Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spending Valentine's Day Alone

Here I was all ready and set to spend Valentine's Day with my little Valentine, Ayden, this weekend, and then Jay ups and turns my plans all around. First he thought he would take Ayden with him sturgeon spearing, then he decides that it would be more productive if he left Ayden at home with me, and now he thinks he might take him again. Only this time, it was his mom's idea. See, they have wrestling regionals (I think) this weekend and so Jay's mom and dad are busy that day with that. But I guess his mom suggested that she take Ayden with her on Saturday and then they all can go out on the lake on Sunday. That works with me as long as it works for Jay and his family. So, as of right now... Ayden is going along again. Jay needs to call his mom today to finalize the plans. And then they are headed back 'home' on Thursday night. That means I will have the house to myself Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday. I'll definitely be craving some Ayden time when they get home.

This plan is fine with me... I can always use a little bit of alone time. It will allow me to get further ahead in my music class, work on a little project that I want to start, and get caught up in my hearing science class... as well as lounge around the house and perfecting the Wii Fit! Speaking of that... I made it to the advance step the other day and the first time I tried that I majorly sucked!!! But last night I was definitely getting better. The one thing that I don't care for is how you have to exactly with them to get 'perfect'. I'm working on that! I am also pretty good at the hula hoop and working on the tight rope walking. Getting there, lol!

My HuHot imitation turned out okay last night. Definitely wasn't HuHot food, but it was good. Jay ended up eating a lot of it which was good because I made a lot. Ayden wouldn't even look at it, but that is okay because the night before I promised to make him some Spongebob mac n cheese and that is what he got. He was pretty happy with that!

Today is another therapy day! I got up at 6:30am this morning (way to early for me this semester) and came to campus early so I could work on my final therapy report that is due at the end of the semester. The first draft is due to my supervisor by next week and because it contains a lot of confidential/personal information we are only allowed to work on them on campus, well actually just in the clinic on the computers. Since Jay doesn't have class today (and no work for like the last two weeks because of no snow) he is taking Ayden to daycare so I could get a few hours to work on my clinic stuff. I alloted three hours to get done what I needed to and was done in under an hour. That is pretty nice because now I have time to blog, work on my hearing science (because I just KNOW that we are going to have a pop quiz today!), and make sure everything is good for therapy today.

I didn't hear anything back from my supervisor about my therapy plan or reflection from Monday. I sent them to her Monday night, but nothing. I'm not sure what is up with that. If she forgot to look at them or I didn't need to change anything. I don't know, but am not going to worry about it. I figured if something was really wrong with them she would have emailed me some comments back already. All seems to be going well. However, part of me doesn't really want to have to deal with therapy today. I don't know why... just don't. My client is great, even if he is super energetic at times!

So, I found this awesome name project that I am going to try and make for Ayden's room. I am so excited to get over to Michael's (love that craft store) and get the materials to see if it works out. I probably won't have time to get there tonight or tomorrow night, or maybe even Friday night, but definitely on Saturday if I haven't before then. Actually, because Jay and Ayden won't be home on Friday I plan on going to work early and then getting done with class noon and then having the rest of the day/weekend to myself to get everything done that I want!!! Even if Ayden does end up staying home I am excited to just have a relaxing weekend. And then next weekend is Wicked and then Stomp!!! Oh how exciting!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: