Friday, February 20, 2009

Duddy Duplex

Last night Jay called me right after his night class to let me know that we could finally go look at his (and JT’s) friend’s duplex that I had previous talked about. I was like… OMG, serious!? Because I had pretty much given up on going to look at it and was really trying to not get my hopes up. The whole way there I really didn’t get my hopes up either because I was pretty sure it wasn’t going to be something that we wanted. As it turns out, I was right.

Don’t get me wrong, the duplex was really nice, for a single person or a couple, but for us (meaning with Ayden and all the toys he comes with) it really wouldn’t be worth it. The place is smaller than our current place. Pretty much like our old apartment with a basement. The plusses were the great yard and two car garage and not having to pay for water. The minuses were the smaller rooms, higher electricity and having to pay for heat (which in the winter would probably end up costing us more than where we are living now).

In the end, I was glad that we were able to look at it so I didn’t have to wonder anymore and really I wasn’t all that disappointed when we left because I hadn’t gotten my hopes up. It’s not that we are actively looking to move, but if the right place comes along, we might just jump on it. Because really the only negatives where we are now is the fact that we have neighbors and it is not a private residence. I really like the layout of our current place and our rent is fairly cheap for what other places like ours are going for. For example… a new complex (huge!) went up last year and their apartments are almost identical to ours (and our building is only like 7 years old) and they are charging upwards of $715/month for our size place. We pay almost $100 less than that for our place. And really we haven’t had any major complaints. Still happy with our place!

The plan for the weekend is still pretty much undecided. Jay is pretty sure that he wants to go home tonight sometime because sturgeon spearing is still open. I haven’t decided if I want to go with him tonight and all of us just stay the whole weekend or me and Ayden go home tomorrow in time for me to make it to the play. I’m leaning towards us all going home at the same time because then we don’t have to take two vehicles and I don’t have to drive. Plus, then I will be able to go out on the lake tomorrow with Jay and Ayden and get some good pictures. I was sad that I missed that opportunity last weekend (even though Jay’s mom did get some). And I know that even if I did stay here in Point until tomorrow afternoon, I probably wouldn’t get anything extra done in the area of school/studying.

Plus, if we go home tonight, we might venture to Hu Hot on our way home for supper. We got some teriyaki chicken thing from the grocery store the other night and made it last night, and needless to say, it turned out like crap! And it made both Jay and myself start to crave Hu Hot. I’m all for going, but also know that we just ate out on Tuesday night (right? can’t remember) at Dairy Queen. And ate out the Thursday before at Fazoli’s. Too much eating out for us, but in my opinion we need to take every advantage of Hu Hot that we can because we don’t have one near us and thus cannot eat there every often. Only this time we will forgo the appetizers and dessert in favor of a cheaper bill, lol!

If we all go home tonight that means I have to pack pretty much as soon as I get home from campus today. I despise packing (even though I am really good at it) because I’ve been doing it for as long as I can remember. Back in high school I used to live out of a duffel bag between my mom and dad’s house. Oh the joys of that! My brother still does that!

Tomorrow night is WICKED!!! I’m getting more excited about it! There are 11 of us girls going and I’m effectively the youngest. Ah, but that doesn’t matter because they are all part of Jay’s family of which I get along great with. Should, right? Jay and I have been dating for five and a half years now. It will be a good time!

And it seems like next weekend is pretty much a go as far as getting my new tattoo. This is specifically for my cousin Amy (because she asked) but also for anyone else who happens to be interested. You can find a picture of what I’m pretty sure will be my newest tattoo here. I’m thinking about getting it in the top corner of my left foot kind of angled shrunk to about three inches across (and the footprints and ‘believe’ in black). I’ve talked to the tattoo artist and she thinks it should work. I’m super excited and yet a teensy bit worried about the pain. My sister has one on the top of her foot and told me that it definitely doesn’t feel good, but she survived and she is a baby when it comes to pain. Plus, I got one on the underside of my wrist already and that wasn’t exactly a walk in the park either.

DSC04797

Here is a picture of it. It stands for persistence and I am still in love with it after having it for almost four years. I’ve had a few people question my motives for getting it on my wrist. Concerned about future job opportunities. Thus far, haven’t had any problems with that. It’s called long sleeves at the job interview. In any case, if someone didn’t hire me because of a small tattoo, it probably wasn’t a place that I wanted to work at anyways (even though they couldn’t legally not hire me because of my tattoo. Or could they? I don’t know all the rules/laws about that stuff). I also have a baby angel on my back. It’s not so low that you could see it at the edge of my pants if I bent over with a short shirt on, but more in the mid to low portion. The baby angel is sitting on a cloud and has Ayden’s name written above it.

Most of the time I even forget I have that one because I don’t see it on a daily basis. Actually, a lot of the time I forget I even have the one on my wrist even though I see it multiple times during the day. I see it, but don’t really see it, you know. I know, I’m crazy. I was itching at getting something else pierced (do I have some sort of infinity for pain? lol!) but couldn’t think of something that I wanted done. Thought for a little while about the tongue, but thought since I am doing speech therapy that probably wouldn’t be such a good thing.

Okay, I’ve totally rambled on long enough… hope you aren’t sleeping already!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

3 comments:

agk11808 said...

very cute tattoo!!! sad how addictive tattoos and piercings are! anyway love it, i can't believe it has been a year since i got my tattoo...that is a record for me!

amanda said...

hu hot. yummy. i was there last night. mmmmmm. i could totally go again.

D.M. said...

we're wrist tattoo twins! ha ha. I got mine five-ish years ago and hardly even notice it now. sometimes people will point it out to me and I'm like "oh yea!" I looked too and it didn't show up at all in any of my wedding pics. Ok, all that to say - good choice on the wrist tat and good luck with your new one!!!