Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blogging Lull

I haven’t felt much like blogging lately… and even though I did some last week it feels like I haven’t done any in a LONG time, but I suppose that that might make sense since I haven’t really done any in three days and what I did write on Thursday was quick for me. So… it’s time for me to get some writing done, well maybe a little bit.

Friday was a pretty decent day. My one class went well and after that I met up with a classmate quick to make up a sign-up chart for our professor to take to another class. His students in his other class are going to sign up for hearing screenings for the three future grad students to complete in two weeks. My friend and I thought the sign up sheet was pretty good, in fact perfect actually. She put it in our professors mail box as he was not in his office. We (the three aud undergrads) get an email from him yesterday saying that the sign-up sheet isn’t conducive to easy sign ups and wanted one of us to email it to him so he could change it. I emailed it to him, but frankly… I was rather upset. I didn’t let this be known (except to Jay) as I had no idea how it was not EASY for students to sign up. However, apparently he knows what he is talking about and will fix it for us. Whatever though… just thought my friend and I had done a pretty decent job.

Jay didn’t have to work on Friday like he had though so we were able to leave right after picking Ayden up from school. This was actually kind of nice because we were able to go to Jay’s grandma’s for some potato pancakes for supper. This way we didn’t have to worry about making anything ourselves or Jay’s mom worrying about cooking for us… and Jay’s grandma was really happy that we were able to make it. And… the pancakes were SO YUMMY! It has to be almost three years (or more) since Jay and I have been over there to have any. I know we went one other time, but can’t remember if that was before or after Ayden was born. In any case… it was nice.

After the yummy supper we had, we headed over to my cousin’s house for our Wii-a-thon! It turned out to be so much fun! Or at least I enjoyed it… seemed like everyone else had a good time as well. I must say that my son was rather wild, almost to the point of annoying. Yes, I know, I just called my son annoying. He did have some orange soda before we went so that might have contributed to his rowdiness, but we were also around new people so he always gets kind of weird. After a while he settled down a little bit and wasn’t so bad and had fun playing with my cousin’s kids. It was a fun night all around…

…well, except for the drive from Point. I’m neglecting to mention the argument that Jay and I had that lasted precisely… THE WHOLE HOUR AND A HALF DRIVE! Ugh… it was so stupid too! And then all of a sudden it was like it never happened. I was happy that Ayden slept the whole way. Ugh… whatever… but the rest of the night and weekend went SO much better!

For being someplace other than my own bed Friday night, I slept pretty well, but in my defense, I was pretty zonked by the time I went to bed. It wasn’t necessarily a peaceful sleep, but it was a deep one and I had the first dream that I’ve been able to remember most of in a LONG time! And I had another one Saturday night that I remembered a lot of too. It has been weeks since I’ve woken up and actually remembered more than only a tiny fragment of a dream. And the one Friday night was really weird, lol!

Saturday was my Great Grandma’s surprise birthday party another another cousin’s house. That went well too! They had an Easter egg hunt for the little kids which I thought was totally cool… but we really don’t get together for Easter on that side so that was probably why they had it this weekend. And the weather wasn’t too horrible either. Ayden was pretty clingy for the first half and then he finally opened up and played with some of the other little kids. It was kind of sad that we had to leave when we did because I know that he was just starting to really have lots of fun, however I didn’t want to get home at 10pm or run into bad weather. Luckily we had good weather the whole drive and woke up to maybe an inch or so of snow (which melted by early afternoon). Plus, it was also nice to get home and just have some relaxing time before diving into bed. I was SO tired last night too! Slept really good! I could have slept way later than I did, but glad that Ayden got me up at 8am.

I cannot say that today was very productive, but I did get some stuff done. I did three loads of wash, Jay cleaned the kitchen, I swept the kitchen and dining area, vacuumed the living room and hallway, made the bed, watched a Lifetime movie, spent way too much time on Facebook or checking blogs, went to the park, and then finally got out my hearing science to start studying for the test on Wednesday (which I’m still going to attempt to do more of tonight), and then running to Walmart for some printer ink for clinic things. So… not a complete day of just lounging and laying around.

I wouldn’t have gone to the park, but Ayden came into the bedroom while I was watching my movie and said ‘it is such a beautiful day to go to the park’ and I couldn’t resist. That… and he was such a GREAT boy during my movie with hardly bothering me at all. He is just so content building transformers with his legos these days. So, off to the park it was! I didn’t really enjoy it because it was cold and windy, but Ayden and Jay had lots of fun playing with the sand. We could have stayed probably for another hour, but after one hour I started to shiver and decided it was time to go. Plus… Jay was going to make some sturgeon for supper and he didn’t know how long it was going to take to bake.

The sturgeon turned out great! I haven’t had any in a long time and Ayden ate it like a champ. I was so surprised that he didn’t put up more of a fuss about it. He came to Walmart with me tonight and was SO good as well! We looked at the toy and he didn’t ask ONCE for anything. In face, he even told me that we were just going to look and not buy anything. On our way to the checkout I told him that he could get a piece of candy for being so good and he said he wanted to play a game instead. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any coins to play a game. We happened across the party aisle and saw some Transformer party supplies. Ayden decided right then and there that he was going to have a Transformer birthday party this year. They also had some stickers for cheap so I told him that he could get the stickers instead of candy if he wanted since he was so good. Stickers it was and as soon as we got home he proceeded to put them on a sheet of paper and hang it next to our TV.

It’s been a great weekend… YEAH! And I feel so much better after being able to get some writing done. I know, I’m crazy, you don’t have to tell me twice!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: