Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ramen and Cinnamon Rolls!

Jack- last night supper consisted of ramen noodles and cinnamon rolls. I know, super healthy, right? Well, we weren't exactly shooting for healthy though, just something to eat. Ayden and I shared a bowl and then for our snack we made a pack of small cinnamon rolls. They were super yummy! We need to do some grocery shopping, really lacking on any food that I'm hungry for around here. But since we are going home for the weekend we prolly won't do a good grocery purchase until early next week. Tonight we had mac and cheese... although for some reason I am starting to really dislike the smell of it. I could barely force it down my throat tonight and we really don't eat it all that often. At least I don't think we do...

I went shopping at Kohls today and I really didn't spend all that much money. I was pretty proud of myself. I bought two shirts for Ayden that have dinosaurs on and get this... they came from the boys section and not the baby section. My little man fits into boy size clothing! I cannot believe it! Of course I knew this point would come, but it's hard to really believe that he's growing so big. Some of those looks and things he says to me are such little boy looks. Especially the cocky sassy ones. I wonder where he gets those from?! Lol. Anywhoo, he got two shirts, I found two shirts for Jay, and I bought a new swim suit. I totally didn't need the swimsuit, but it was on sale and too cute to pass up! I tried on a bunch of other stuff, but really didn't like how any of it looked on me. Looked good on the hanger, but that was it. That's okay though because I didn't need to spend too much money. And I even got $10 Kohls cash to spend next week. Always a good thing!

After Ayden and my nap today we went to the park. Well actually I drove to the river and then rollerbladed with Ayden in the stroller to the park. Then we ran around the park for a little while. Ayden made a new little buddy. They were running around and having fun and then it was back to rollerblading back to the car. Total amount rollerbladed today... 4 miles! Yeah me! And my snacking today was down to nothing! Always a good thing as well! But I was just about dead by the time that we got back to the car. It was a good thing that we took a break at the park because I don't think I could have bladed 4 miles all in one shot. Maybe after a little more getting in shape, but just not yet. Ayden was very good the whole time though and thus got his prize tonight. He was supposed to get it last night, but he wasn't listening very well last night and actually got a toy taken away for not listening. He was not very happy, but he needed to learn.

No change on the front of where Jay and his game is involved. So nothing really new to report there. It's pretty much become a daily occurence of us fighting about something or another. Should I just get used to it? Last night was the same and we went to bed not speaking to each other and of course he acted like nothing happened this morning. Also, I'm getting sick of him not helping with Ayden in the morning. I could lay in bed until 10 minutes before I had to leave too, but then who would make sure Ayden got breakfast and got dressed and what not?

Speaking of morning, Ayden thought it would be fun to get up at 5am this morning! He hasn't gotten up that early in years! And he didn't even go to bed that early last night. He was up at 9pm when I turned his light off. But I think that because it is light out at 5am now that he can see it through his shades and he thinks that it is time to get up then. Wrong! I told him that it was too early and that he needed to go back and lay down in bed, but he said that he didn't want to. Instead then I told him that he had to lay down on the couch and I would turn on cartoons for him. He layed down then and watched cartoons until I decided to get up at about 7am. There was no reason for him to be up so early. Needless to say, he took a pretty decent nap today. I took a nice one too. I don't know why I was so tired because I didn't go to bed late and I slept pretty good.

Lately I've been feeling kind of dizzy during the day. It's hard to explain, but my head doesn't feel just right. It's not pounding like a headache and I don't necessarily get dizzy when I stand or walk around, but it feels like something in my head won't stop spinning. It's been going on for a few days now and at first I thought it might have been because I didn't have any caffeine the first day and that was why, but I've had some caffeine the last few days and it doesn't seem to have gotten any better. I feel fine right now, but earlier when I was eating supper it was almost unbearable. I guess I will see how it goes for a few days yet.

Time to get Ayden ready for bed now... my night to read to him. It's actually a part of the day that I enjoy and I am glad that Jay has gotten into the groove of reading to him as well. And I'm sure it will be something that we continue for quite a few years yet. At least I hope so! I know that Ayden really likes it! CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: