Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where’s my shows?

I’m having a pretty great Wednesday (despite the fact that none of my shows were on last night). I think I mixed them up with Wednesday instead. Oh well, doesn’t really matter anyways because I found something else to watch.

Last night I was able to talk to my friend Lee (twice actually) which was really good. He had a court date regarding paternity of his daughter and he said it went really good. I was glad to hear that. Neither of our conversations was very long, but it was nice to talk anyways. He also told me during the first one that he was in a bit of an agreement (for lack of a better word) with a close friend and was actually sick to his stomach about it. But in the span of four hours or so before his second call they must have had a pretty good talk because things were good again. I was really glad to hear that as well! And best part (even though Jay disliked the fact that we talked, and twice) we didn’t argue about it AT ALL! Oh how I love when that happens even more than the phone calls themselves! Great night! Except, the past two nights I have been having a hard time falling asleep. I don’t know why either. Probably because I lay down an hour earlier to watch TV and then try to fall asleep. Oh well, got to sleep in a little bit this morning.

We got the predicted snow that was coming. About two inches and it was the wet stuff that makes every soupy like. Good for the roads because it melted right off and I had no problems with them this morning (other than our stupid parking lot that STILL was not plowed at 10am!). I dropped Ayden off at school and then headed off to campus. I got there a little early and checked to see if my client had cancelled for today (no such luck) and then proceeded to study some hearing science (topic of choice today was… decibels!). I ended up studying with a bunch of people from my class. I would use the term study pretty loosely because we complained more about the class than anything. Although on the bright side, we didn’t have a quiz today!

Actually I think today was one of the best days for hearing science so far because it was a big review day and now I totally know what we are supposed to be studying for our test next week. I feel much more prepared and confident about my lack of knowledge.

After hearing science I was all set to get my therapy materials ready, since I had checked my phone and no call from the parents. I went down to the clinic and checked the board one last time for any cancellations (I mean you never know, right?) and lucky me, my client called and cancelled. Well, actually his dad called and let us know that he is sick today. Poor kid… but I’m happy to have a session off. That means no worries about clinic stuff until Monday when I have it because I already have everything together and ready. Oh how I am so happy about that! That technically gives me more time today to go and work on my videotaped self evaluation, but I am really not in the mood to today either. In fact, I emailed my supervisor and let her know that my plan was to complete the form on Monday. I’m pretty sure that she will have no qualms with that. And with my free time… I am going to go home and watch TV. Okay, so that is probably what will happen (I’m at work right now), but I do have every intention of taking notes for hearing science… AFTER eating some lunch of course.

LATER…

I got home and wouldn’t you know, ate some lunch and then chatted on the phone with my friend until it was time to go and get Ayden from school. Got a whole lot of studying done there, didn’t I? But chatting with her then means I can get some notes done tonight. Especially since neither of the shows that I was anticipating to watch tonight are on. Hello, I thought Paranormal State and Millionaire Matchmaker were on Tuesdays. Apparently I was mistaken. And wouldn’t you know that neither of them are on tonight either. Hmmm… what is a girl to do? Study I guess, or blog, or watch her son play Monster Jam on Playstation.

We went grocery shopping after getting Ayden. Jay said that we didn’t have any food in the house so we went and got some. And then came home and put groceries away and FINALLY got started on my studying. Yes my faithful readers, my hearing science book and notebook is out and I have started studying. Key word… started. It is going to be a long process, lol!

I told Jay tonight about my plan to get another tattoo possibly next weekend. He wasn’t too happy about the idea because he wanted to get our next ones together. Well, he can’t decide what he wants and so on and so forth and I’ve been given this opportunity so I am going to take it. I don’t know. He got kind of huffy about it and then got really annoying. I think he is just jealous. He liked the design I had made up though. I’m excited and hope that my friend’s cousin is able to do them!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

agk11808 said...

a new tattoo?!?! do tell what are you planning???