Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Craptastic Parking

So, I wasn't a Bachelor watcher AT ALL this season, but I decided to watch the finale last night first because of the hype about what was going to happen and second because I had googled it and found some spoilers and wanted to know if they were right (they were)...

I've been reading a lot of negative comments about Jason and what he did... part of me sympathizes with him though. Do I agree with how he went about breaking up with Melissa and getting 'together' with Molly... no. Did he have to do it on national television... no. But in the end, should he have done it... yes. Why should he stay with someone he is not in love with anymore?

Without actually being in his shoes, no one will no what was going through his mind, but no body is perfect. When he proposed to Melissa... he thought he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. And how well did they really know each other? Seriously, isn't this show like six weeks long? These girls know going into this competition that the success rate of these relationships are next to none and that if they are kept until they end that they might very well come out of it heart broken. Yes, I am sure there are many more emotions involved and we are talking real people here... not fake drama. (Okay so it is reality TV... it very well could be highly scripted, lol).

Anyways, people break up all the time every day all over the world. What was really so wrong with Jason doing what was best for him? Should he have stayed in a loveless relationship just for Melissa's sake? Oh, I am sure she was mega hurt... very hurt... but who wouldn't be?

That is just my little viewpoint on the whole thing. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion about things... this is just how I see them. And the odds of him and Molly actually sticking together... well we've all seen previous seasons. What, have like two or three couples actually survived? Oh well... it was definitely good for ratings I'm sure. Maybe now Melissa will be the next Bachelorette because she was so heart broken and then she can do it to some guy? Gotta love reality TV!!!

Okay, off of the topic of the Bachelor... my week has been pretty good so far. I mean it is only Tuesday so a lot can happen by the end of the week. But my Monday and Tuesday have been pretty good. I had therapy yesterday and the session went really well. I wasn't looking forward to it, but once we are in there and start playing together, the time goes pretty fast. And my write ups went pretty fast last night too. Always a good thing!

I had my Aud clinic today, but because they were at a different location this morning my observing time was cut in half. That was okay with me. I got to sit in on another hearing aid consult and this one was pretty interesting too. The client even asked my opinion on it and I was a little caught off guard. I thought I answered his question pretty well, but because I didn't really know anything about the hearing aids, I pretty much said everything that he already knew. He was a very nice client though which was awesome! Always a good thing!

After that I got to be privy to a very funny conversation of quite a few classmates of mine. You see, they have this education class (something I don't have/need because I am not going to work in schools/get certified to work in schools because I don't want to work in schools) and it sounds pretty ridiculous to me. And they would definitely agree with me! Apparently they have to write 3 20 page papers (with partners) that are only worth 10 points, in fact the whole class is only worth 10 points, they are supposed to be participating in some discussions that they didn't even know about which are worth a 1/4 of their 10 points... etc... etc... etc... it was just so hilarious listening to them vent about it! Quite the highlight of my day thus far!

The rest of the week is probably going to be rather uneventful. Or at least that is what it is looking like right now. Therapy tomorrow... and no big assignments due at all. We are headed home again this weekend Friday night. Jay has to ref at the little kids tournament in town on Saturday. I used to be a score keeper for a couple of years, but haven't in a while. It was always lots of fun. During the time that Jay is gone we will most likely visit with my mom or dad. Speaking of that, I still need to get my mom something for her birthday. I got a 30% off coupon to JCPenney's that starts tomorrow so I am going to go over there and see if I can find something for her. I am sure I can... or maybe find something for me, lol!

The one major downside to arriving on campus later each morning this semester is the craptastic parking that I get. Seriously, last semester I had great parking and got the first parking spot on the road almost EVERY day… this semester I am parking at least a block or two farther away. I suppose that it is better than having to pay for parking or take the bus (well with taking Ayden to daycare right before I go to school that wouldn’t really be possible)… but in any case… it sucks. I’ll survive a little more once the weather gets warm, but it seriously takes me about 15 minutes to walk to my car from work on campus. Well, it doesn’t help that my work is on the opposite side of campus from where I park each day. I suppose I just might survive, but I needed to vent a little bit about it.

Our Tuesday night is going pretty good. We had some yummy tacos (although not as yummy as Hu Hot… where my cousin is taking her niece tonight for her birthday present, and a pedicure… how sweet!). I told my cousin that if we had a Hu Hot in Point I would totally drag Jay and tell him that it was her fault because she put it up on her Facebook status, kind of like how she used that the last time she went with her hubby. It was too funny and cute!

I totally have a music assignment that I should be doing right now that I am putting off. We have to listen to this piece of music and critique it and everything. I am so bad at that because I can never hear anything in the music other than the music. Well the overall music… if that makes any sense, lol! Thus far the class has been super easy and hasn’t required all that much time and effort so I guess it isn’t too bad. The assignment is due on Friday so I have a few days to work on it yet. I thought I would get most of it done tonight though because this is my one night of the week where I don’t have clinic stuff to worry about, even though my clinic stuff for tomorrow night shouldn’t be too bad. I just can’t seem to get myself overly motivated these past couple of weeks. A growing trend, eh? But we are almost done with the semester and my grades are good so nothing to worry about.

I’m pretty sure that a bowl full of ice cream is calling my name!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

agk11808 said...

HuHot was sooooo good! plus I told the waitress it was Amelya's birthday and she got a cake for dessert (like the one I got at my bach party..and didn't share!)! She loved every second of it (i think :) )