Sunday, February 1, 2009

Addicted!

I am SO addicted to creating new blog layouts that it isn’t funny! I love being creative that way since it has been ages since I have gotten out my actual scrapbooking stuff and done some of that. I have done a few digital scrapbooking things, but not a whole lot on that front either. I suppose instead of changing my layout so often, I could be making those?! Probably… or not, lol! Ah, they say change is good and if all I am addicted to changing is my background, I suppose that is okay!

Jay found out yesterday from his friend JT that his friend Aaron bought a house. Aaron just so happens to live in the cul-de-sac of duplexes that Jay and I looked at a couple of months ago. Well, not the insides or anything, but the outsides. Aaron told us that the duplexes were a rent by month type thing and owned by more than one person so it would be hard to see when one would come available. JT said though… that they were pretty nice on the inside and Aaron was paying less than we were. So, if Aaron bought a house… that means he has to move and of course someone will have to move into his duplex… you thinking what I’m thinking?!

My mind is already rolling! Which of course is probably not a good thing because then I get my hopes up and it all goes kapooy! I told Jay to get a hold of JT who would get a hold of Aaron (although Jay could probably also call Aaron himself because he knows him as well, just not as well as JT) and see what the deal is. If we were to consider moving, I would want to walk through Aaron’s place and see if it would work for us. All I know for sure is what it looks like from the outside, that it has a two stall garage, and has two levels and a finished basement. Also, if we were to consider moving, we have to give 60 day notice at our current place. I’m assuming it will take a few weeks to close on Aaron’s house… and JT thinks Aaron will probably be in the duplex for another month yet.

Goodness goodness… I am already getting excited about this prospect and know nothing about it! It’s kind of like a waiting game that I don’t want to play! I’m mentally packing, thinking about how great it would be to use the basement as a toy room/office, wondering if it has one bathroom or two, is there a dishwasher, where would Ayden go to school then? I’m trying to think realistically here because I don’t want to get my hopes up (oh wait, I think they already are).

The duplexes are located more towards Plover which would add about 10 minutes on to our drive to school, but it is doable. Actually, it would put Jay that much closer to his work. They are also duplexes, which means… we only have to worry about ONE neighbor! Aaron’s one actually has a pretty decent yard for Ayden as well and the cul-de-sac is pretty quiet and located right next to a great sidewalk area (something we are missing here). However, it would put us farther away from the pool, river/beach area we go to, and the big blue park. We would also have to find a different school for Ayden to go to, but that is okay as well. I’m already envisioning moving during spring break, ah… stop doing that!

Anyways, that is my semi exciting news for today…

Otherwise, it was a pretty quiet day on the home front. Jay and Ayden went outside to play again because the weather was so beautiful. I decided to stay inside today. Wasn’t really in the mood to go out. Actually, I was quite surprised that Jay took Ayden out. I was totally expecting him to tell him that he didn’t want to (a normal occurrence in our house, which is kind of sad), but they had a GREAT time outside and it gave me a little down time. I’ve been thinking a lot about some things and it hasn’t really been leaving me in that great of a mood. Jay and sort of noticed it too and I’ve tried to push those thoughts from my head, but it only works for so long.

I got a few more things ready for my speech session tomorrow. Had to print a few things off… Think I am all ready to go with that. Have my first group meeting in the morning before hand, which means I have to leave for school an hour earlier. Kind of a bummer…

Remember how I said a few posts ago about how I know Ayden has some speech errors, but nothing I thought he would need speech therapy for. Well, we got his progress report (yeah, they get progress reports in 4K, I know, right!?!) and all in all, his teacher said that is doing pretty great, but she has some concerns about his speech. She stated that at some times she cannot understand what he is saying, as well as some of his peers that he doesn’t interact with a lot. She wants to discuss this with us at the upcoming parent teacher conference.

Because I am around Ayden the most, I am the one who can understand pretty much everything he says, thus my thinking he was moving along pretty fine. However, it does concern me that his teacher isn’t understanding him fully, as well as his classmates. And I know that if that continues, it could become a problem in the future with other kids making fun of him. I am going to see what his teacher suggests at the meeting. We might want to consider getting him evaluated for it and determine if therapy is needed. I know that students can get speech therapy through our clinic for free, however I do not know if that extends for their children. Also, if the school suggests and evaluation then they might incur the costs. I’m pretty sure the eval would take place through the university. Okay, I’m not pretty sure, but assuming so because I know that Ayden’s center has one of our supervisors come to his daycare/school to do therapy with children. In any case, I only want what is best for him and if they suggest it, I’m all for it. It is not going to hurt him any… I’ll keep you updated!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: