Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I hope that everyone is having a stellar Valentine’s Day… well that is, if you like to celebrate it, and if not, I hope you are having a stellar Saturday!

My weekend is going pretty darn great (for the most part). My Friday afternoon was quite relaxing which I enjoyed. I did not do a whole lot, but that was okay with me. I missed my boys, but know that they will be back soon enough!

Last night, I went out to get a few groceries and then stopped at Red Box to get two movies. I really wanted to get the movie The Secret Life of Bees, but the one at Walmart did not have it. Bummer! So I went to the Red Box at Walgreens and wouldn’t you know, they didn’t have it either. I settled for No Reservations and The Eye… one chick flick and one scary/suspense one.

After my late supper last night I crawled into bed around 8pm with my friends Ben and Jerry and popped in the chick flick movie. As much as I like scary movies there was no way that I was going to be watching one at home alone and in the dark… nope, not me! No Reservations was pretty good and by the time it was over at 10pm I was definitely ready to go to bed.

However, I didn’t really sleep all that well last night. I cannot pinpoint the reason why, but know that it probably had something to do with the constant flux of thoughts running through my head about every gosh darn topic that I could think of. Anyone else have that problem? When all they want to do is sleep… and they cannot shut their mind off? Anyways, it seemed like I was waking up every two hours or so. Which means… I so slept in this morning! I didn’t get out of bed until 9am, even though I probably checked the clock every half hour from 7am.

This morning I ran a few errands and semi finished up a the project I was working on… this is what it looks like laying on my kitchen counter. I have to actually glue the ribbons on yet and then paint the sides of the circles. I cannot wait to put it up in his room!

DSC04767I also watched my second movie this afternoon. Thought it would be a good time to watch it because it was nice and light out. It actually didn’t turn out as scary as I thought it might which was definitely a plus. I thought it was pretty good, but not the best. After returning my movies, I ventured into Walgreens to see if they had some of my face wash because I was in need of some and didn’t want to run all the way to Walmart if I didn’t have to and they had it! Actually, they have a lot more stuff that I thought they would. Goes to show that I haven’t been in a Walgreens in a very long time. I do remember that we found Ayden’s favorite nuks at a Walgreens, oh wait… or was that the County Market. Lol, I can’t remember, but he was definitely a nukaholic!

Talked to Jay a few times today. He didn’t have any luck in the sturgeon department. He didn’t even see anything. He did let me know that there were a few tragedies out there today. Unfortunately someone’s truck went in near the crack and two (possibly three) lives were lost. My heart goes out to those families. I could tell that it kind of shook Jay up because he mentioned it a few times while we were on the phone. Probably because it happened so close to where he was fishing. He said that it kind of puts a whole damper on the weekend, which I can imagine. I guess the locals all kind of band together during sturgeon spearing.

On a brighter note, Ayden was very well behaved today at the wrestling tournament which was good. I was unsure how he would be because it was an all day thing. He is pretty excited to go out on the lake tomorrow as well! I’ll just be happy when they get back home.

As for me… I anticipate I will probably relax in front of the boob tube tonight and snuggle up with a quilt and finish up my visit with Ben and Jerry. They left last night after I got too full, lol! Tomorrow might find me getting something productive done. But it is always to just chill for a day and get some of your mental energy back. Mine was kind of lacking yesterday (especially in my darn hearing science class).

Speaking of that class… so I read the material for it, like all 10 pages or whatever and we got our quiz and I was so ready to ace it because I actually read and even understood the material. I get the quiz and start reading the questions (mind you a 6 question quiz) and what the heck, ended up with only three right. Seriously, I think I’ve failed every quiz so far. The questions he puts on these things, OMG! Like you need to memorize the pages word for word. I was a little disappointed because I know I need to do well on these quizzes to do well in the class. Maybe I should take the hint and read more than once? I don’t know, and like I have the time. Maybe I should be reading my hearing science now instead of blogging. Ha, I’m not that ambitious.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

2 comments:

Kimber B Photography said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I hate quizzes, I always did worse on those then on the tests.

mittelmommy said...

great job on the name for aydens room! it turned out cute!