Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Beach Babes!

Jack! Ayden and I were totally beach babes today. Okay so maybe just he was. I didn't have my swim suit on and wasn't really feeling so babeish (spelt right? even a word?). We had lots of fun though. I decided that we were going to skip nap time today and head to the beach instead because it was so nice and warm and we haven't been to the beach yet for swimming. Packed up the sand toys, towels, chairs, snacks, sun screen, swim suit for Ayden, and off we headed after I picked him up from daycare. He was excited to know that he didn't have to take a nap.

The water was a lot colder than I expected it to be for this time of the summer already, but I guess that we haven't had that much of super warm weather this summer yet either. After spending a few minutes in the water you get used to it and it actually felt pretty nice. There was a lot of little stones though when you walked right in and it kind of hurt. Ayden didn't seen to have a problem with it, but I almost thought about wearing my sandals into the water. We walked out a little farther to where the sand was and then it was better.

At first I didn't think that Ayden would get into the water as much as he did, but after a few minutes he was splashing galore and trying to get me as wet as he could. It was fun splashing him as well. He even got a little gutsy and travelled farther from me than I would have liked, but given that the water doesn't even get than high and it's not as if the river has all that much of an actual current I wasn't super paranoid. We made it through the swimming excursion without any falls under the water. He did put his head in a little bit though which was cute. He even tried to drink some of the water, but that was a big no no. But it tastes good he kept telling me, but of course we still couldn't have him drinking it. A few mouthfuls by accident are okay, but glassfuls are a definite no no.

We ended up staying for almost two hours and then we headed home. Ayden had to go potty and they don't have any near the beach. Kind of weird I know, but the nearest ones are far enough away that I didn't want to take Ayden and leave all of stuff behind so we packed up and went home. He made it until we got home to go potty which I was very proud of. Nothing like having to clean pee out of a carseat. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing, not quite napping... and more playing. Ayden and I were hitting a balloon around and wrestling on the futon. He definitely is his father's child.

Yesterday my best friend stopped over on her way home and spent the night. It was good to see her again, even though we talk nearly everyday. We haven't seen each other since February. We had a good time chatting it up and even went out for Cold Stone ice cream as Ayden was going to bed. We get along super great, but sometimes I just don't think she gets it. Well the whole being a parent thing. For me it's all about Ayden and he is what comes first in my life. And I guess sometimes I just don't get her life either because some of the things that she is so concerned about I think are so trivial and I am sure that some of the things that I get concerned about or excited about probably seem pretty trivial to her as well. Like when Ayden recognizes another letter or does something for the first time.

Got to get things ready tomorrow for my mom and sister coming up. I made up a menu today while I was cooking supper. Well making noodles and throwing some beef tips into the microwave. Probably the first time that I have made an actual menu in over a year. There are a few things that I want to get at the store tomorrow, well NEED to get is more like it. Otherwise my menu is worthless.

I've been watching my sister's collection of chick flicks this week so far. License to Wed on Sunday night... pretty good I guess. Had some pretty funny parts, but a rather predictable ending. 27 Dresses yesterday which I also thought was pretty good and Just Like Heaven today and I have to tell you that one had me crying at TWO different spots. Actual tears coming down my cheeks. That doesn't happen very often. There was a movie on the ABC Family channel a while back (the name escapes me right now) and when I watched it I had the tears coming down my cheeks again. So it was on again a few months after that and I knew that I would cry at the end and decided to watch it anyways (really good movie) and kept telling myself that because I already knew the end that I wouldn't cry. And I thought I was doing pretty good, I made it almost to the end, and then of course they get to the sad part and the tears spring up again. How can they catch your emotions like that? Lol... I'm a sucker for a good chick flick though. I have P.S. I Love You, Music and Lyrics, and Because I Said So to watch yet. I think tomorrow is P.S. I Love You... we will have to see.

Oh, so a little interesting fact about Jay and his game playing. One would have thought that seeing my friend was over last night that Jay would have just retreated to his computer while I was spending time with her. Well, kind of suprising, he didn't go on it at all and spent the time chatting it up with us and actually went to bed about a half hour before me. And it's not like I went to bed late. Really confusing... so, we will see how long he is on tonight and tomorrow because Thursday thru Sunday night he will not be able to go on very late. Who knows?

A new episode of Deadliest Catch is on now so I am gonna get going... CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: