Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Finally some time to myself…

I’ve posted the last two days, but even though I’ve done that, I feel like I haven’t really said anything. I did my Not Me’s (which I totally look forward to each and every week) and then Tribute Tuesday (for the first time), yet I have so much running through my head that I have wanted to get out and haven’t had the chance.

This week I was late with my Not Me’s… well late for me and that kind of threw me off. My fault though because I didn’t feel like writing them on Sunday night like I usually do and so then when I did post my Not Me’s later on Monday I didn’t feel like posting anything else. That and I had both a session reflection and lesson plan to write that night and by the time that I was done with that I was ready to lay down and do nothing for the rest of the night.

Yesterday, I did a post for Tribute Tuesday and really enjoyed giving tribute to my mom. She’s the best! We are going to see her this weekend on Sunday, but because she has to work Sunday early afternoon, we won’t get to visit for very long. We are picking up her old foam mattress and meeting her new kitty. I am excited to try the mattress and see the cat. Ayden is excited to see the cat as well! And my mom is excited to see us Ayden. Okay, so I know that she wants to see me too, but I love to joke with her that it’s Ayden she is really after. You know, those phone calls that come every Sunday like clock work seeing if we are still alive. She is really just calling to check on Ayden, lol! Okay okay, and maybe to see if his mommy is doing okay too.

Anyways, so I did that post and then I was gone for the day on campus. I worked until 4pm and by the time I got home at 4:30pm I started supper  because I had to be gone again by 5:30pm for my CPR class and I was starving and wanted to make this Asian rice dinner thing. It actually turned out really good, even though Ayden didn’t like it and because Jay wasn’t feeling good he didn’t try any. That is okay, I ate the rest of it tonight for supper as well. We got supper done and out of the way right before I had to leave and then I was gone until almost 10pm for my class.

The great thing about my class, other than me learning CPR and first aid, is that it is this Tuesday and Thursday (from 6-10pm) and then done! I get one credit for it and certified in CPR for a year and first aid for three years. I have taken this class about three years ago, but thought it was time for a refresher course, what with Ayden and all, and needed one extra credit. Last night went pretty fast actually and I ended up with a bunch of cool girls at my table. We had fun making out with resuscitating the dummy. I feel much more prepared again. My class tomorrow night will be going over infant CPR and first aid. I’m expecting it to go fast again which is good and then I will be done with that!

Therapy on Monday and today went well! My client is doing great and we are making some good progress with only three sessions so far. I’m happy to be able to wear regular clothes tomorrow and Friday and not have to dress up. I had my Aud clinic yesterday as well, but instead of the normal hour and a half observation, I only did 40 minutes. The first client got done early and the last one cancelled so that cut out the rest of my time.  It went well again and I got to talk with my supervisor about what was expected of me and what I should be doing. I feel much better about that and my grad student mentor, Chad, was cool again. I think the more I observe him the more comfortable he will be with me around. I don’t want to crowd him too much, but I also want to learn.

So tonight I finished up the short paper we had to write for CPR, which was super easy! And I wrote my reflection for today’s therapy session. That didn’t take very long either. I should probably start on my lesson plan that is due Friday, but I didn’t do all of the activities that I had planned for today so those can carry over and thus I won’t have to write all that long of a lesson plan. I will do some of that tomorrow after I get home from work and before I have to leave for CPR and finish it up Friday morning since I don’t have to be on campus until 10:30am. It feels nice to have tomorrow and Friday be a little more relaxed.

I also watched part of Transformers with Ayden tonight. Okay, so I rested my eyes fell asleep for part of it, but it was a part that I’d seen already. We are going to watch the rest of it tomorrow because it was bed time for Ayden. He was kind of cranky on the way home from daycare today so I decided that he needed to go to bed on time tonight.

I’m excited for Saturday and the monster truck show and Chuck E Cheese. I’m hoping it won’t be too crazy when we go, but really what am I saying… we are going on a Saturday, isn’t that like prime time to go? We will most likely get there at a decent time though. The monster truck show is only about an hour and a half/two hours and so we should make it to Chuck E Cheese by about 4pm if not a little earlier. That is not quite supper time. I figure we will most likely be starting to play the games when it gets really busy, oh great (right?), but that is okay. As long as Ayden has fun, that is all that matters!

I was going to do some laundry tonight, but that went right out the window. It is a relaxing night for me to do just about nothing! The first half of this week fell past and I felt like I was just floating through it getting nothing done. But of course I was getting some stuff done because otherwise I wouldn’t have had a therapy plan for today.

Off to upload my picture of the day (and yesterday since I was too lazy to post it then)!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: