Friday, February 6, 2009

Fab Friday means Flying High!

Oh it has been a great Friday so far! The weather is sunny and hot. Oh yeah people, we are definitely higher than 20 degrees here today and that is smokin’ hot for winter, or more for February and the weekend is shaping up to be a pretty nice one as well! How great is that going to be? Two weekends in a row where there is nice weather! I’m super excited for it and I hope that those who live around me are as well!

What else has made my Friday so great thus far?! Well, I only have one class on Fridays and it is my Hearing Science class and we did NOT have a quiz today. In fact, it was a review day and we got to work on problems with our tables. Well, our problems were not necessarily easy, but it made the class go fast and I was actually starting to understand some of what he was explaining by the time we were leaving. And it gave us a chance to work as a group which was nice as well.

My class got over and I headed off to work. Work is always pretty good for me so nothing to complain about there, but today was even better. I got to bring home some flowers. It was a coworker’s birthday this week and she got lots of flowers and asked if I wanted to take any home because she had so many already. Okay, so they are only carnations, but they are still pretty and the vase is very nice as well! So we have some pretty flowers at home now! And while I was at work checking my email, I got an email from my clinic supervisor stating that I can now use the shortened lesson plan form. Can you believe that? We are moving into week three… let me say that again WEEK THREE of clinic and already I am allowed to use the short form. How exciting and crazy is that?!?! I’m stoked because it is going to save me a lot of time writing up lesson plans that usually were three typed pages and two times a week. I mean, I knew I would get the short lesson plan form eventually (everyone does) but was expecting at least three or four more weeks of the longer form. AH! I’m so excited and having such a great day!

And tomorrow I get to see my best friend at Chuck E Cheese. I am so excited that she is going to come with us. She could totally bail out and spend a longer time at the benefit she is going to or meet up with her boyfriend early, but she is taking the time out of her day to spend with us, especially Ayden. Btw, this is the same friend who was having severe boyfriend issues a couple of weeks ago. And it just so happens that right when she wasn’t looking for a guy one happened upon her. Isn’t it crazy how things tend to happen like that? Anyways, so far this guy is like a dream come true for her. She hasn’t met someone this sincere in almost a year. They’ve only been seeing each other for about two weeks now, but you can usually tell within the first couple of weeks if the relationship will work for a while or not. He seems to fit her pick just right! Definitely a sweet heart so far! Just what she needs! And… wait for it… wait for it! They have both decided to take things SUPER SLOW! My friend is known to kind of jump right into relationships so I’m extremely happy to hear she is going slow with this guy and they have had several discussions about it already. Oh, how great! Another thing to be super happy about!

So, I’m hoping that because I am having such a fabulous Friday that the rest of my weekend continues to go super great as well! Always trying to look on the positive side of things. I decided yesterday that I’m a shopaholic. Okay, I knew that a WAY LONG TIME AGO, but it’s time for me to sit back for a little while. Every now and then I go through spurts and spend money sort of like none other. I mean, not gobs and gobs here, certainly not, we don’t have gobs and gobs, but still more than I should, especially in the last few weeks. I just feel that I’ve been spending too much and need to take a chill pill. We’re not talking hundreds and hundreds, okay, well actually we kind of are because Wii Fit was almost that much, and then Jay’s carharts, and then I bought some new clothes at Walmart and a movie and toy for Ayden. So about $300 in the last month on things I really didn’t NEED! My closet definitely isn’t bare. So, it’s time to stop the extra purchasing. Especially since this weekend it’s Chuck E Cheese, and then later in the month going out to eat before going to see Wicked, and then maybe going to see Stomp with my friend and maybe getting a tattoo afterwards (although her cousin will be doing them so we will get them way discounted). So you see, it has to stop. No more splurge buys for Ashley, Jay, or Ayden… not for the rest of the month. I’m trying hard!!!

This whole outfit was totally bough at Walmart and all for under $30! Okay, minus the free undies from Victoria Secret and can’t remember where I got the bra and the jewelry is predominantly Lia Sophia (oh wait, watch that I have on, totally Walmart too!)… but you get my drift. When I shop, I shop cheap! Jeans for $20 and under are totally my thing. Shirts for $10 and under are totally my thing. Scarves for $5… who can go wrong! And I’d say I’m a hopping college student, eh? I much prefer semi stylish mom, lol! I don’t need name brand, just to feel good in my skin. (Oh and don’t mind the toothpaste spots on my bathroom mirror, definitely needs cleaning!) But like I said, we are going to try and take shopping hiatus for a while.

Ah yes, did I just say another tattoo? Why yes… that is exactly what I wrote. I’ve been wanting another tattoo for quite some time and had some ideas of what I wanted and two potential places for where I wanted them. And then my friend told me that she wanted another one too. This friend being super scared of needles and almost too chicken to get another. This friend being the one who gets poked by a huge needle like once a month and does it like a champ. Scared, yeah sure, lol! Anyways, she said she wanted one and that she was going to see if her cousin would do it for her and I told her we should maybe get them the weekend I come for Stomp and she thought it would be a great idea. Me being the planner went designed my tattoo that night and I love it! I need to talk to her cousin about it though because I’m not sure if I can get it as small as I want it and it still turn out. I want to get it in the top corner of my left foot, probably about four inches big. But like I said, still have to talk to my friend’s cousin.

tattoo1

Here is what I was thinking for my tattoo. My rough draft of it anyways… ‘Believe’ has always been my saying, for as long as I can remember. Those are Ayden’s footprints from the day he was born. I scanned them in from the ones the nurses took shortly after he was born (thus the lines going through them and a missing toe on the left foot and heel on the right) and the flowers are something I found online and changed just a bit. I went back and forth with how I wanted the ‘believe’ to look… all curly and pretty like or more stand outish, I prefer the second because it is more me. Like I said, I don’t know how small I can go with it before it can’t be done so that might deter me. I don’t know, but in any case, I like it…

Okay… Jay will be home soon with Ayden from school and I want to play Wii with me…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: