Monday, February 16, 2009

Up and Down

Kind of having one of those blah days (or at least feeling that way currently as I write this) and it's Monday, ugh another start to another week (but Not Me's make it at least worth it!)...

I got up about a half hour early this morning. My alarm was set for 7:30, yes I know that some would definitely call that sleeping in, heck I think it is too, but if I wouldn't have had the alarm set I would not have got up until probably 8am. As it turns out, I was in the shower by 7am. My body woke me up at 6:30am and I had to pee and I was too lazy to get out of bed, but by 7am I HAD to go and was already pretty much all the way awake.

I got ready for my day and missed my boys. They will be home when I get there in about a half hour, YEAH! I cursed the cat for stinking up the kitchen and living room (I even actually moved to the bedroom to watch TV in efforts to escape the stink and having to actually clean the litter box for the THIRD time this weekend). And okay, so I didn't actually curse the cat either, but I thought it. I also texted Jay and told him what he needed to do when he got home- i.e. clean litter box ASAP! He agreed!

I had my conference with Ayden's teacher this morning and it went really well. She told me mostly good things and many things I already knew. It was reassuring to know that he is doing well and she thinks he is very smart. She did tell me that at some points he can be quite timid. Someone who spends enough time around him like Jay or myself (or even Jay's parents and my parents) would think the kid doesn't have a shy bone in his body. Okay, so we all know that he is shy at first, but after a while. And besides, he has quite the sass as well. But I also know that he is reacting different to authority from other people. He gets very upset easily when he is told he cannot do something by someone other than the people he is most familiar with. As well, his teacher also said that if for example someone takes a toy away from him, my sweet little boy really doesn't care and will walk away to do something else. Now, it's nice that he isn't putting up a fight or hitting and punching said child, but he can be a little more self confident and use his words to let this child know he doesn't like that. If this were the case at home, he would probably launch himself right on top of me or Jay and start wrestling us for it back. It is something his teacher said that she was going to try and work on with him more.

Also, we discussed her concerns about his speech and decided to have the SLP who visits twice a week to work with other children (who also happens to come from 'my' clinic and was my supervisor for the first three weeks of last semester) do an informal test with Ayden, hopefully tomorrow, and see what she suggests. His teacher did state that the SLP had listened to Ayden a little bit previously and stated that he was right on the edge of some sounds. I can tell you right now that he changes /l/ (oops, sorry, using my speech markings with you), changes L like in like to W's so he would say wike. He also changes his V's to B's, G’s and K’s to D’s and T’s. Those are some that I can pick up on off the top of my head, and also happen to be the same ones I am working on with my current client.

Later on tonight… I am feeling a little bit better right now, well my emotional state that is. As I said earlier I was feeling kind of blah. Part of that reason was due to an incident that happened on Saturday. An incident that was completely an accident, yet led to some undesired consequences for a friend which led me to worry pretty much all Sunday and today. I heard from my friend today and although life isn’t perfect, I feel MUCH better about the situation and know that everything happens for a reason. Right? There’s what you do and what you don’t do. There’s believing in something bigger than us. I’m more at peace with it all and it has definitely released some of my tension.

And guess what?! I got to see my boys!!! Oh how I missed my hugs and smooches and wouldn’t you know that I got one of each from both boys right after they entered the house! It was great to have them home again and to love on them! Ayden and I played with his transformers pretty much all night. He got some Valentine’s Day money and I told him that if he did some chores this week he might be able to earn some more money to be able to buy another transformer. He eagerly picked up his toys tonight! I also told him to go into his room to check out his name sign that I made and this is precisely what I heard ‘That’s AWESOME!’ and then he proceeded to tell me that it was his name and spelt it. I was so happy that he liked it!

Other than that it was a pretty low key night. I had a session reflection to write and new lesson plan. Took long enough to do that and now I am enjoying John and Kate Plus 8. They showed previews for next week and I guess they are adopting two puppies! That is crazy! I thought Kate said she would never get pets and then they get TWO dogs! I guess that they have the room now in the new house. All the more power to them! And the puppies looked so cute!

Going to relax a bit and watch the rest of my show. Have my Aud clinic tomorrow… an adult and then child eval so should take up the whole time. Fun fun!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: