Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still Flying High!

It has been precisely two days since I have found out that I am going to grad school in the fall, and still I am flying high. It hasn’t quite sunk in yet… I am graduating, going to grad school… it feels a little more final if that makes any sense?!

I have been receiving accolades from just about everyone. I found out that the two other girls in my class that applied got in as well. I wasn’t expecting anything other than that. I am wondering if they accepted anyone else and/or how many other students? I’m sure only time will tell. It feels nice to have people tell me that they didn’t have any doubts about me getting in because personally, I was really nervous about it. I had NO back up plan as to what I would do if I didn’t get in. It was I pretty much had to or sink into a deep depression. Anyways, I probably talked enough about this in my last post that you are sick of it… I’m just still feeling so grateful and blessed that it worked out this way!

The speech students still haven’t heard whether they got in yet or not. I am not sure when they are going to hear, but I do know that a lot of them are more nervous now that they know letters have gone out. Although, they have many more applications to go through on that front so I can see why it would take them longer to decide on who is going to be accepted or not. It just blows my mind what the professors have to decide upon!

My therapy session went pretty well on Monday. My supervisor said that she thought it went great… me… I just thought okay. We did get a lot of god productions in spontaneous speech which was good. She also liked lesson plan for Wednesday so that was good. I am now able to punch out my reflection and lesson plan in under and hour. It is nice that it is coming easier and easier to me. I am anticipating another good session tomorrow!

I had my audiology clinic today and I finally got to do something. My grad student mentor was out sick so it was just me and my supervisor. I was a little intimidated at first and freaked out because I knew that she was probably going to ask me to do something. Have I mentioned that I really need to refresh myself with all of that good stuff? Anyways, she had me do otoscopy (which is look in the client’s ears) and that went well. I was nervous, but remembered how to do that. And then I was able to do pure tone testing (on the new audiometer, yeah!) and that went well too. At least for my first time. It was kind of hard to discern whether or not the client heard the sounds because s/he kept the button down most of the time so instead of watching for the light like usual, I had to watch his hand and whether or not he was pushing the button. But my supervisor said that I did good for my first time so I was happy with that. And I will only get better with practice.

I really need to start studying for my tests at the end of this week. We were finally told what we would be tested on for our sociology test. Doesn’t make me feel any more confident about it, but that is probably because I haven’t done any actual studying for it. I am supposed to be meeting up with a classmate tomorrow morning to study for hearing science. It would probably help if I actually got my butt off of here and went through some of that stuff. Can’t you tell that I am really trying to get out of it, lol! I’m ready for this week to be over!

I cannot wait to get my new tattoo on Saturday! Not looking forward to the pain, but it is going to be lots of fun!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: