Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Moving on Forward

Yesterday I was forced to meet with my speech supervisor and have a sit down meeting regarding my mid-term clinic grade. She literally grabbed me and pulled me into her office. Okay, so that didn't really happen, but it would have added to the drama in my life right now had it. Actually, the meeting was planned and I thought I was going to be nervous, but I totally wasn't which was great. My supervisor this year is awesome (well both supervisors that I've had for speech have been awesome) and it makes it easier for me to not be nervous. We had our little meeting and talked about my grade and my client and wouldn't you know, for the third semester in a row, my speech clinic grade has been a 100%! How great is that! And believe me, they want me to go speech down there (and by down there I am referring to our garden level (basement) clinic on campus. Sorry everyone, lol! But it does make me feel a little good that I am doing so well. I don't think I necessarily deserve an A+ as I feel I am improving all the time, but I've never done this good in anything for school yet and this is probably like the most important thing because it is taking everything that we've learned in the past four years and applying it to therapy. And to think I was nervous back in the fall!

But I think I sort of screwed myself, lol! See, I have my audiology clinic as well which is part of my speech clinic grade and I had that mid-term practical exam today. I totally got an A on it, but didn't get an A+. Wasn't expecting an A+ either, but that is okay. Only now my final practicum grade overall will not be an A+. Kind of confusing, I know, but you just might get my drift. Anyways, kind of disappoints me, but in no way compares to the horrid grade that I got on my Hearing Science test. No fear, I passed it, but not by much. Thankfully the professor is offering us half of our points back that we missed if we correct our wrong answers and is going to grade some of the other questions less drastically as well. I am hoping to come out with at least a 'B' when all is said and complete. Keeping my fingers crossed!

All in all my aud practical exam went well today. My one friend who I had asked to do it called and cancelled. She lives about 45 minutes away and the roads were pretty icy at her house and wasn't going to trek in for just that and one class. I totally understood, especially since she would be putting not only her life, but her son's at risk too. I could ask another friend. Said next friend couldn't make it either because she is pretty sick. Also, understand, but was beginning to get nervous because I didn't know who else to ask. Thankfully our ComD (Communicative Disorders) class is pretty tight and so I found another student in my class and asked her. She was able and I was/am still so appreciative of her! She did great! I know she doesn't read this, but THANKS AGAIN JORDAN!!! I could have easily asked my grad student mentor, but didn't want to do it on him because obviously he knows everything that I need to be doing in the first place. It would have just increased the anxiety/nervousness going through me. Overall it went really good and I got a 94% on it. Well I need to turn in the written part yet, but that wasn't too hard because everything was normal. I emailed my grad student (like how I lay claim to him, lol) and asked him to look over my report for me. He's great and will. And I know he doesn't read this as well, but THANKS CHAD! Speaking of aud clinic, today our second client cancelled so I got to wear jeans! I almost didn't and was dressed up and ready to go, but I got Chad's email before I left the house and quickly changed. Will save the clothes that I did have on for clinic tomorrow (which I am hoping just might get cancelled due to the high winds that they are expecting), just maybe, right? And then no clinic for a week and a half! Yeah!

Our Spring Break plans have kind of been foiled. We I really wanted to go to the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells sometime next week to enjoy some time away and enjoy their mega indoor water parks. I think it would be SO much fun! Wouldn't you know that the awesome deals that they have going on are for this week and the week AFTER Spring Break. Seriously, why would you do that? The cheapest I could find a room for next week, and I'm talking I checked every day of the week, was about $180! For ONE night!!! I had asked my sister if she wanted to join with a friend because that would cut our costs down, but adding her and her friend jacked the price to over $200! I was fine paying $100, but making her and her friend pay $50 a piece was a little expensive for one night. Plus they would have to drive all the way from GB to either our place or the Dells and then back. Needless to say, just a little disappointed. We may still hit up the water park in Wausau though. Don't know yet... I'll just be excited to have a week off.

Ayden and I totally hit up the snow piles yesterday after we got home from school. He was already soaked and sodden, so I donned some snow pants and boats and joined him in a super fun snow ball fight. We tubed a little bit, built a snow ball wall, and had just a grand old time. I don't remember when my mouth hurt so much from smiling and laughing. He always makes everything seem okay! And the fresh air definitely did him good because he slept until 8:30am this morning! That rarely happens!

Jay and I have started a new incentive thing for Ayden. We used to do this sticker chart thing and it worked really well for about six months, but we have been slacking on that a lot lately. Recently we decided that Ayden could earn money for the things he wanted because he doesn't need a toy every time we go to the store. (I'm pretty bad about that one, those $1 novelty toys suck me in.) Well, last night as we were doing some grocery shopping, I decided that I didn't think Ayden should only be doing work when he wanted a dollar. So in response to that, I bought a transformer (he picked it out) and explained to him that it was coming home with us, but we were not going to be opening it. In order for him to actually get to open the transformer, he was going to have to work for it. I thought that this might work a little better since he would be physically seeing it. I made up a sticker chart with 12 days on it and he will get a sticker for each day that he picks up his toys at the end of the day/helps around the house/etc... I explained that once the sheet was full, he would be able to open the transformer. Last night... he did great. Jay and I also decided that we are not going to use it as a punishment thing either and threaten that if he has a bad attitude/crabby/etc... that he is not going to get a sticker. It is going to be purely on what he does to help around the house. So far so good…

I totally missed NCIS tonight. It’s the first night that we are going to actually watch it on regular TV (and not just old episodes from USA), and wouldn’t you know I got the time wrong. I was all excited to see a new episode and nope, The Mentalist is on. Kind of a bummer, but oh well.

I got my hair chopped tonight and highlighted. Nothing over special or too short, but I needed a bit of a change and I am really liking it. I think next time I am going to go a little shorter and a little different with the color… maybe after graduation! It was just time for a little change and color. I haven’t gotten my hair cut since September so it needed it really bad!

Okay, this post is getting really long, so if you are still with me, enjoy the rest of your day!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: