Tuesday, June 10, 2008

GRE Paranoia!

These gas prices are really starting to bum me out. This weekend is Father's Day (of which I thought was next weekend and really got screwed up on my days). In any case, because the price of gas is so darn high and we have to go home next weekend as well, we will be staying here in Point for Father'say Day. It's honestly fine and all because Jay's parents will be gone to Iowa anyways to visit Jay's very first cousin on his mom's side. His mom finally gets to be an auntie (well to blood relatives anyways). So we wouldn't get to see them anyways. But I miss last year when we could go home every weekend and not really think about it all that hard. Now the $60 that it takes in gas to go home and back is a chunk of change that we really can't afford to waste. However, I think the same could be said for teh $70 that we spent at Walmart this past weekend. I'd say about $35 of that didn't NEED to be spent. And today there is a new computer game coming out that Jay thinks he NEEDS to get. It is going to cost $40 I think. Okay, nothing super expensive, however... we don't really NEED it. Just another reason for him to be on the computer more. But at least both him and Ayden are excited about this game. It goes with the show Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. Good show and it does look like a good game.

Jay talked to his mom last night and found out that we still 'owe' them $2000. And by that... they put $4000 in the bank for Jay in order for Jay to take out his truck loan. Something weird the credit union needed as collateral or whatever you want to call it. Anyways, they put the money up into the account for him/us and he was able to get the loan. In reality when the loan is paid for the money can be withdrawn again, well actually say we pay $100 on the loan, $100 can be taken out of the account. So... we already wrote his parents out a check for $2000 which means if we needed, when we paid $2000 on the loan, we could take out $2000 as our money if we needed it. And we did take out about $1000 last summer. I'm hoping that we can keep at least $2000 in so when we are done paying the loan next summer his parents can just have that money back and we won't have to worry about actually paying them, but I don't know how the money situation is going to be. Right now if NEED be, we could withdraw about $1300, but like I said, I would really prefer not to. I guess we will have to wait and see how things go. It's always a waiting game, is it not?

I'm thinking about dying my hair black again. Can't remember if I've said anything about this before. It's about three different colors now. Black, lighter brown/very dark orangish (if you want to call it that) and then about an inch at the roots of my real color... dark brown. I really liked it black and am getting sick of the three colors so maybe...


Night time now, took a bit of a break there. Jay didn't end up buying that computer game because only the one for XBox 360 came out today. Apparently the one for the computer does not come out until next week. A good thing, save $40 until next week and actually it's going to be his Father's Day present. Can't really afford to get anything else right now. Still have those incoming bills to pay... ugh!

So, I got out my GRE study guide today and thought I should probably start taking a look at it seeing that I am going to be taking it in a little less than two months. Total paranoia has just about set in. This test is not going to be that long, but the questions are nuts! And I have to write two essays to go with it. The one good thing is that Ayden will be gone the week that I have to take it. He is spending it at Grandpa and Grandma Hoerth's house. One less thing to worry about at that time. There is also a code in the back of my book that I can use to access extras online, however my code DOES NOT WORK! I am freaking out here... so I tried the 1-800 number and got patched through to customer service, sat on hold for about five minutes, only to have someone tell me that they were already closed! Couldn't someone have told me that when I called in?! I was a little ticked there, but I guess I will just try tomorrow. Really starting to freak out about this test though because I NEED to do good in order to get into grad school and because I am only applying to one grad school it means all that much more. I know that any 'normal' person would be applying to at least two maybe more grad schools, but the only two grad schools in Wisconsin that have an audiology program are Point and Madison (it's a collaborative program and when I get my Doctorate I will be recieving a diploma from both Point and Madison, pretty cool huh?) and well it would be kind of unfeasible for us to go to Madison right now. Higher living costs and what not and well I really like it here in Point. Wish me luck when I send in my applications in the winter. I can't believe that I will be having to do that already!

Ayden is in bed right now so I have a bit of free time. He's not actually sleeping, which is fine because he never falls asleep right away. He got up early again this morning. Guess we starting on that again, only one day of sleeping in. Lol... I don't mind, it was only a half hour before I was supposed to get up anyways. I took a bit of a nap today, but only because I didn't have a book that I was reading. I think I might be read out for a while because I am not really in the mood to read right now, much less anything else. For the most part our place in clean so there wasn't any cleaning to do this afternoon and I didn't want to sit on the computer or sit watching TV all afternoon so I thought I might take a nap just like Ayden. Should take advantage of it while I can, right? Won't always be able to do that.

0 comments: