Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wicked Weekend!

My weekend was pretty amazingly good! It was nice to get away and not really have anything to worry about school/homework wise, however I have to say that other than my clinic stuff, I have been good on the homework. It’s the reading from the textbooks that I am majorly slacking on. But wouldn’t you know, that the tests that I am supposed to be having tomorrow and Tuesday have been moved to Thursday and Friday. Seriously, how great is that?! I was really happy about that because it saved me from having to worry about studying over the weekend. We were gone so my ambition to do any studying really was lacking!!!

We decided to head out Friday night around 4pm so we could get to Hu Hot at a relatively decent time and wouldn’t have to wait in line for a long time. Waiting with an anxious four year old isn’t always sunshine. I think we left by like 4:30pm which was fine. I was slow with the packing and we weren’t really in all that big of a hurry either. The drive to Hu Hot was smooth until Jay and I heard that we were supposed to get four plus inches of snow on Saturday. Neither of us thought we were going to get any snow. Jay said that if he had known he would have stayed here in Point to work. We were both super surprised because just a few days earlier we were supposed to have a clear weekend. Although, we don’t watch the news/weather on a daily basis either and know full well that it can change in a few days. In any case, we made it to Hu Hot just fine.

Our supper was AMAZING!!! This time it wasn’t as expensive because we didn’t get any appetizers or dessert. And we even ran into my cousin Amy. She claims that I made her crave Hu Hot because I had my status on Facebook that we were going and her sister had gone just the night before. Sure… she was just using us as an excuse, lol.. jk! It was nice to run into her and her hubby though! They were just getting their food as were leaving. We had about a five minute wait in line, they had probably a half hour wait in line. Heck, I’d almost wait an hour in line (without Ayden) to get some food from that place. I was excited to go!

DSC04801

Ayden with his crayons and menu at Hu Hot. We were waiting for the waitress to come so we could order our drinks and get up to get going on our super yummy supper! Our waitress was so funny and nice. It sucks when you get someone who isn’t very good. We left her a nice tip! She made our supper even better!

 

 

After our yummy super supper we finished our trip by ending up at Jay’s parent’s house and played Wii with them. It was so funny watching Jay hula hoop and of course he had to try to be the best and win every game. He was even bragging this morning about his high scores that he got the night before. Men, lol!

Saturday was sturgeon spearing for Jay out on the lake. Ayden got up really early which was kind of a bummer because I was still tired. We ventured out in the snow to Jay’s grandma’s (Jay’s mom did all the driving) for a yummy yummy brunch. We all gathered because Jay’s aunt was home from Iowa and we don’t get to see her often (and she doesn’t get to see us often either) so it was family visiting time. It was fun and the food was so yummy and we got to see people try and make it off the lake on a steep slippery road. That was rather amusing, lol!

Unfortunately, Jay didn’t get a sturgeon this year. He didn’t even see one which kind of sucked, but he didn’t seem as mad this time after he was done. We spent the majority of the day down at his grandma’s house. Finally got showered and ready for the play (Wicked) at around 2pm. We left around 4 (back out in the icky snowy crappy weather!)…

Wicked was AMAZING!!! I’m so glad that I went, definitely worth the money (even though I got my ticket as a Christmas present). We were really far back though, third row from the back. I really wish I would have brought my glasses along because then I would have been able to see better. It wasn’t as bad when the stage was lit up, but on the darker scenes thing tended to blur together a little bit. Even so, it was really good! I had even reminded myself earlier in the week to bring them so I would be able to see better. The three hours that the play was went really fast, although I started to get a case of restless leg syndrome towards the end because of having to sit still so long.

The group that went to Wicked… minus Jay’s grandma… the ‘Cook’ women!!! Aren’t we a great bunch?!

DSC04813

Today has been just one of those lazy days. We chilled at Jay’s parents this morning and got home around 2pm. I’m doing laundry now and catching up on all of my blogs. Always fun to read a bunch when I don’t go on the computer for a few days. Just having a relaxing afternoon at home. It was nice to get away, but it is always nice to come home as well. Even if sometimes I do have to deal with noisy neighbors.

Jay thought that maybe next weekend he would go to state wrestling (especially if anyone from our home town made it, I mean his dad is the head coach after all), but he told me today that he was just going to chill with Ayden next weekend and forgo state. Especially since he/we will be travelling the following weekend for the little kids tournament that he will be reffing for. And it’s for sure… I’m getting a new tattoo next week, well pending decent driving weather for me. I won’t drive if the weather is bad.

CIAO for now… laundry is calling!!!

LOVE ME!

0 comments: