for this year. I was beyond surprised and am so thankful that she would even consider me. I won’t deny that I am smart in some areas, but no way do I consider myself someone outstanding. There are many other students involved in much more than myself that should probably be nominated. I feel so grateful this semester.

Despite my attitude about things on Monday night… I am having a great week! I’ve decided that I need to keep a positive outlook on things and because of that my week is going good! I was really tired today after therapy and could have taken a long long nap, but I think it was my lackage of food and caffeine because after supper I am feeling much better. And tonight… I think I might be able to con Jay into making us some slushies with our new blender. I’m hoping that they are going to turn out pretty yummy!

I finally slept good last night! I fell asleep before midnight and slept fitless. I don’t remember my dreams (but haven’t been remembering them a whole lot lately), but felt good when I got up. Ayden has been consistently letting us sleep in which is good on the respect that we get to sleep in, but kind of sucky because sleeping in day after day is only leading to me getting too much sleep. At least I think so… I am sure that there are people who would never think that you could get too much sleep. There has to be people like that and if you asked me a while ago, of course I would probably have said that as well!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: