Sunday, February 8, 2009

Home and comfy…

Where to start about my super crappy ending to my super great Friday and my super crappy start to my super great Saturday? So much to say, but what to say?

Maybe I will just start typing and see what comes out, I do that most of the time anyways… here goes…

Friday night Jay and I got into an argument. The reason not so important, but it pretty much sucked. I know relationships aren’t perfect and everyone has their bumps and hills and even mountains to get over. We are currently trying to get over a mountain. Every time I think we make two steps forward, I am reminded that it isn’t that easy and we get sent back one step. Although, if Jay and I are meant to be together, I know that we will have to work at/through things and only be stronger in the end. We talked and yelled and talked some more and ended up going to bed cuddling. I hate fighting, I know he does as well… but we did come to a consensus before bed and it felt good. Going to bed angry is never good for anyone.

So my Saturday started pretty good. We got up, got ready, got packed… headed out of the door to the monster truck show. Jay and I were still in our good mood when we left. My one little comment on the way to the show about how I thought Jay shouldn’t drive so close to the person in front of us (I mean seriously, when you are driving 70mph, you shouldn’t tailgate!) and we were at each others throats again. I don’t even know what we were supposed to be arguing about. This happened once more before we actually got to the show, but by then we were all better again and have been ever since. I know that we can get at each other’s throats every now and then and I am a little… maybe demanding, bossy, opinionated, I try, I know I need work. We are every making ourselves better, right?

The monster truck show was awesome! Because we were an hour and a half early (yes you read that right) we were able to join the pit party and actually go see the monster trucks up close and Ayden was able to get his flag signed by the drivers! It was pretty cool and it made the time go really fast! I think the best part was the dirt bikes during intermission. Those guys are crazy and crazy good!!! One of them was actually at the X-Games two years in a row! A bit of a celebrity… and he was definitely awesome! One of the trucks even flipped over which was probably the best part and it was the girl driver (who ended up winning the show). She was fine and didn’t even wreck her truck. I sort of think she did it on purpose to get a rise out of the crowd. Crowds like that sort of thing!

Or adventure at Chuck E Cheese was awesome as well! We might my beset friend there. I was so excited that she was able to make it with us! We had to wait in line for over a half hour before we got our table which really kind of sucked but had we gotten there about 15 minutes earlier we probably would have made it in early. There was a group of 14 ahead of us who didn’t book a reservation for their little party gathering. Not to mention the grandmother of the little girl was super annoying. She wouldn’t shut her trap. Anyways, we made it in and ordered and the pizza was super good as well! It was turning into a pretty fab night! 250 tokens later we had 833 tickets and traded those in for a dart gun, some air heads and twirly straws. And… then we went to Cold Stone at the suggestion from my friend.

Ah, Cold Stone was delicious! Not needed after that filling pizza, but so worth it! Well for me, Jay, and my friend. Ayden hardly ate any of his which sort of sucked, but he still had tons of fun!

Today we went to my mom’s in the morning to pick up her old mattress topper. She got a new mattress and bed and didn’t need it anymore. I’m really looking forward to seeing how it sleeps tonight. It is about four inches of that foam stuff that conforms to your body. Can’t wait! After a couple of hours there we had to motivate because she had to go to work. We chilled at Jay’s parents for a little while before coming back to Point and then chilled here for the rest of the day.

Overall it was a pretty good weekend. I finished my music assignment and got the rest of my clinic stuff ready for tomorrow. Not nervous about the session at all which is good. Not really wanting the week to start though…

Next weekend is sturgeon spearing… oh wait, back up for a second. After we left Jay’s parents we stopped at his grandparents house down by the lake to pick up some chocolate milk and so Jay could show his grandma something on her GPS. When we got there we found out that some guys were giving airplane rides. Some sort of fly by thing they do every year. I asked Ayden if he wanted to go and at first he said he did, but then he changed his mind. I wasn’t really going to push him if he didn’t want to, but I would have loved to go! I love to fly and it would have been so much fun. But of course my camera was dead so I wouldn’t have gotten any pictures anyways. We did venture onto the lake with Jay’s vehicle for a little while so we could get a better look at the planes. Just a sort ride though. Wish my camera would have been working though so I could have gotten some pictures.

So, back to sturgeon spearing! Jay was originally going to take Ayden with him, but I think he has backed out of that. It is only going to be him and Ayden and Ayden is not old enough to go outside and play in the snow by himself so Jay will have to watch him the whole time, whether he is in the shanty or out and while in he will have to be more concerned with Ayden not falling into the hole/water. I don’t have a problem with him staying home with me. We will have fun being at home while Jay hopefully gets that big one!

The weather is supposed to be pretty great this week! I am so excited! That means Ayden will get to go outside quite a bit at school and gets lots of fresh air. I know that the teachers always love when they are able to get outside because then the kids can get some of their energy out by running around.

Definitely going to go lay down now and chill!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: