Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HuHot Imitation

Already Tuesday... seemed like Monday just totally flew by, well and it pretty much did. I had a pretty great Monday. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, except that my Wii Fit FINALLY arrived!!! OMG, oh how happy I was to hear that! So, you can bet your buns that as soon as I got home from school with Ayden yesterday we all were totally checking that thing out! And it is definitely as much fun as people have been saying it is. I did also get some shipping costs back because it took them so long to get it to me. Too bad it wasn't more though. :( Anyways... stepped on and did all that good stuff! I totally rocked at the hula hoop thing and totally sucked at the advanced step. Ha, to be able to follow the steps at the rate they were going, definitely going to take some more practice! But it was totally lots of fun!!!

I got my clinic reflection and lesson plan written up pretty fast last night since I don't have to do the long write up anymore. It was kind of nice not having to worry about it too much and then having some time to just sit and relax. I watched John and Kate Plus 8 and then went on the computer for a bit. It was a pretty relaxing night all around which is what I like. And the weather, let me tell you... it is great!!! I cannot believe how nice outside it is today. It is a bit windy, but pretty gorgeous for this time of the year. Of course that means there is water EVERYWHERE from the snow melting and this water will most likely turn to ice once the colder weather returns at the end of the week. What can you do though?! Our parking lot is literally FILLED with huge pools of water. They totally designed it all wrong and it is so flooding, especially with the stupid way that the people who plow it went at it. The manager was actually trying to plow water last night. It was pretty funny!

Jay called Charter (our local channel and internet provider) last night and reamed them out. This is the second time that they have SCREWED us! It is ridiculous. Jay even got the name of the guy he was on the phone with the first time to make sure that they weren't going to screw us and they still did. Seriously, if we could actually get our local channels with the antenna or stupid digital converter box that we have (yes, that is right, they still don't come in very well) we so wouldn't be putting up with Charter... well that and finding an internet service that is as good as we have with them. Cheaper and same quality would be nice. Stupid internet costs a ton as well. Maybe we should consider going through Alltel with our phones. I know that would definitely be cheaper and Jay's parents have it and it is not super slow. I don't know. Anyways, we were not happy with the price of our bill last night.

Today was my Aud clinic and it went really well. We only had one patient and it was for a hearing aid consult. I pretty much sat and kept my mouth shut, but it was super interesting!!! I was excited to be exposed to something like that, even though my mentor just pretty much sat there as well. Which was all he was supposed to do because he hadn't done anything like that before either. Overall, worth getting dressed up for today, even though I wouldn't call a semi dressed shirt and khaki corduroys super dressed up. One more day to dress up this week... and then two days of jeans!!! You don't get all excited about dressing down until you have to dress up so much, or at least if you are like me and don't really care for the dressy thing all the time. I know I know, I'll have to get used to it.

I am going to attempt to make a teriyaki chicken stir fry thing tonight. I am so in the mood for HuHot and thought hey, I can just make it at home. Or at least try to make it (it being my favorite combination from HuHot). I only add the teriyaki sauce at HuHot so figured it couldn't be too hard. Some noodles (which are going to be homemade by Jay as well), chicken, ham, bag of frozen mixed veggies, and the sauce... fry it up on the stove and should be super yummy. At least that is what I am hoping! I'll be sure to let you all know if it turns out. Jay said that if I cooked it and it didn't turn out I would be like, that's it... we are going to HuHot tonight. Lol... any other day, okay so maybe just the weekend, and I would definitely have been like that! Maybe...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: