Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hula Hoop Calorie Incinerator!

I totally rocked the super hula hoop game on Wii Fit tonight and dang if I was huffing and puffing at the end of the three minutes. I will not for a second disagree that I am out of shape, but I totally kicked Jay’s butt in it! And my knees hurt after the three minutes because apparently I’m bad at moving my hips while standing up straight. Don’t know… but I had fun tonight!!! I even unlocked some more games, too much fun!

I am totally sitting on here and blogging when I should be working on my video self evaluation for therapy. We have to tape one of our sessions and evaluate ourselves by answering like four pages of questions. I taped my session on Monday (which wasn’t one of the better ones) and because of confidentiality reasons we cannot take the tape out of the clinic and thus have to answer the questions/review the tape while we are at the clinic. Because Jay picked Ayden up from daycare today, it would have been the perfect time to stay after and watch the tape. First reason I did not… I was lazy and didn’t want to.  Second reason I did not… I was lazy and didn’t want to. Third reason I did not… I hate seeing and hearing myself on tape! So, Jay doesn’t have class tomorrow (but will probably have to work due to the incoming snow) and so I am going to probably stay after tomorrow and watch it and write up my evaluation. I don’t really want to and could probably put it off until next week or whatever, but I might as well get it done seeing I have two tests next week that I REALLY need to get studying for!

My audiology clinic went really well today! I went about a half hour early because there were two evaluations that we were going to do today and I wanted to see most of both of them. We had an adult and a child. Both were pretty cool even though I didn’t really do anything. I got to the adult one just a few minutes after they started and thus missed them doing otoscopy. It would have been pretty cool to take a look into this client’s ears because apparently his ear drums were really sucked in. Something you don’t see very often. Learn something new every day!

Then I had my social gerontology class and that went relatively fast today despite the boringness that usually surrounds it and then work for a little while. I’m really tired today though and that is probably another reason for my slacking on my video eval. I didn’t fall asleep until after midnight last night, even though I shut the TV off at 10:30pm. I had too much stuff running through my mind and no matter how many times I told myself to quit thinking, my mind would inevitably wander off to something else.

We went to Dairy Queen for supper tonight. I was all content to have leftovers at home and really we should probably have stayed, but Jay wanted to go out. I caved and we did. We have never been to Dairy Queen in Point in the almost four years that we have lived here! It was pretty good and then of course we got ice cream! I was a little disappointed at the kids meal and Ayden only getting two chicken strips. Seriously, I paid like almost $4 for two chicken strips, a little thing of applesauce and an ice cream cone. Is that worth it? I dunno… but he ate it all and said he was full so that was good. Jay was pretty happy with his burger and I with mine. Nothing over the top, but better than Mickey D’s I think. We actually haven’t been to McDonald's in a while. Fine with me…

Ayden’s teacher emailed the SLP from our clinic and she said that the SLP would be able to do an informal eval on Thursday so that is good. Like I said, I can tell you the errors he’s making already, what I really want is an opinion on whether or not he should be in therapy for it. I did a little bit of stimulability testing with him tonight for /v/ (the lines and then a letter, mean the sound of the letter) and he was able to make the sound and then we practiced some words. He was doing pretty good, but obviously still uses /b/ in conversation. It’s all a slow process.

I think new episodes of Paranormal State are on tonight… really love that show too!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: